Club statement: Hazem El-Masri

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
zem El Masri will immediately resume his role as an Ambassador for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs after charges relating to assaulting his former wife were dropped today.

El Masri’s duties for the Bulldogs involve delivering important messages around social inclusion, health and wellness and violence prevention to youth across Canterbury, Bankstown, Auburn and Liverpool areas.

“Hazem’s commitment to making a positive difference to the community is well documented and we are pleased that he will continue to work in this area,” said Bulldogs Chief Executive Raelene Castle.

“This has been a very challenging time for Hazem and all involved. The Club has used the learnings gained from its White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation Programme to understand and work through a complex situation.

“We look forward to seeing Hazem continue to proudly represent our Bulldogs in the Community programmes.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's great to see the club backing Hazem again and eating their share of humble pie!!! Welcome back Hazem :cool::grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well two positive announcements from the club...in one day!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'd have to ask the man himself, but at this stage I'd suggest that Kerrod Holland probably wants to play and not coach.

hth
When he can put em over like haz that day at cronulla in the howling wind and is a consistent kicker year after year and over takes haz records then he can have the title as the greatest

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
best goal kicker in history doesnt mean best goal kicking coach tbh.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When he can put em over like haz that day at cronulla in the howling wind and is a consistent kicker year after year and over takes haz records then he can have the title as the greatest
I call that the "S kick" because the balls trajectory was a "s" shape lol

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough call by the club too
I applaud both parties

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I will never forget that day in Newcastle in 2002.

After standing on the hill for 4 hours, I had the perfect angle for THAT kick.

About 5 years ago I bumped into haz on a plane from Sydney to Perth. He was heading over for a women in league match or something or other. I told him that I had to say that the Newcastle kick was the most amazing thing I ever saw. He smiled, said thanks and said that he was humbled that so many people told him that.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You'd have to ask the man himself, but at this stage I'd suggest that Kerrod Holland probably wants to play and not coach.

hth
I give that a 5/7

He DOES have a 100% kicking and winning record though.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I will never forget that day in Newcastle in 2002.

After standing on the hill for 4 hours, I had the perfect angle for THAT kick.

About 5 years ago I bumped into haz on a plane from Sydney to Perth. He was heading over for a women in league match or something or other. I told him that I had to say that the Newcastle kick was the most amazing thing I ever saw. He smiled, said thanks and said that he was humbled that so many people told him that.
Watching it gives me goosebumps, talk about clutch with all the pressure and etc riding on that kick!

Status
Not open for further replies.