Recent content by Eesma

1. Eesma

Latrell Mitchell confronts Braith Anasta

Anasta on his way out of the restaurant:
  2. Eesma

Opinion Canberra vs Canterbury

It's pretty clear that Sexton is not the player to take up the 7 in our current side. It's not a question of Hutch being more creative. Burton is an instinct player and a running 6. Mahoney is an effort player and, whilst I love it, a bit of a hothead. Neither of them should be asked to...
  3. Eesma

Do we take enough risks in games?

Honestly unbelievable people are still criticising CC for picking Hutch every game, as if they know better. CC has done an unbelievable job to have us where we are right now. Most people had written us off before the season even started. I'm not a fan of Hutch at 7 either (for all the same...
  4. Eesma

NSW ORIGIN 5/8th

Gus, although he says he "has no inside info", stated that Madge will be picking players based on work rate. If there's anything to that, incumbents and existing pairings might not mean all that much.
  5. Eesma

No Source TPJ Rumours seem Legit ..

Can't agree with you there. Our defense is so damn good this year because of attitude. The system is solid but it's the players showing up for each other for 80 minutes that's made it great. It's crucial, in maintaining that mentality, that there aren't players failing to pull their load. It...
  6. Eesma

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

I doubt it has much to do with his talent. I think the biggest issue is that, much like Burton, Sexton's a quiet, heads-up footballer. We need an organiser with a calm head at 7 because Burton has the potential to be the best 6 in the game but he won't get there if he's being forced to steer the...
  7. Eesma

Kiraz likely out

Injury update from Gus stated:
  8. Eesma

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Was never concerned. Tigers have been worrying some good teams, so I wasn't expecting us to blow them off the park, but can't put in 80 minutes. We came out slow after the Bye but part of CC's strategy is for us to win on our fitness, continuing to smother attack at the back end of games when...
  9. Eesma

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

Research has shown headgear provides no protection against concussions.
  10. Eesma

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

People on the Tigpies forum are ALSO saying, "It's Badger, expect a horrible loss." :P
  11. Eesma

Opinion Skelton

Losing good players because they want to go somewhere better is a sign of a failing club. Losing good players because your FG side is too stacked for them to break in a sign of a successful one. We have to get used to losing good players. When your recruitment is on point and your pathways are...
  12. Eesma

Opinion Reed Mahoney

You are VASTLY underestimating Mahoney's contribution to our defense. JMK may miss fewer tackles but only because he doesn't even come close to attempting as many tackles as Mahoney. Mahoney is everywhere and in everything. Dolphins also have the softest draw in the league this year and the...
  13. Eesma

Rumour Sezer

We're going to trade one of our young stars for a half who couldn't cut it with us over a decade ago, then couldn't make it in the NRL, then had to come back to the Tigers and has them 2 from 6 this year? Good sauce.
  14. Eesma

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

I feel for the bloke if this has genuinely caused some level of mental health decline but, honestly, would this be happening if he'd been good enough to lock down a permanent FG spot? >.>
  15. Eesma

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

If (and maybe it's a big if) we maintain our current trajectory, I wouldn't feel crazy expecting 5th-8th. I don't think the current top 8 is indicative of where some of those teams are truly at. Phins, Raiders and Sharks have had especially soft draws to start the year. Manly have been hot and...