Search results

1. B

Karl Oloapu Injury Update

Between Karl, Burton, Woods and Oniell you’d hope you’d get a solid spine. 6, 7 and 13 should be achievable with these young kids if they keep their development up and stay injury free. I mean Burton is already there but if the other boys develop as we are hoping or expecting should be a solid...
  2. B

Any NRLW announcements yet?

Should be looking at pangai jnr or even trex. Hopefully they can dominate in that arena.
  3. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 11| PRE GAME | Raiders vs Bulldogs

Barley seen it this year. Not sure why he doesnt hammer it out more. I guess the down town rule or obstructers or what ever they call it doesnt give him enough time to wind up. But its a weapon. Like Fitler said he should be launching one up 3 times a day. Yes the opposition might not drop it...
  4. B

David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

What are the odds his Mrs gets a nice top up. Probably after he signed with the roosters he said I was going to follow my Mrs. Nek minit first 100k women in league :p (I just made the figure up. Not sure what a woman’s contract is) haha.
  5. B

I see it but I cant believe it. Its good to hear to be honest :)
  6. B

Opinion Reed Mahoney

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Been massive this year for us. Especially for not letting us get bullied. We used to be a bunch of pussies in years gone past.
  7. B

Opinion Reed Mahoney

So when we picked up Reed I was very excited. 2 years in how does he compare to the other Hookers that were delt the same time? I think we got the best of the bunch. The cheese has played 30 games with 5 trys and 900 or so tackles at 91% 1829 running meters Reed is at 33 games 5 trys, 1445...
  8. B

"Our game is finished"

The issue isnt Gus's comment, its Gus. His battle with News Corp and their relationship with the game.... Him calling out the head honchos, his challenging of controversial decisions. Also his voice in the game is bigger then any other media personality or club. He has platforms everywhere to...
  9. B

Opinion Canberra vs Canterbury

We are so lucky to get them for a home game at Suncorp on a Friday night. That’s a minor Lotto win for us. imagine going to canberra for a Friday night game. Probably 9-10 degrees :p yeh no thanks. Brisbane is way nicer.
  10. B

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

Like a slight twinge. Like misses next week and is back the following week then selected for origin :p haha
  11. B

Rain will be good to fatigue Clearys Hammys :p I wouldnt mind a late scratching or early twinge :imp:
  12. B

Has anyone else noticed the 3 out of the next 4 teams we play we get them after the bye. And i think its 4 in the next 6 weeks. Crazy to think that you are lined up against the bye teams so often in such a short space of time..... I guess you cant say its not fair but its pretty crazy...
  13. B

When he came to Sydney to meet the Panthers, I was thinking this screams to be a Roosters signing. Like it doesnt seem penrith like, they are a worker team, high energy, high fitness, just make every play count. So I was shocked it was reported he was coming to Sydney to meet with Penrith, I was...
  14. B

Official Gus on Twitter

I was thinking it must be him too. Do we have any other country boys in Cup? But you are right. He is a stand out in that grade too. Maybe comes on the bench for a Hayward or Morris etc?
  15. B

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

Burton has been great the last month. Really standing up and running a lot more when needed. Not sure if its him settling in as a half or if its Hutch taking the direction off him and just simplifying his game, but he has been very good for us, and rightfully deserves to be in the discussion for...
  16. B

You not a fan of Taaffe Morrin and Hayward :p hahaha. Just get Mann on the bench too and its a bench of 6ft and under haha. Probably total weight of around 300kg too :p But respect to our pack, we have been in every game this year. Even losing Poasa in the first 3 seconds, we still hung in...
  17. B

I wonder if he goes there for roosters money :p haha. Roosters would sign him for 300k because he is coming back from injury :p then theyll have 1.1 million cap space when he leaves to be replaced by another gun forward. To be honest one thing panthers dont need is a big price back rower, they...
  18. B

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

Funny thing is there cant be attacks on the game by registered officials. But drunken pr violent journalists are commended for their attacks :p haha
  19. B

Critta will get an intercept try so you'll hit both :p haha
  20. B

Dont ex dogs always have a filed day against us :p hit him for any time try scorer :p
  21. B

This will be our biggest threat of the year. Panthers are very hard to beat and you literally need to smash them for 80 mins. We have a top 4 defence so far this year, but this is our biggest test. There are the Panthers, then the rest, no one is on the same page with them in terms of...
  22. B

Opinion Khaled rajab time!

Was the kid top 30? He was hey? He was one of the 30-34? Smart move by the kid, his opportunities are limited here. So better to get a fresh start, we have recruited so many utilities that he is probably 7th in line for the 1 bench spot. Will be interesting to see if Tracey is back where Taaffe...
  23. B

To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

Alamoti was very lazy in defence. And averillo just didn’t seem like a hard trainer. I might be wrong. But this group of lads seem to dig in when your back is to the wall. And the majority have come from winning cultures. So there is no easy days. You can’t be a champion and have days off...
  24. B

To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

The culture, resilience and spirit Ciraldo is building has always been evident. We lacked and still do class to a certain extent. But the removal of Topine, RFM, alamoti, averillo and I guess to a lesser extent Harrison Edwards. If you don’t buy in and battle every possession you don’t fit in...
  25. B

Resilience

Crittas leadership demands excellence. We haven’t had a voice like his in the team since 2012 Graham. Makes perfect sense why so many players weren’t good enough to make the cut.
  26. B

News Feeder club cut ties with Bulldogs, aiming to link up with new team

Wait. Haven’t they been shithouse for ages? And barely win games? They were talking about them on the radio today. Said even Bennett can’t help them :p haha. Better off to cut the ties. Unless they better our club they are a burden.
  27. B

Fox Sports Lachlan Ilias (more of an opinion than rumour)

I think if he has first crack and 12 rounds to prove himself coming back from injury you’d think it’s good chance to prove himself? Worse case scenario he is back in reserves best case scenario he locks up the 7 jersey for the whole year. I still think he is probably roosters bound. Uncle Nick...
  28. B

I loved on 6 tackles with gus when that dude that always chew his fingers asked gus have you spoken to Lachlan Illias, and gus was like no I havent spoken to Lachlan Illias I have never met him :joycat::joycat::joycat: I loved that haha. No mention if he has sounded out his management team...
  29. B

News NRL probes Gus over spray

Isn't it funny he makes a general comment about the game he is lambasted..... He must be ruffling feathers at the top. Wonder who is butthurt. I think he has made far more damming comments in the past. But yeh I guess they are trying to gag him and the only way possible is fine him. I wonder...
  30. B

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

It might have been this. It was on the radio. He fills in sometimes for breakfast and drive homes.
  31. B

How good is it having people like Gould and James Magnussen in the media to even out the telecrap hate. The missiles commentary on this matter has been legendary. Backed the club so well and as an Olympian isn’t giving the sob story like poor kid like Drunkfield claims. Guy was late. He took...
  32. B

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

I think its a bit Harsh comparing a player with 60 NRL games and saying he isnt better then Juniors. To be completely honest (and not big noting Illias), but he is a NRL starting halfback (which Hutch isnt) he has a win % of about 50% I think sexton has about 7 or 8 W in the NRL. Yes Illias has...
  33. B

That’s what I think too. Too many judge him off this years form. And the whole Souths club has imploded. I think with a better coach and environment he should do well. But like you said short term deal until the kiddies are ready wouldn’t harm us at all. And we do have roster spots open with...
  34. B

To be fair very hard to judge anyone at that club. He has done some great things, like you said defensive efforts are good, long kicking game is good. That team has been self combusting for over 18 months now. Was a bit rich to drop their half and hooker. Especially when the next up were no...
  35. B

Official Junior Grandfinal day

Good on the club to put the player first. Kid is progressing well and he is still eligible to run around for sg next year too?
  36. B

Official Junior Grandfinal day

Woods player of the year. I wonder if he moves up to Flegg now the junior reps are over.
  37. B

Rumour Dodd

Hopefully he is just similar to Flanagan in looks and not game
  38. B

Also don’t forget the fact money was put aside for stadium Australia refurbishment. A place that hosts wallabies, Socceroos, bulldogs, tigers, souths, dragons, origin….. and at the last min roosters get a new stadium and they can the stadium Australia refurbishment. :p And apparently roosters...
  39. B

Harrison Edwards to Cowboys

Apparently he was in Belmore with Gus the other day. Maybe Gus just doing his due diligence? something we don’t need is a back rower or a bench utility. Or actually maybe we do :p haha.
  40. B

So topine is suing for loss of income. 4 million. He is he assuming he would play to atleast 2034 and average 400k a year? :p the guy struggled to get to training let alone be close to anything but a minimum contract player. Maybe offer him 180k and be happy with it. Both parties win.
  41. B

Back 5

Great back 5 in terms of strike power, speed and finishing. Yes we could have a better fullback (Barba for example) but the 2 wingers are both quick, one is a meter eater one has a good read in defence and is a rocket. And our centre are both young and still not close to the top of their game...
  42. B

Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

Sounds like the player they need is show and go hutch.
  43. B

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

Looks like our future is looking ok. Having this kid, Woods, oluapu. Also throw in Burton. One will definitely need to play lock if they are all as good as the hype suggests. Then we have Hutch too :p haha. Went from no halves to an abundance.
  44. B

News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

Probably need to make back some money for all the flights to Vegas :p few more of these 1000 and 1500 dollar fines and should be breaking even :p
  45. B

News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

Has anyone ever been cited for niggling? Why did he get charged? Was it for the push? I dont even know why he got sin binned? was it to even it out? The way I saw it Knights were niggling because they couldnt fathom the loss, running in niggling. Did mahoney get under their skin most likely...
  46. B

Cold sweats? Haha.
  47. B

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

According to numorology we win or finish with the spoon hahah :p Im leaning towards winning will be way more fun 8-)
  48. B

Team after the bye

This. Unless Poasa is fit and back in the mix he may get a bench spot too. But with Mann and Preston back they slot in and I dont think too many disruptions outside of that unless necessary changes.
  49. B

More importantly he scored a try that wouldnt have been scored if show and go hutch was on. Passed it to Tracey then the back up and offload to Critta. Id throw him in. Hutch gets no ball out to the right.
  50. B

Sexton isn’t a week in week out halfback. show and go Hutchinson is also not NRL standards. But I’m not sure if people realise why he is in the team? Burton isn’t a talker. He doesn’t steer us around the park. Doesn’t set up plays or calls for the ball. Hutchinson does this. But his own ball...
  51. B

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

But wait. Isn’t Ciraldo shit and the “assistant” and Gould has no idea? That was the talk after the Parra and sharks games. Hell that was the talk even after our trials :p Or are we trusting the process. Isn’t Gus shit because he doesn’t sign AFB or Haas or JFH or May or anyone else? Or is it...
  52. B

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

They have bigger things at hand.
  53. B

News Hull FC target Canterbury Bulldogs full-back as Richie Myler closes in on first signing

Why isnt he gone yet. Throw in Sutton to sweeten the deal........
  54. B

No Source Trey Mooney

His yardage is ridiculous in Cup. Like 190m a game or something unreal. Yes big step up to NRL. Gus always says what ever the stats are in Cup they are halved in NRL. But young kid so you think he will get better over the next 5 years. Would have to be on par with Spenny at the same age no...
  55. B

That team would push a few teams for a top 8 finish. Epsecially with a firing Korisau. To be fair very few have left and kicked on to a greater height though. We are only seeing the best of Kiks the last few games. Capewell, Staines, Burton never stood up once out of the system.
  56. B

Youd love a Haas, AFB, JFH or a Utoikamanu, but like you said we cant pay 1.3 million for one of them. Especially with no top 5 fullback, halfback or 5/8 in the squad. Cap is all a balancing act. Its what castle struggled with the most, she just couldnt get her head around it. But I have faith...
  57. B

Depends if he can get $850+ elsewhere and only $450k at panthers. Youd love success but you arent in the game long enough to pass up big money. Look at Luai. Wouldnt it be funny if Tigers miss the 8 and it comes down to Madge either selecting him in the last 2 games to trigger his clause haha...
  58. B

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

I think it might be a audition to see what he can create. If he cains it he might get a go in the halves. But thats more wishful thinking then anything :p
  59. B

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

I think Penrtih are smart. Probably have a few younger firebrands coming through. He has only appeared in a handful of games this year. His mins arent great (yes it is the first few rounds of the comp and must be coming off a injury. They locked him up for mega bucks. If he leaves without any...
  60. B

Do the Dolphins have the easiest schedule of the NRL era?

I always liked the idea of 2 different conferences. Because all the block buster games are normally sydney teams vs each other or queensland teams vs each other. But imagine having to play Roosters, Panthers, Cronulla, Parra, Souths twice who are generally fairly strong. Then miss out on some...
  61. B

Do the Dolphins have the easiest schedule of the NRL era?

Will always be unfair until it’s a full home and away draw. Even nba is the same. Will never be an equal comp without playing even team twice.
  62. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Hopefully Critta can settle on 1 position be it left or right. Id have him left even though the Xerri Jac Kikau combo has been good lately. He's played left with Jac, Left with Tracey. Fullback for half a game. Right with Kiraz, and also had to slot in there when Jac got injured in round 1...
  63. B

Harrison Edwards on the move?

I dont actually mind the kid. Great footwork, bit of speed, hard carries. He just needs a bit more to develop. And we look better with Xerri at centre and Kiraz on the Wing. Im sure he will get another chance once he recovers. Im sure our back 5 will have a few changed before the season is out...
  64. B

Opinion Nathan brown

10000% we are 3-4 years away from being a force again unless something catastrophic happens (like bringing in a Des Hasler or something :p haha)
  65. B

Harrison Edwards on the move?

Was one of the kennels favourite wank fest player. Seems to have been taken over by Wilson now :p lol. For a middle he never dominated hit ups, and always passed before the hit. Not a bad player (id rather him then Knight even though stats wise they are pretty similar) but if true and we are...
  66. B

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Critta at the moment does make origin, and its not because of team results, he is obviously hampered. Apparent quad injury for a large part of the preseason, a few times has had a bung ankle or lower leg during games. And I think it was against melbourne tried to chase someone down and he wasnt...
  67. B

Opinion Nathan brown

If we didnt get him 2 years ago when he was actually not too bad no way we get him 3 years later.
  68. B

Cameron Ciraldo

Honestly. I think the way Taaffe plays would suit the 7 a bit better. Especially replacing Hutch. He is a proven first grader more so then sexton. Hutch is a benchie who can cover multiple position but will master none. But I do like taaffe. He has good hands as a ball distributor. Has enough...
  69. B

Cameron Ciraldo

Thanks my man. You are one of a handful of the good ones on here too. Never attacking people and never death riding anyone. Like I always say. If not Gus then who. People want him sacked. But who takes over? If there is a better option willing to take it on I’m all for it, but at the moment...
  70. B

Cameron Ciraldo

The fact that he played Tracey at fullback after naming him on the wing and critta went to centre I respect that. He has our goal line defence as good as most teams in the comp. Dropping hutch for sexton is much muchness. Let’s not forget sexton only had 1 game at the titans last year. People...
  71. B

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

Hey I said it too :p He is the most natural and best fullback we have. Shame he played against the storm. Every one of their kicks was virtually pinpoint. If he played there last week after walker went off he would have made some serious kick return meters. Barley got any space tonight. But...
  72. B

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

Was a bad decision to lot him go. I always rated him just had rotten luck with injuries. Not a top 50 player, but has that mongrel and aggression our pack has lacked since graham, Kasiano and pritchard. Yes he is a lunatic and treads a fine line with suspesnion, but has speed and can dominate...
  73. B

Opinion Skelton

I wonder if game day Tracey and kikau are ruled out if we can bring in a like for like replacement. But it’s a serious smoke screen. To go to that length to cut a player then he plays.
  74. B

How Good..

Imagine Skelator saying give me one more year. I think we can win it. And the Souths board saying nah we good we got demitreiou :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: then they get rid of the clubs highest point scorer and captain…. Few dumb choices have them back where they deserve to be. Bottom...
  75. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

I swear I heard on the radio Tuesday afternoon he was ruled out. But I get why Ciro names the incumbent as a smoke screen. king, Tracey, Mann and I forgot the other one. They also called Hayward would debut. This was hours before team lists named.
  76. B

News 'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP

Sack Gus. Bring in Flanagan or Bennett or any other high price premiership winning coach :p Rebuilding a club with juniors and not 1.2 million dollar marquee signings is silly :p
  77. B

News Gould drops cryptic clue over star forward’s future

Kid plays with heart. Reminds me like a mixture of David Stagg and Greg Eastwood. Easily the best 13 we have and poor bloke is playing more prop then 13 with our lack of big boppers.
  78. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

How bad is it when he stands in the line and throws some shocking passes :p Dummy half is his spot. No need to complicate it :p
  79. B

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

I wouldnt be surprised if the chat is like, hey latrell you are suspended what do you think you need to work on to avoid it happening again. And he is like I need to go to my farm. And they are like yeh sure sounds good, see you next month. Dont forget what day we playing and try to get to the...
  80. B

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Not sure if his suffering mentally or what. But the last 3 games he has been doing his all to get suspended it seems. Stepping on Tedesco, high hit on JAC and then the tackle on the warriors prop and the elbow on SJ. Like one brain snap per year is excusable, in game pressure, trying too hard...
  81. B

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

I’d say panthers get more penalties than us too to “even” out the count. It’s probably not uncommon for us to lose the count 2-9.
  82. B

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

A bit off topic. So apparently we have given away the second most penalties. Does anyone know how many we received? Dom was definitely a send off. The way he ran up with a swinging arm. He was always out to hurt Taaffe. Fair enough the impact was higher than intended. But he wasn’t just trying...
  83. B

News Team Tips Round 6-Bulldogs make mass changes

Xerri would struggle with kicks worse than Taaffe. He doesn’t even like playing wing for that reason. Shame Ciro didn’t throw Tracey to fullback. But I guess he played the whole second half with a calf strain so that wouldn’t have helped. Would love to know Ciraldos thinking with his...
  84. B

This will make you feel better

Yeh, sexton is much muchness. Shame we dont have a game controlling, long kick half. A 32 year old Kimmorley or Ricky Stuart would be perfect right about now. Even a 32 year old James Maloney.
  85. B

Hopefully Hutchinson starts passing the ball when we are 5 out with a 3 on 1 overlap :p haha If the flange was the master of the inside ball this guy is the master of stopping and stepping back into a defender :tongueclosed:
  86. B

Official Finally Truth!

If its the Telegraph its agenda driven.
  87. B

So all the doom and gloom here lately. I know its only a small sample size but I think we are 9th in attack and 10th in defence and sit 13 (with possibly 1-2 more wins could have gone our way with a bounce of the ball or a few better calls/injuries). Yes all this coulda woulda shoulda...
  88. B

Opinion Skelton

Exactly. Anyways any potential flaws in his ”defence” are far outweighed by his ball carries, try’s and try assists. Also Wilson is far from a perfect player. Drops a lot of easy ball, has gone out in potential try shoring situations a few times. Yes Wilson is a kid who plays with heart. But if...
  89. B

Official Gus on Twitter

You can’t sling them to the ground, you can’t use your body weight to drag them down. You can’t hit them high. You can’t hit them low. I just saw a thing on Facebook of the modern dogs of war pack, asotasi, mason, omeley, sonny, Reni etc. smashing the dragons for 80 mins. Most of those tackles...
  90. B

Opinion Injury replacements

Probably our strongest 17. Slot in Preston, Mann, suluka fafita and on paper we aren’t that bad. I’m sure if we ever get our full compliment on the part we will win as many as we lose. Even Sutton is an upgrade on Knight.
  91. B

Other News Source Nelson Asofa-Solomona On The Outer At Melbourne - Reports

I always thought NAS was a monster. Thought he was a 150m 35 tackle prop. But it was Bromwich in his prime playing behind Cronk and smith that was that player not NAS. I guess watching him live compared to what he actually did was vastly different. Quality prop, not sure on his health and...
  92. B

Opinion Our forwards

Would be good with a few more available talent. I know some of the forwards are back around round 10-12 not sure how fit they will be. But we should have enough week in week out not to lose the arm wrestle often. Hopefully Mann isn’t out long. Last thing we need is more middles going down.
  93. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

Hopefully the kennel realises some things after tonight. Burton is the best half we have. We missed his kicking game when he played centre. Roosters got back into the game with sexton and hutchs boot. Also crittas kick offs…… no thank you. Critta’s defence and positional play at fullback isn’t...
  94. B

Opinion Was Taaffe targeted?

Looked like it was personal. But also he seemed agitated after Teddys HIA. Almost like he wanted to take someone’s head off.
  95. B

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Has been the shining light in NSW cup for us this year. Seems way too good for 2nd grade. Big step up for the kid but hope he goes well and gets through the game healthy. A win will be the cherry to top it off. But with a few forwards back in the next 1-2 months we should start seeing some...
  96. B

I think he is bog average. Only seen as a saviour because the current half is a ulitity. Hutch played I think 3-4 games at centre, 9 games off the bench and another 4 as halfback last year. Sexton spent most of the year in reserves until arriving at the dogs. Sexton is better then Hutch but both...
  97. B

News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

One article makes a shit storm. Hopefully the boys use the publicity and play for their coach. But what is a very difficult game gets worse with the injuries.
  98. B

News Las Vegas 2025 - Yeah baby !!!

Apparently all teams that went had a bad 3 rounds after? Not sure don’t follow other teams that closely. But yeh. Apparently their round 2, 3, 4 performances were up and down (I guess much like the rest of the comp).
  99. B

Id have rathered a bigger body hit up type prop but I guess we went the ball playing middle. Fingers crossed he has a big game and no errors. Roosters are a ruthless team, doubt its close if we played like we did against souths with penalties and drop balls.
  100. B

News Canterbury backrower Viliame Kikau says Bulldogs won’t be the club to milk obstruction penalties

Even got pinned for one that was obstructed by the ref and not us :p lol