Recent content by gbrussell

1. G

kurtis morrin re-signed for 2025

Changed thread title, the words resigned and re-signed are very different.
  2. G

Which club do you hate the most?

i wouldn‘t want that button for more than one team, but certainly for more than one person in the NRL administration.
  3. G

During their 11:year reign from 56 to 66 we (The Berries), did not beat them once as I recall. Their fans were unbearable in that era. It was the two happiest days of my life at that point when we beat them twice in the first year of the 4 tackle rule in 1967. Firstly in the second last round...
  4. G

They were my most hated team in the era of 11Premierships in a row between 56 and 66. Also won about half the comps in reserve and third grade as well during that period. However in this era the Roosters take the most hated crown imho. Not hard to guess what and who that revolves around. I’m...
  5. G

Opinion The 6-agains and Penalties hurt Big Time ..

True. It looked short to me also. He was however in the perfect position that referees are coached to be in if at all possible, that is right in front of the grounding.
  6. G

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

The next Ashes series here in 25/26, will more than likely see different bowling attacks on both sides. England with no Broad and Anderson will have an attack not very experienced in our conditions. Starc and Hazlewood may also find this series is a bridge too far. Our batting might have...
  7. G

Lynchpin, the only point we differ on is the two referees. I understand your thoughts about different interpretations. Even when I finished in 1992 albeit in Park football, the speed of the game was increasing rapidly. Since then the speed of the game has escalated 10 fold. With players pushing...
  8. G

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

The voice of reason. Nailed it. PVL doesn’t get it. Does he.
  9. G

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Latrell doesn’t get booed because he is indigenous. He gets booed because of the grubby things he does in the game. E.G. The elbows to Shaun Johnson and Joey Manu. Think of some of the indigebous players of the past like Larry Corowa, Ricky Walford, Eric Simms, our own Ewan McGrady, Laurie...
  10. G

Wealthy Clubs Will Kill The Game

Salary Cap can work if you remove TPA’s out of the system. However Whilever you Use money as the equaliser, potential for corruption is in play. Hard to detect too. Most of the club caught cheating have been dobbed in by whistleblowers.
  11. G

Thanks Hound Dog. I was a ref from 1970 when I was 16 years of age, until 1992. I reffed in the now defunct Wests Ashfield comp which was split in 2 when the Wests Tigers merger happened, The Bulldogs got half the teams and Balmain got the other half. I also did some Junior reps up to Jersey...
  12. G

2024 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Penalty was sufficient. Not a sin bin. Maybe not the refs fault. We don't know what directive has come down from the corridors of power. I’ll be interested to hear what Annesley has to say in his Monday briefing.
  13. G

2024 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Like many I’ve been saying for years, that Mitchell is a centre. Not mobile enough to be in the correct position when South’s don’t have the ball. They’re paying him fullback money and not getting value for it i reckon he will sook it up big time if Hornby moves him, and Hornby knows that.
  14. G

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Just visited the Spurs forum “The fighting cock”. Most posters want them to lose against City if we beat Man U. Pretty much as we expected.