Recent content by Cantabrian35

1. Cantabrian35

Rumour Canterbury Bulldogs Chasing Leigh Leopards Forward Tom Amone

Played 63 games in 2022 and 2023 seasons, had the most run metres in the ESL in 2023 and was picked in the Super League Team of the Year. He was also a major factor in the team's surprise win in the Challenge Cup final. He broke a bone in his foot earlier this year but is back now and it's not...
  2. Cantabrian35

News Brandon Wakeham arrested

I'm willing to excuse this. Last week his coach told him to have a real crack and Brandon just misinterpreted the message.
  3. Cantabrian35

Opinion Buzz on Twitter

I worked at News Limited when I first came out of University in the late 80's and Buzz was at the Daily Telegraph and was considered a joke by most of the other League writers. He has come a long way since, now he is considered a joke by the entire League community.
  4. Cantabrian35

Happy Saturday night Kennelers

Does anyone else get the feeling that Kenny Niko is a Dogs' supporter? Sure, he had the very unimpressive record of 0-3 going into the bout but he seemed like he was releasing some pent-up frustration in that 70 seconds.
  5. Cantabrian35

2024 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Best game I've seen him play and deserved that try.
  6. Cantabrian35

Semi-final intensity?

I haven't seen the replay at this stage and that always reveals a few things that you miss at the game (and keeps you a lot drier) but we needed to get points in the first 20 minutes because Cleary played perfect wet weather football in the second 20 minutes which didn't give us any more...
  7. Cantabrian35

‘Small ball’ and a rugby league revolution: Are the Bulldogs back?

It was also because the two best teams in 2005 (Parramatta and St. George) did what they did best in the 2000's, crumbled under pressure. Unfortunately, the likes of Penrith, Melbourne and the Roosters are not likely to be so accommodating this year. Brisbane is probably the only top tier team...
  8. Cantabrian35

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

We've played a ton of games in the past few years where we played ugly and lost by plenty. It's been a very long time since we played ugly and managed to win and that can only be a good thing. It has also been a long time since I've been to the footy with a car full of fans rather than...
  9. Cantabrian35

2024 Round 9 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

He's actually a Victorian. Just when you think the bunker decisions can't possibly get worse, Chris Butler awards that try. When the guy scoring the try is the most surprised person on the ground, there is a significant problem. I hope the injury to Paps isn't a bad one, if ever a guy...
  10. Cantabrian35

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

I don't think the Tigers will be easybeats today and I expect a tough game. After four straight losses, they'll be desperate to avoid a fifth and it shapes up as a mini grand final for them as they will be closer to the bottom of the ladder than the top eight if they lose again. I'm not...
  11. Cantabrian35

2024 Round 9 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I just watched one of my dogs defecate in the yard. It was more entertaining than this game although it didn't stink as bad. This the worst Penrith has played since 2019.
  12. Cantabrian35

News ‘Put the house on it’: Viral NRL conspiracy says Bulldogs to win 2024 premiership

Ok, this may be the biggest sign of all... I didn't want to get everybody too excited but it's proven too difficult to contain. In 2004, Sweden won the Men's World Curling Championships and Canada won the Women's title. In 2024, Sweden won the Men's World Curling Championships and Canada won...
  13. Cantabrian35

News ‘Put the house on it’: Viral NRL conspiracy says Bulldogs to win 2024 premiership

In 2004, the South Sydney coach (Paul Langmack) was given the sack mid-season. Just saying...
  14. Cantabrian35

Rumour Dodd

It apears the Rabbits are on the verge of announcing his signing.
  15. Cantabrian35

Team after the bye

According to the nuffies at Foxsports, one of the Ryan Suttons at the club will be back in round 12. The other one is out for the season. I'm hoping it's the good one that comes back early.