Bulldogs Team of the Decade - 2015

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So a few of you might remember this.

Now this was the criteria:
  • Players must have played first grade between 2005 – 2014
  • Have played 50 or more first grade games for the Bulldogs - Not necessarily all in the years 2005 – 2014
  • Only players are eligible – not administrators
  • Players must embody the spirit and values of the Bulldogs
The selected side is as follows:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Josh Morris
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. James Graham
9. Michael Ennis
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Aiden Tolman
15. Mark O’Meley
16. Willie Mason
17. Frank Pritchard

Some, can somebody please explain to me, how in the name of sweet merciful eggplant SHIT, does the number 11 player meet this criteria:
So is it within the spirit and values of the Bulldogs that a player takes the midnight express out of Belmore when his team are struggling, and relying on him to get themselves out of the mess they were in? I mean, I was absolutely gobsmacked by this.

Then to make matters worse, in 2020, Nick Politis was shown on TV during a Friday night channel 9 broadcast having dinner with a few people, including Khoder Nasser, and he was on the phone, all business. What was he doing? Working on signing SBW back to the Roosters. THE ROOSTERS. I can't believe that he managed to do that. I'm still stunned by this. He has no shame.

And however nominated him should be ashamed. I for one and disgusted. And I think Gus, as much as I respect him, was one of the individuals who nominated him.

Azoabi7

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who cares, such a long time ago that he left. And such a long time ago that this article was written. Don’t get youself worked up over things like this. Why weren’t you outraged 10 years ago when this team was named.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol at these blokes on the bench, they make the starting 13 everyday of the week!!

15. Mark O’Meley
16. Willie Mason
17. Frank Pritchard

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score

• Have played 50 or more first grade games for the Bulldogs - Not necessarily all in the years 2005 – 2014

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Josh Morris
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. James Graham
9. Michael Ennis
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Aiden Tolman
15. Mark O’Meley
16. Willie Mason
17. Frank Pritchard

Some, can somebody please explain to me, how in the name of sweet merciful eggplant SHIT, does the number 11 player meet this criteria:
So is it within the spirit and values of the Bulldogs that a player takes the midnight express out of Belmore when his team are struggling, and relying on him to get themselves out of the mess they were in? I mean, I was absolutely gobsmacked by this.

Then to make matters worse, in 2020, Nick Politis was shown on TV during a Friday night channel 9 broadcast having dinner with a few people, including Khoder Nasser, and he was on the phone, all business. What was he doing? Working on signing SBW back to the Roosters. THE ROOSTERS. I can't believe that he managed to do that. I'm still stunned by this. He has no shame.

And however nominated him should be ashamed. I for one and disgusted. And I think Gus, as much as I respect him, was one of the individuals who nominated him.
Like you I was gutted when SBW left our club.
The timing that he chose to leave was poor and utterly selfish.
However, I have learnt to live with this.
No SBW or other footballer should have the right to repeat this.
He has tarnished his reputation at his own peril.
Don't let him get under your skin - if you do he wins.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol at these blokes on the bench, they make the starting 13 everyday of the week!!

15. Mark O’Meley
16. Willie Mason
17. Frank Pritchard
All respect to Graham and Asotasi but having them over Ogre and Mason is a disaster

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Josh Morris
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. James Graham
9. Michael Ennis
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Aiden Tolman
15. Mark O’Meley
16. Willie Mason
17. Frank Pritchard

100% The inclusion of $BW and benching Loyal Frank the Tank is absolutely disgraceful !!!
It makes me wanna throw up :rage:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I select this side as follows:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Josh Morris
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Bret Sherwin
8. James Graham
9. Michael Ennis
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Steven Price

14. Aiden Tolman
15. Roy Asotasi
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Willy Mason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move on, the past is the past … the club is heading into a new era, enjoy the journey ..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Who cares, such a long time ago that he left. And such a long time ago that this article was written. Don’t get youself worked up over things like this. Why weren’t you outraged 10 years ago when this team was named.
I was. But I wasn't as active on the Kennel back then.

Wahesh

Reaction score

15. Mark O’Meley
16. Willie Mason
17. Frank Pritchard
100%. Even Frank loved playing for us and hated the thought of leaving. I remember him and Kasiano were the bash brothers back in 2011. Absolute beasts.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is this shit?
This is some weird shit, even for you Wahash

Wahesh

Reaction score
Like you I was gutted when SBW left our club.
The timing that he chose to leave was poor and utterly selfish.
However, I have learnt to live with this.
No SBW or other footballer should have the right to repeat this.
He has tarnished his reputation at his own peril.
Don't let him get under your skin - if you do he wins.
Oh don't worry mate, he's never getting under my skin. I'm still gutted that the club has let him back in (even today to an extent) when everyone else has and did move on. The management really leave me scratching my head at times.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Geeze imagine the team of the decade from 2016-2025. Does Okunbor get a run?
Say what you want about him. I, like many on here, didn't want him back after what happened in 2020, but, he single-handedly redeemed himself in the game against Souths in round 19 that (shortened) year. He saved us from getting the wooden spoon and handed it to the Broncos with his performance in the game (sorry @Kaz).