Hutchinson is a momentum killer

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Hutcho is the number 1 target for oppositions. He struggles to read whether to come in or stay out and he doesn't trust his inside defender. He is attracted to anyone running at him and oppoosition halves know it. He is not quick enough to jam up their receiver either. The raiders with Strange, Weekes and their centres were able to rush up to our attacking players in that last 20 and we didn't know what to do.

(See pictures) It really started in the Storm game where Hughes and Munster set the blueprint to run plays directly towards Hutcho and they know something will happen. There is literally 4 against 4 and he creates the overlap for them. Happens all the time.
View attachment 109607
Then Storms next try - he just stands there and watches Coates pass the ball instead of smashing him into next week. Instead Salmon and him are guarding Blore. We have 5 against 4 here.
View attachment 109608
Penrith did it again last week with the Garner 1st try. This time we have 5 against 4 of their players. He literally creates overlaps for the opposition. We had Luai covered on the inside and at the back.
View attachment 109609

And last night it happened again with the Raiders 3rd and 4th try.
View attachment 109610
View attachment 109611

I'm sure Ben Hunt will be doing the same next week then passing to Su'A for a try. Get on Su'A scoring a double next week. That's the blueprint on how to score tries against us - You are welcome opposition teams.
Hutcho once run at he fixes on that player and is way too slow upstairs and in the legs to alter attention to another runner.
Leaves team exposed both on the outside and inside.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
His short kicking game was good last night but doesnt compensate for other limitations - love to know who is behind the the improvement in Canbera long kicking game.

The dogs beat themselves imho - so many opportunities lost - Preston knock on, jac foot into touch, no support for c tracey when he broke through n losing the ball in tackle, kikau not passing to jac with no one in front of him - as well as the lack of energy/effort/skill in the last 20 minutes when in attacking positions
Mate, all those times you mentioned I'm reliving my 10yo son thinking I'm a mad man yelling profanities at the TV.

The other ones I lost my marbles - Tracey, Kiraz and Kikau knock on's - actually I was just speechless rather than marbleless.

But Whitehead's penalty after review and Kikau's no review but Tapine placed on report. Look how Tapine does even use arms in the tackle - classic shoulder charge and not even a review when he obviosuly got stung in the tackle!
Kikau.jpg

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thank you Big Kahunas - You have illustrated exactly what I wanted to say.

I have been noticing this for weeks now and I can't believe CC hasn't addressed it yet.

After the first time it happened in the game last night I thought to myself - "Please change Hutcho's Defensive position otherwise it will happen again".
They didn't change Hutcho's defensive position and the Raiders put Young through for the match winner - Game, Set, Bingo.

If CC is truly serious, then a major change needs to occur here at our weakest defensive spot.
Whether that's a personnel change or a system change is up to them because they know much more about it all than what I do.

CC said that he will always make a selection based first on defence rather than attack.

If they don't make any change here, then unfortunately that's our season over.

It's over to you CC!!!
Surely Crichton as captain must say something to CC? He can't be happy that his side is getting targeted. It must be a bit different when you have Cleary at Penrith as your inside man rather than Hutcho!