Search results

1. D

2024 Round 11 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I just can’t see the chooks winning the comp with Walker and Keary. Both just too small too easy to isolate. Can protect one of them not both. Not sure why Walker isn’t defending on the wing as well.
  2. D

Time for Ciro to be BRAVE !!!

I think we need to sort out our forwards first. Big game tomorrow for knight. I think if he has a good game could force his way in. Curran should start the game at 13 bench should be Mann, Piassa and Knight. That leaves one spot for salmon, Hayward or Morrin. Once that balance has been worked...
  3. D

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 11| Raiders vs Bulldogs

13 on 13 we struggled a bit tonight. I think that is enough justification to make some changes. I think one of Mann, Hayward and Morrin needs to be dropped for a bigger forward . That would be my first move see how that looks. To be fair Canberra came to play and picked a big bench to expose...
  4. D

Karl Oloapu Injury Update

Not sure he played much cup, but he did dominate flegg, was just toying with players. Reminded me a lot of Cody walker how he went really deep into the line doubled pumped and defenders had no idea.
  5. D

Opinion Liam Knight

His contract is up this year and just wondering if we should resign him, personally I would as long as he is willing to take sub 300K. Hasn't been able to crack the NRL side, however has been playing well in reggies. Making monster meters but still has a few errors in his game. He is solid in...
  6. D

Official Supercoach & other comps 2024

Interesting, I am not a hater and think he has been playing well, however the side does look to have a better balance to it this week, with Poassa in.
  7. D

Official Injury updates

Cant see him playing unless we make the finals. 8 weeks would be rd 18/19 and he would need to play at least 3 weeks in reggies to earn his spot back.
  8. D

Rumour Canterbury Bulldogs Chasing Leigh Leopards Forward Tom Amone

If it’s who I’m thinking of wasn’t he with the dragons at one point? If it is always liked him didn’t know why he didn’t get more mins.
  9. D

Rumour Canterbury Bulldogs Chasing Leigh Leopards Forward Tom Amone

Struggled with injury…. Well that fits with our current recruitment stratedgy.
  10. D

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Look to be fair he was with us a long time. I’ll give them a pass this time…
  11. D

Where Our Juniors Sit Outside Backs

Rinakama was very good in our Ball side. Lots of prospects!
  12. D

David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

Guessing they keep Angus now….If I was him I would walk. They treated him like shit when he was struggling trying to ship him off to rugby etc.
  13. D

Sua looks more athletic however Afualo out played him last year and won the JF wing spot off him. Played great too, good under the high ball for someone who doesn’t look super tall.
  14. D

Will be watching Afualo. Damaging ball runner. Will be an indication if we can afford to lose Skelton.
  15. D

Rumour Bulldogs set to Sign Angus Chrighton

If we could have got him for 300k when everyone thought he was cooked would have been worth it . However he will command a premium now. Also not really what we need. Souths most likely. Dragons and tigs already bought premium second rowers. Souths may not have the cap for him though….
  16. D

Anyone know what happened to Lachlan Vale? Was playing great but havnt seen him named anywhere for a few weeks?
  17. D

Good to see Jori Mazzone back as well
  18. D

Was hoping he would only get 2 but he is a bulldog and Schneider was injured.
  19. D

Rumour Bulldogs set to Sign Angus Chrighton

Dude Barret played him like 4 mins in those games, doesn't really count.
  20. D

Have to beat the Raiders

Last years game was a weird one. It was like we had no idea how the NRL wanted us to defend after the hip drop tackle stuff, I remember Horsborough marching 20 m with 3 people on him not knowing what to do. Despite that we got our shit together in the second half and probs should have won.
  21. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Does anyone know what is happening with Sutton and DSF? They are both expected rd 12 which is soon, so you would think they would be running, training, making reserves list for NSW cup etc, however havn't seen anything. Considering the tempo CC wants us to play, both will need at least 3 games...
  22. D

News Next gen: Pathways guns in every position poised for NRL debuts

Agree havnt been able to watch much flegg this year they only seem to show the Fiji games. However what I have seen of Wavik is looks super skilled often in the right position just sorts of picks up grubbers defuses bombs just makes everything look super easy. However he does seem to just Cruze...
  23. D

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

Schneider probs out for a few weeks as well will be interesting what happens…
  24. D

Opinion Skelton

Yesterday probs not the best for comparison. Skelton looked like he had a cast on his leg and still banged out those numbers.
  25. D

I have seen him play a few games in Massey on Booth watch. Been very impressive no nonsense type. Looks to be a good size as well. Looks old can’t believe he can still play flegg.
  26. D

Have to beat the Raiders

Must win game I have a feeling the NRL will give us Sutton for this game….We are about due. Good Friday game was awhile ago now….
  27. D

Your early Origin teams 2024

Problem with Yeo is he just does not seem to form a good combo with teddy. Last year in the first 2 games our centres and wingers caught a cold we could not get the ball out of the middle of the field.
  28. D

Nrl app/website or NSWrl website should have them by now under draw.
  29. D

It’s the final piece of the puzzle, once we get that right I reckon we can beat anyone.
  30. D

Absolutely dominated them in the first half. Unfortunately Kitone who looked ready for another call up will get 2 weeks minimum.Knight, Possa and Hopoi all look good too. Best games I have seen Hopoi play. Really need one of those blokes in the NRL team over Salmon or Hayward. Although Hayward...
  31. D

Refusing to give our blokes hip drop penalties as well. Could have easily been 2 sin bins.
  32. D

David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

Wonder if we sign Gus now? Roosters already have Sitilli till 27, Wong , Butcher and now fafita….
  33. D

2024 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Well done Herbie refs badly did not want to give that penalty. Forced them and had no choice after the turbo joke penalty. Gets straight up after as well.
  34. D

I think keeping Preston on the bench all last week was also a test to see if we can carry a player that won’t play in the middle such as Taafe on the bench.
  35. D

Official Gus on Twitter

At least it’s not a leg injury so he can hopefully still run and stay fit. May be able to debut at end of season still.
  36. D

I think his best position now is probs wing. Gets good meters is still pretty quick. I think after his bad injury and after getting so tall he may not have the best lateral movement. So centre may not be ideal. Love how he chased hard and ko’d himself on the goal post though.
  37. D

Opinion Skelton

It was interesting seeing him playing on the left on the weekend, is that getting him ready to play in case JAC gets selected for origin? Or Maybe they just want to break up the Skelton/Perham combo?
  38. D

Noticed Booth didn't play Massey on the weekend. Hopefully he is still on track.....
  39. D

Kiraz likely out

Man of course as soon as a position may open up Skelton is injured. That guy has the worst luck!
  40. D

Kiraz likely out

If Kiraz is out would be great to see Skelton in first grade. We all Know CC prefers Wilson, however Wilson looked a bit off the pace on the weekend in reggies, looks to be still getting his fitness back from his illness. Skelton time !!!
  41. D

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

The way he is playing Mann may also be a Smokey for QLD.
  42. D

Sam hughes contact with badger

She has actually been in the system a long time. The badgers had a podcast back in 2019 when bloke Bayer was a full time NRL referee and Casey was coming up doing the touch line in reserve grade etc. I think the plan was to bring female referees in when we had 2 proper refs on the field. Going...
  43. D

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Everyone’s missing the point that the tigers senior players in Sezer, Bateman and Klemmer all lost the plot. Continually blowing up at the referee. Worst decision was not sending Sezer for 10. He could have calmed down and got some messages from the coaches. He was still playing knowing he will...
  44. D

News Feeder club cut ties with Bulldogs, aiming to link up with new team

Disappointing, however now we have the licence for the women's competition I guess that will cost a lot and we may need to scale back in other areas.
  45. D

Team after the bye

We cant take this game too lightly. Tigers have a decent forward pack and will be under pressure. This is do or die for them, after a positive start they lose this game and making the 8 looks a bit too hard. However their back 5 is terrible and will be low on confidence after a big loss to the...
  46. D

2024 Round 8 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Will be interesting.. they will pick teddy or Edwards at fullback manj g turbo will be one centre. Between him and Chrichton will be interesting….
  47. D

Tigers backline looks terrible, Very inexperienced. This could get ugly.
  48. D

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Even they have been playing well just not getting the wins. Cody fuzz is going really well. Once we get our full squad back and some players come up from junior reps our Massy side will be pretty stacked.
  49. D

Harrison Edwards to Cowboys

Well I rate him more than McIntyre and Granville. So will be interesting if he makes the 17 next week.
  50. D

Official Injury updates

I liked him at Canberra, maybe there was more to his foot thing. One thing I noticed was when he played last year was he would run straight, upright with minimal footwork and would get smashed. If his foot is better, maybe he can put some footwork on and be more effective.
  51. D

Official Injury updates

Sutton might if he gets back to his Canberra form. DSF is a big body. It might be hard for him to meet Ciraldo requirements for defence coming back from that sort of injury.
  52. D

Official Injury updates

You would think DSF and Sutton would have to play a few games in Reggie’s first. Our Reggie’s side will be ridiculous when that happens.
  53. D

I don’t get it is Guru being ironic? Those are terrible stats!
  54. D

Opinion Desdemort Potentially Zero and 7

Manly was the game to break their duck. Manly had lodge and even Woods playing. Going to be tough now. Knights in a few weeks could be their best chance.
  55. D

Yeah lost by 6. Bit of a shit game, our young 5/8 got sin bined and the knights scored 4 tries while he was off to set up their win after we lead 18-0.
  56. D

How has Brad Arthur not been fired yet?

I still think the order of most likely to get axed is: 1 Demetrio 2 AOB daylight 3 Brad Arthur Demetrio is gone any day. AOB will be lucky to see out the year. Brad A will see out the year and first few games next year at least. It doesn’t help him at that Junior is cooked and only good...
  57. D

Team after the bye

Nah Knight is very close. His defence in Reggie’s has been very good. It’s his errors that are killing him he just didn’t want to say that. He has a reputation for errors and has been pushing offloads leading to errors in Reggie’s. Cuts that out for 3/4 weeks and he will be in the team. Also if...
  58. D

Just found the dogs Mounties game is on the NSWRL app. Was a good entertaining game. Booth made his comeback. Looks a bit out of condition but he had a very good game. Was very hard to tackle. Got a try, got an offload for a line break, should have scored a second try but knocked it on over the...
  59. D

Your early Origin teams 2024

Luai, Teddy and Yeo was a terrible combination, the ball never got to the edges and our strike players. Luai seems to be gone, however I still think Teddy and Yeo don’t work well together. Would be a big call to drop one of them. Other option would be to just play Yeo as an out and out prop or...
  60. D

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

I think the only lock is probably Critta. I think if JAC has a good game against the tigers he might win back his spot. Burton might be a smokey for the 14 spot and Kiraz could be in the mix? Any others? So maybe 1-4. Luckily we should have the depth to cover them This year.
  61. D

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Naa just watched his jumping etc was super exaggerated he was just joking around. They are probs mates from ‘22. He is just dumb and Reed wasn’t paying attention. Def a joke.
  62. D

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

O’Neil has outplayed sexton today. Both been good, but O’Neil very good.
  63. D

Looks like Taafe may play….Possa playing cup?
  64. D

2024 Round 7 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Should have played another year or two of cup, wasn’t dominating cup like he was ball etc. also should have only played as a right side winger or at least on the wing some where. Playing him at centre that long just killed his confidence etc. if Penrith don’t renew him I would pick him up on a...
  65. D

Reserves down to King and Turpin. With Turpin named at 9 in Cup. Have ti assume it means King plays, with maybe Hayward 18th man?
  66. D

I think the draw really hurt the Matt’s side. Didn’t play one of the better sides in the last 3 or four rds, since parra and sharks around rd 4 and 5 or 5 and 6. Got used to thumping weaker sides then had the bye. Hadn’t been in a close game for ages and didn’t handle it the best maybe…
  67. D

Must be some news that King is likely to play. That will probs shift us to being favourites I reckon.
  68. D

Does anyone know why Ravik is listed as playing centre rather than fullback in flegg this weekend? Taye Cochrane playing well or is Ravik getting a rocket?
  69. D

Basically all we can take from that list is Tracy has won the fullback spot. CC doesnt want to drop Taafe, Morrin or Hayward and hasn’t figured out what to do. If king is fit one has to drop out. If King is not fit team could be crazy, we have seen before CC can be crazy with his team selections...
  70. D

News Fa'amanu Browns story

Ability is not his issue, he was good for us when played nrl, was great in cup, even made the Newcastle side despite how good Crossland and Elliot were going. He is a good player, just seems to rub coaches the wrong way.
  71. D

Harrison Edwards on the move?

I rate him more than Morrin. I think the issue is Mann has looked soo good at 13 so would be behind a few players for the 13 role. He would be good for an NRL side with a stronger pack. For us our lack of size hurt the impact he made. Been injured a bit this year but dominates cup. A bit in that...
  72. D

Harrison Edwards on the move?

3 way move? Who do we get, Or is this to free up a top 30/development contract for someone else?
  73. D

I liked the look of Spinks as well. Some really hard/ tough runs. Looks to have gotten a bit bigger. I always get a good vibe from smaller blokes who play above their weight and grow a bit later. Had to learn how to play against monsters then they get big themselves and dominate.
  74. D

Team has been sooo much better since Hayes got fully fit and Vale came into the side. They have really stiffened up our defence. They keep this up one or both may jag a bench NRL spot after rd 11.
  75. D

Team against the knights

Big game this one. Like the titans it’s one we probably should win on form. All good playing well and being brave against top sides but we need to also put the lesser sides away.
  76. D

Huge win from our cup and flegg sides. Lots of players out due to issues with NRL side. For example a few Massey and flegg players elevated to cup today to take in one of the best sides. NRL app and websites all over the llace but Vale with a double and knight played 53 min straight. Knight...
  77. D

Opinion Patolo

Yeah he still looks busted and has looked to be carrying an injury all year. Not sure why he was picked, at least poasa looked good tonight.
  78. D

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

So my guess is Curran will play like king. Will play the full first 40 then whatever is needed in second half. Patolo, Poassa, Hughes will then cycle playing 15 to 20 min each. Turpin there to tackle everything basically.
  79. D

It’s at 6pm on a Friday night in Melbourne there will be like 12 people there.
  80. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Surely Skelton makes the bench. Would be too big a risk not having him with JAC and Tracy under injury clouds.
  81. D

Everyone of the reserves minus Sexton is named in the cup side, so would have to assume everyone pulled up alright and 18th man will be sexton again. Also means Skelton is only back that can come in if there is an issue.
  82. D

He has played wing there last 2 games and gone ok. He is a fringe first grader at wing, NSW cup level fullback and terrible centre.
  83. D

It’s going be very hard to keep them all. Hayward O’Neil, Cassius Tia, Woods, Conti, even Bakarat in Matt’s is playing well. Looks like Hayward is being turned into a 9/lock. Tia could also end up a lock. Would be shit to see one of them leave and kill it. But just the way it is I guess.
  84. D

Official Gus on Twitter

It’s because he can still play if found guilty only difference is fine goes from 1000 to 1500.
  85. D

News Team Tips Round 6-Bulldogs make mass changes

They obviously have not been watching Reggie’s no way Zane comes in. Also Hayward and Poasa were rested so they clearly have the front running. Knight was pretty solid too so he would be in the mix.Hoppoi, Todd and Knight all played around 50 min with Hopoi playing 50 odd straight so fitness...
  86. D

News Seven Bulldogs players injured in win against Roosters, Ciraldo provides update

Max is the hard one. Could possibly play with a fractured wrist. Only thing for it is rest so maybe best to leave it till after the bye. Don’t want him playing busted all year again.
  87. D

Yep BBO only played 20 mins probs because cook was going so well and I was actually think BBO was having his best game of the year.
  88. D

Opinion Skelton

He has a knack of getting suspended at the wrong time. May have played the last 2 weeks if not. Doubt CC would drop xerri though after 1 game. Also Wilson is probs still ahead in the peaking order. He was very good though and suits CCs game plan. Joash Papalii was very good too. May be a chance...
  89. D

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

Gus Said he will play Massey next week. With our injuries wonder if he gets bumped up to cup.
  90. D

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

Was a send off everyday of the week. Made no attempt to get low, also Taafe was still pretty upright and was not slipping. Taafe was knocked out straight away and could not take any further part. Should have got 4-6 weeks. Crazy he will get away with 2.
  91. D

Gus Gould, Cameron Ciraldo and Canterbury Bulldogs coaching conspiracy theories

People forget that Tracy was injured till rd 2. That meant Taafe was always going to get the first 5-10 rds at fb. The only real call CC made was Hutch over sexton and that appears to have been a mistake, Curran has played good minutes in all games despite being on the bench. His rotations and...
  92. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Reminds me a bit of Briton Nikora, runs a god line, slices straight through. When fatigue sets in no one can put a hand on him.
  93. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Gus loves Tracey, if he was picking the team, I think he would be FB by now.
  94. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Mann in for Salmon and that is probably close to our best available forward pack till players get back from injury.
  95. D

News Las Vegas 2025 - Yeah baby !!!

Yeah good don’t need that shit show messing up our preseason.
  96. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Still young, played Ball, then flegg and even some cup last year. Think he may have even made the reserves 18-23 for NRL once. Still not that dominate carrying the ball. Hopefully keeps growing, otherwise will end up another utility. Assume he is already signed.
  97. D

Official Gus on Twitter

Lots of talent right across the park in all grades. Can’t keep them all. It’s going to be a hell of a job making sure we keep the right ones.
  98. D

Official Gus on Twitter

He would be up there with who we need to resign from juniors. My list due to our needs in the middle would be 1. Underhill 2. Seve (brother in Matt’s) 3. Albert Bachin/ olesa tai (Matt’s Props) 4. Alatani 5. Callum Donaldson. 6.Olivia Smith 7. Chinedu Udeh