Search results

1. G

kurtis morrin re-signed for 2025

Changed thread title, the words resigned and re-signed are very different.
  2. G

Which club do you hate the most?

i wouldn‘t want that button for more than one team, but certainly for more than one person in the NRL administration.
  3. G

During their 11:year reign from 56 to 66 we (The Berries), did not beat them once as I recall. Their fans were unbearable in that era. It was the two happiest days of my life at that point when we beat them twice in the first year of the 4 tackle rule in 1967. Firstly in the second last round...
  4. G

They were my most hated team in the era of 11Premierships in a row between 56 and 66. Also won about half the comps in reserve and third grade as well during that period. However in this era the Roosters take the most hated crown imho. Not hard to guess what and who that revolves around. I’m...
  5. G

Opinion The 6-agains and Penalties hurt Big Time ..

True. It looked short to me also. He was however in the perfect position that referees are coached to be in if at all possible, that is right in front of the grounding.
  6. G

Cricket 2023/24 Thread

The next Ashes series here in 25/26, will more than likely see different bowling attacks on both sides. England with no Broad and Anderson will have an attack not very experienced in our conditions. Starc and Hazlewood may also find this series is a bridge too far. Our batting might have...
  7. G

Lynchpin, the only point we differ on is the two referees. I understand your thoughts about different interpretations. Even when I finished in 1992 albeit in Park football, the speed of the game was increasing rapidly. Since then the speed of the game has escalated 10 fold. With players pushing...
  8. G

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

The voice of reason. Nailed it. PVL doesn’t get it. Does he.
  9. G

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Latrell doesn’t get booed because he is indigenous. He gets booed because of the grubby things he does in the game. E.G. The elbows to Shaun Johnson and Joey Manu. Think of some of the indigebous players of the past like Larry Corowa, Ricky Walford, Eric Simms, our own Ewan McGrady, Laurie...
  10. G

Wealthy Clubs Will Kill The Game

Salary Cap can work if you remove TPA’s out of the system. However Whilever you Use money as the equaliser, potential for corruption is in play. Hard to detect too. Most of the club caught cheating have been dobbed in by whistleblowers.
  11. G

Thanks Hound Dog. I was a ref from 1970 when I was 16 years of age, until 1992. I reffed in the now defunct Wests Ashfield comp which was split in 2 when the Wests Tigers merger happened, The Bulldogs got half the teams and Balmain got the other half. I also did some Junior reps up to Jersey...
  12. G

2024 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Penalty was sufficient. Not a sin bin. Maybe not the refs fault. We don't know what directive has come down from the corridors of power. I’ll be interested to hear what Annesley has to say in his Monday briefing.
  13. G

2024 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Like many I’ve been saying for years, that Mitchell is a centre. Not mobile enough to be in the correct position when South’s don’t have the ball. They’re paying him fullback money and not getting value for it i reckon he will sook it up big time if Hornby moves him, and Hornby knows that.
  14. G

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Just visited the Spurs forum “The fighting cock”. Most posters want them to lose against City if we beat Man U. Pretty much as we expected.
  15. G

David Fifita?

He is supposedly getting $825k in the cap. But what extra is he getting from a TPA. My guess is when you add the 2 together he is getting the same money he got from the Titians, or possibly more. Always thought TPA’s are a joke. Not every club has the same acces to high profile backers.
  16. G

Opinion Ciraldo press conference

I reckon in the famous Ennis v Hindmarsh handbags at 20 paces non event, that Ennis was binned for sledging.
  17. G

Opinion Ciraldo press conference

I agree, but how long did Sam Thugday get away with being 3rd man in?
  18. G

David Fifita?

Agree 100%. Lazy drifts in and out of games.
  19. G

David Fifita?

Unfortunately Uncle Nick has assembled a group of high profile business people to provide financial backing other than what he provides. When he passes over the great divide I don’t think much will change. The 3rd party deals will keep coming. Same with the Broncos who have a group called the...
  20. G

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

Wingers are 2 an 5, doesn‘t matter which one is left and the other right. Same with centres 3 and 4, 2nd rowers 11 and 12 and props 8 and 10. Which side they play has no relevance to the number.
  21. G

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

I have been to a number of AFL matches with my wife who loves the game. What I found is that the game is better to watch when at the ground. What you can’t see on TV is the amount of territory players cover when forward of the ball to lead into a space where the ball carrier at the time can...
  22. G

David Fifita?

I tend to agree. A mate of mine plays golf at Parkwood which is alongside the Titans training ground. Players regularly come into the golf club after training. My mate describes him as lazy and aloof.
  23. G

I think you’ll find Alomoti will be marking Xerri.
  24. G

Iconic NRL Teams | The Story of the 2012-14 Bulldogs

Hasler not changing his tactics was a factor too. Dane Nielsen was virtually parked in our backline right where JMOZ and Barba wanted to attack. The short kick was ON all day, and a Plan B (chip kick over the top), was the obvious play and not Utilised. It was a problem because Tony Archer (the...
  25. G

Reffed our last GF win in 2004.
  26. G

You might be thinking of Tim Mander.
  27. G

Mr Bean, Sean Hampstead. He is now one of the regular judiciary members.
  28. G

Sam hughes contact with badger

Been-saying for a while Ronaldo gets away with a lot of stuff. Ramien can also be put in the same boat, although recently he seems to have cooled down a bit since that sin bin at Shark Park last year.
  29. G

Yes Gee is the obvious fit for the top of the table clash in Melbourne.
  30. G

I am thinking Klien or Atkins. Gee reffed the Panthers last week, so it is unlikely he does them 2 weeks in a row.
  31. G

Sam hughes contact with badger

Can we please put an end to this, or I will be very tempted to close the thread.
  32. G

Gerard Sutton SHAFT'S The Bulldogs Again

1. No. The ref who did that game was a straight call it down the middle guy. 2. How he got my silent number is a mystery. The refs committee certainly wouldn’t have given it to anyone.
  33. G

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

3rd man in has always escalated the situation. Once up on a time he was the player the referee and touchies were told to look out for. Action taken against It seems to have gone out the window and has been since little or no action was taken against “Sam Thugday”, who did this regularly but got...
  34. G

I have heard stories too. What bugged me though is. My home number was silent.
  35. G

I received a telephone call one night about 4 days before I was going to referee a knockout semi final in Open age A grade junior league Back in the late 80’s. The caller said he would make it worth my while if a certain team won. I don’t know how he got my home number because it was a silent...
  36. G

Sutton doesn’t respect the Bulldogs. Fairly obvious.
  37. G

Yes. 1970 to 1992.
  38. G

He is one of the options for our Game v Panthers. I just think it wont be Gee unfortunately, because he reffed the Panthers in their previous game.
  39. G

She is definitely not the worst referee in the comp. So far she hasn’t been given a game between 2 teams you could call big contenders, but she has handled the games very well. I watched a few of her games when the under 20’s was televised. She goes ok.
  40. G

Certainly not in a high profile game against the Panthers.
  41. G

Yeah he is, but he did the Panthers on Thursday. It is unlikely he does them against us.
  42. G

Looking at next week‘s draw, the top three matches probably in order would be;- 1. Storm v Sharks 2. Panthers v Bulldogs 3. Dolphins v Sea Eagles As I’ve said before on TK it is rare for any referee to officiate the same team , 2 weeks in a row except when it is finals. Thus you would think...
  43. G

Think time folks Can anyone remember a time when a player in opposition to the Bulldogs was sin binned by Sutton either when he was on field or in the bunker? The last one I can remember was a Manly player in the 2014 semi final at the sfs for punching. Rene Mutual was sin binned for the same...
  44. G

Anyone else in the bunker but good old Gerard Sutton and it would have been a bin. NO DOUBT.
  45. G

News NRL probes Gus over spray

Just another decision maker who's never been involved in the gameal at NRL level prior to getting one of the top posts.
  46. G

News NRL probes Gus over spray

The 7 tackle rule was initially brought in because kickers deliberately kicked the ball dead to negate the kick returns of top fullbacks like Billy Slater. It started with Soward. Gus is right, 7 tackles for a ball dropped over the line or grounding the ball just on the touch in goal line is...
  47. G

I think Wolves or Fulham are the more likely. I agree Bournemouth won’t be easy, I would be happy with 2 nil. Agree on Man U. I’ve been reasonably impressed with Everton’s resilience this year after the FFP points deduction. They deserve to stay up. What‘s hard for me to understand is how...
  48. G

Who do you think is the most likely to take points off City and open the door for us? Fulham seem able to pull a rabbit out of the hat every now and then. We dropped some silly points to them this year. Wolves are hard to score against. I don’t think West Ham have the goods, and as for Spurs...
  49. G

What will Rugby League look in a couple of years from now with more focus on head injuries?

Whileever we have an ARL Commision comprised of people who have never played the game or been involved in club admin at NRL level, who knows what rule changes will be made. No doubt the business people on the ARLC are well meaning, but I have been saying for years the balance is way out. An ex...
  50. G

How do you come back from this?

l arm also glad they changed the rules. Saints between 1956 and 1966 were bloody good. They had depth like you would not believe or could do these days. 11 first grade comps in a row speaks for itself, but during those 11 years they also won at least half the reserve grade and third grade...
  51. G

Kenty may not do nrl360 for a while

Jammer is a big improvement on PK.
  52. G

How do you come back from this?

Those were the unlimited tackle days. In the late 1950’s when I started going to games, teams like Saints could have possession for an entire half or close to it. i would think in the 1930’s they probably could do that too. Rooster beat us 91 to 6 and Saints beat us 87 to 7. Think those scores...
  53. G

After last night‘s win against that lot five miles up the road, it does make wonder what they will do next. Will they prioritise winning the rest of their games including Manchester City and potentially qualify for Champions League, or do they tank it, so as we can’t win the Premier League...
  54. G

Opinion Skelton

I have thought along similar lines. I have suggested earlier he would be a good concussion sub.
  55. G

Incredible Turnaround in Defence

I’ve heard Annesley raise that in his briefings. A fair while ago. If it’s changed I haven’t heard about it.
  56. G

I agree with your comments. Regardless of what they are doing and the monetary reasons, it is impossible to make a draw that is completely fair to all teams. Clubs apparently are allowed to rank in order the teams that they wish to play at home, and thus weaker teams can decide to play teams...
  57. G

The draw can never be completely fair unless every team plays every other team an equal number of times, which at present is impossible. What also isn’t fair is the allocation of Channel 9 Thursday and Friday night games, when teams who play regularly in those time slots get the advantage of...
  58. G

Longevity

G’day mate. Looks like you are a similar age to me, my 21st birthday was in January 1975. I went to my first game in 1958. Thus I have seen the unlimited tackles, 4 tackle and 6 tackle eras. Played my first game in 1962, and reffed my first game in 1970. I‘m not a member anymore and I only...
  59. G

Is there a bigger grub than Taane Milne?

That’s a joke of a decision, with his record.
  60. G

Is there a bigger grub than Taane Milne?

With his disciplinary record, I would expect he gets at least 4 weeks.
  61. G

2024 Round 8 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Either on the bench or 18th man. I suggested someone like Skelton would be a good 18th earlier in the season.
  62. G

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

All your points raised are valid TT. I used to go to the ground with Sports Ears on listening to what the ref was saying. There have been times when a player was penalised for not being square and the ref said, “ That was the 3rd time I could have got you”. As you indicated he had ignored...
  63. G

Undortunately you’re right mate about fans with no footy IQ. Lots of passionate fans who support their team to the hilt, but just don’t get the game. I’ve sat around lots of people who don’t know basic rules, yet yell at a ref who makes a correct decision. Others that just see gun attacking...
  64. G

Both valid points about the coach. Another one is he obviously knows that Ponga and Bradman Best are pretty much the only major attacking threats.
  65. G

While I wouldn’t wish injury on anyone, it was a dumb move to play Ponga. When you have an injury there is a big chance of another injury in another part of your body, because you are trying to protect the original injury. Lisfranc could be season ending, Knights are pretty much gone now.
  66. G

Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

Because the incident we challenged was after the ruling of a knock on, so the challenge was retained,
  67. G

Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

it can also be ruled a knock on if it goes forward into one of your own players.
  68. G

News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

The mistake in all this is with the Newcastle dressing room staff who should have ensured Jack went into the room and stayed there. Whether or not Peter Gough did the right thing in sending them to the bin Is debatable, but leaving a time gap between them going off is the right way to handle it...
  69. G

Reed can be a pest, but that’s ON the field, and I love that he has it in him. So should all dogs supporters tbh. That’s where it should end but dickhead Jack wanted to be a thug after the fact. I can’t remember ever seeing a player have a go in the sheds. Also, wtf did Reed do that was bin...
  70. G

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Canberra now need a halfback. We need a frontrower. Could a swap of Sexton for Mooney be on the cards.
  71. G

What are some memories of your wonder years?

I went to an event at Sydney Uni where he was the guest speaker, in about the mid 80’s. He passed away a couple of years later. Very smart man.
  72. G

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Best has always been on the left. He will be up against Critta.
  73. G

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Not sure what Xerri’s contract situation is, but with the Roosters losing two gun centres at the s of 2024, they could come after Xerri with a big offer, if we are off our game in Administration.
  74. G

Your early Origin teams 2024

I agree, but Walker is not at the same level now. Playing for a bottom team doesn’t help. He gets criticised a lot for going missing when his team is behind, and it is justified
  75. G

When you have too many options it's just as easy to get selections wrong instead of right.
  76. G

Teddy hogs the ball a lot, trying to use his dancing feet in the middle of the ruck,well before the opposing forwards have tired. Need something different at #1.
  77. G

To be honest, I think Cody Walker is performing like a player who has played one season too many.
  78. G

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

That was a good case for a PenaltyTry. I just want to make the point that the referee can either award a Pemalty Try or put the offender in the sin bin, but not both, from the one incident.
  79. G

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

i could go with that bench. And then an outside back on the bench as 18th man. Perhaps Skelton.
  80. G

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

When Gus as coach moved Jason Alchin to fullback in the 88 Premiership side, he did an outstanding job. It was very noticeable however that 2 years later when he moved back to 7, that he was not as effective as he had previously been. He looked to me like he had lost his halfback skills. Taaffe...
  81. G

I don’t mind a versatile back on the bench. I have been suggesting since the start of the season that an outside back as the 18th man could be a good,option. My preference for the bench has always been 2 props, a back rower and a utility back, but with HIA’s becoming very prevalent, where The...
  82. G

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

KP can certainly be exposed in defence.
  83. G

Rumour Souffs to appoint big Mal as coach

Mal is more a man manager. Michael Hagan is his usual assistant but if you’ve had a close look at dressing room vision at half time in Origin games and tests, you will have seen Hagan giving the half time address and Mal hovering in the background. It is clear to me that Hagan is the tactician.
  84. G

Yes.
  85. G

You can bet houses it would have been a penalty if it was Man U playing at Old Rrafford, or Harry Kane playing for Spurs.
  86. G

2024 Round 6 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I have felt for a while that Manu is a better fullback than Tedesco.
  87. G

I finished playing before he played NRL. In all honesty I had limited attacking ability. I could tackle all day. My coach encouraged me to keep doing what I was doing and be there to catch the last pass.
  88. G

It might have been a long time ago now but I scored plenty of tries in my playing days just by being there to back up a break. All it takes is a footy brain to follow the play. A good pass and the fullback is no chance of stopping the 2 on 1.
  89. G

Opinion Skelton

With the number of concussions these days and backs being just as vulnerable to head high tackles as forwards are I see an outside back like Skelton as the "best fit" for 18th man. My favoured bench has always been 2 props, a back rower and a spine utility. This covers most scenarios except...
  90. G

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Thankfully Cameron Smith is not playing any more.
  91. G

Hope we don't fall for Munsters dummy. Very predictable.
  92. G

Sutton doing Knights v Roosters. Based on past appointments history that means it's highly unlikely he will do the Knights next week against the Bulldogs. Yeah.
  93. G

I would be sending plenty of traffic at Reimis Smith. Never been convinced he is a centre. Passing to his winger is not his strength and not a great defender.
  94. G

Not hope, that would be divine intervention.
  95. G

I agree. As he's not listed among the reserves, my understanding is we need permission from the NRL to bring him in if there has to be a late change.
  96. G

I agree. However if our edge defence starts leaking a swap between chriton and Kiraz is probable.