Search results

1. Round Of A-Paws

Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Great spirit but still lacking that attacking spark. Hetherington has been immense. Refereeing has been comical.
  2. Round Of A-Paws

Warren Smith(FOX)

It’s quite obvious Warren struggles to put his impartialness aside whilst commentating Bulldogs matches; he’s always coming out with a subtle, snide remark.
  3. Round Of A-Paws

Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Lewis is improving season-by-season. He isn’t too far off debuting in the first team.
  4. Round Of A-Paws

Opinions on Klemmer coming off the bench?

In this day and age, the bench plays a significant role in determining the outcome of matches. We lacked strike off the bench in the opening rounds, Deano identified this, and having Klemmer rotate at the backend of halves ensures we always have a prop of the highest quality on the field...
  5. Round Of A-Paws

Hollands Bench Role

Holland has been a bright spark in recent outings. I like the role Pay’s placed him in; however, I do believe he should replace Montoya and shift to the centres with Hopoate on the wing.
  6. Round Of A-Paws

Why Michael Maguire cancelled his interview with the Canterbury Bulldogs

I think the majority of us would’ve taken a Premiership and suffered for the next 2-3 years, as opposed to having cracked the Top 8 consistently. That was Hasler’s downfall; he put all his eggs in one basket and didn’t deliver.
  7. Round Of A-Paws

Marcelo Montoya needs to go.

It’s not Montoya’s fault; it’s the fault of Pay. We appear to be short every single time the opposition shifts it to their left, as some of you have said, it’s more of a structural issue than individual. My main gripe with Montoya are his carries; they’re ineffective, and we struggle to gain...
  8. Round Of A-Paws

R2 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Team List & Discussion Thread

Did Keary run Hopoate off the ball on the first try?
  9. Round Of A-Paws

Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

He drops Lee and Holland yet persists with Mbye in the halves and Lichaa at hooker...
  10. Round Of A-Paws

Nathan peats

He's a Lewo boy. Good effort. [emoji1305]
  11. Round Of A-Paws

Reports - "Castle's Undoing Began With Tolman New Contract"

Sounds like she was made to be the scapegoat. There's clearly a fractured relationship between Castle and Dib. Dib, by all reports, has his own interests at heart. There's a lack of transparency and thus a bit of a mess which needs to be cleaned.
  12. Round Of A-Paws

Field Goal tactic

Our players struggle to get a repeat set and you want them taking frequent shots at field goal?
  13. Round Of A-Paws

The josh jackson appreciation thread

My favourite player. Love this bloke.
  14. Round Of A-Paws

The Roosters 2nd try

I still don't understand why it wasn't disallowed.
  15. Round Of A-Paws

Awkward Frawley

Frawley needs to lead this team, not Mbye. That's the problem. Give Frawley complete control.
  16. Round Of A-Paws

Round 10 dogs vs cowboys team lists and game day discussion

Fuckin' pathetic team. Honestly over this bullshit.
  17. Round Of A-Paws

Kieran Foran: Bulldogs have yet to offer a deal

Seems as though the Dogs are waiting on Foran. If he remains in NZ, they'll make a hard play at Cronk for next season.
  18. Round Of A-Paws

Round 9 - Dogs vs Raiders - Team List and Game Discussion thread.

So many dodgy calls which changed momentum, particularly when Rapana took out Morris.
  19. Round Of A-Paws

Josh Reynolds

Some reports suggest he's signed a $3.6 million dollar deal over four years; that's $900k a year!
  20. Round Of A-Paws

Woods to Bulldogs - Channel 7

According to Paul Kent, Woods' signing will be announced during Rep Round. Contrary to what's been rumoured, Kent said that James Graham will be staying with Canterbury-Bankstown after all. Foran also a possibility of shifting to Belmore next season, although it's all speculation at this point.
  21. Round Of A-Paws

Reynolds offers Lichaa support after benching

I feel for Lichaa as well. I think moving forward he can play an important role for us this season. He could start in the hooking role and shift to lock at around the 20th minute mark to make way for Mbye. Injecting Mbye and Kasiano at that point of the match has the potential to be devastating...
  22. Round Of A-Paws

Broncos show Bulldogs how to recruit

I don't understand where he's going to play at the Broncs. You could argue it's illogical requirement.
  23. Round Of A-Paws

El Masri on Sterlo tonight 7:30.

Remember, he became our goal kicker in his 7th year in first grade. Imagine the points total he would've had if he kicked consistently during those years.
  24. Round Of A-Paws

This must be our side on Good Friday!

Who said anything about taking the position away from Reynolds?
  25. Round Of A-Paws

This must be our side on Good Friday!

I'd like to see how Mbye performs next to Frawley.
  26. Round Of A-Paws

Forget Cronk - We have Frawley

750k is a bit much for a utility. Mbye should be groomed as a fullback or hooker.
  27. Round Of A-Paws

Frawley leads Dogs to NRL win over Knights

It's sad Frawley has to come in and play a MOTM performance to convince Des.
  28. Round Of A-Paws

Checchin admits try against Eels(2016) shouldn't have gone to video

What's funny is that we can rule on a forward pass after the match but not during it. Aren't we using the same footage? Hm...
  29. Round Of A-Paws

Aaron Woods

The only logical reason for signing Woods is to lure Teddy to Belmore. Otherwise it's a pointless acquisition.
  30. Round Of A-Paws

James Graham could be out the door for Tigers x 2

The club always comes first. I love Graham, but if we can acquire all those world class players in return, it's a no brainer. Besides, there might be no Salary Cap next year. We should just increase everyone's salary for one season and drop it down to peanuts the following season. We could have...
  31. Round Of A-Paws

Do we get cooper Cronk or Kieran Foran?

Without a doubt, Cronk. I love Foran but at this point in time, I'd opt for Cooper. The jury is still out on Kieran's fitness and mental state.
  32. Round Of A-Paws

Dogs flyer Montoya still pinching himself

Great attitude. He'll go far this kid.
  33. Round Of A-Paws

Case Study - Top 4 chances this year

Bottom 4 (of the 8) is more of a realistic target given Frawley is bestowed a permanent spot in our 13.
  34. Round Of A-Paws

Jack Bird

He's virtually signed with Newcastle.
  35. Round Of A-Paws

Connecting some dots

I don't think Des would've placed his job at risk hoping the Reynolds/Mbye partnership would fire. Des doesn't like to admit he is wrong. He's stubborn. Mbye is a future superstar of the game, just not in the #7 jumper.
  36. Round Of A-Paws

SOS Craig Bellamy

Dymock is primed to be our next coach. He deserves an opportunity.
  37. Round Of A-Paws

Moses Mbye’s playing stats show suitability for fullback allowing Matt Frawley to stay

Abbey's growing. Mbye would be the perfect #14. You could even play him hooker and utilise Liccha as a lock forward and also rotate him with Mbye at stages.
  38. Round Of A-Paws

Mbye at Centre

He's a 1, 6 or 9. Take your pick.
  39. Round Of A-Paws

Michael Lichaa

If he's utilised correctly, he definitely could be. It all depends on our coach for the coming seasons.
  40. Round Of A-Paws

Hasler to extend for 2 years

So much for not being a reactive board. Lol.
  41. Round Of A-Paws

Abbey

Apart from his early mistake on Brisbane's opener, Abbey played brilliantly. He's gaining confidence with each game and didn't allow his head to drop after his early error. Positive signs.
  42. Round Of A-Paws

Who remembers this team logo?

Let's never mention this logo again. Close thread.
  43. Round Of A-Paws

Hasler to name debutant Matt Frawley for clash with Broncos

With even the slightest bit of direction, I think we'll be a completely different team. We just have to play simple. Run hard, tackle hard and kick to corners; really grind this one out. High percentage plays.
  44. Round Of A-Paws

Who's to Blame?

Basic issues by Des haven't been addressed and it's baffling a coach of his level fails to see our shortcomings. We're still playing without a recognised halfback, reverting to playing structures which have shown not to function efficiently, personnel changes only forced through suspensions...
  45. Round Of A-Paws

This must be a turning point

How much more of this are we going to put up with?
  46. Round Of A-Paws

Halfback Moses Mbye discusses his positional future at the Bulldogs.

This basically translates to: I'll be the future hooker at the club.
  47. Round Of A-Paws

Defence

The effort is there and has been throughout the first three rounds. However, we're lacking a bit of polish offensively and a good game manager.
  48. Round Of A-Paws

Sea Eagles v Bulldogs: Schick Preview

The Bulldogs have the best winning percentage in wet weather conditions. It definitely suits us. At least some of the lollipop kicks by Reynolds and Mbye will present some sort of danger albeit to an extreme bare degree.
  49. Round Of A-Paws

Lichaa Wow!

And if it wasn't for the pressure by the board and supporters, Des would still be squandering Lichaa's attacking potential the same way he did with Ennis.
  50. Round Of A-Paws

Round 2 - Dogs Vs Roosters - Team and Discussion Thread

Holland's injury hurt us. They're attacking Jackson and exploiting our makeshift edge.
  51. Round Of A-Paws

Tomorrow's Paper

Tim Simona will have a juicy pineapple on that one.
  52. Round Of A-Paws

Moses Mbye injured.

Reynolds and Mbye are an incompatible halves pairing. It just ain't going to work. One should be our five-eight and the other a utility. Both could always interchange roles depending on opponents or at stages throughout matches. The evidence was crystal yesterday how different we look with a...
  53. Round Of A-Paws

Brad Abbey

I liked what I saw from Holland today. Played well with two try assists to his name and his goalkicking was exceptional.
  54. Round Of A-Paws

Bulldogs v Storm Trial - Team List and Discussion Thread

I'd like to see if we're actually this expansive with our attack. Brett Morris needs more ball because with Josh beside him he ain't seeing it as often as he should.
  55. Round Of A-Paws

Brad Abbey

He didn't do too badly with that try saving tackle.
  56. Round Of A-Paws

Will Jackson be club and state captain?

No brainer, really. Then he'll eventually be the Australian captain.
  57. Round Of A-Paws

James Graham stunned the Bulldogs would try to move on coach Des Hasler

Maybe the real people we should take aim against are the players, then.
  58. Round Of A-Paws

Why haven't Dogs bought a halfback

What are you talking about, Graham is our halfback.
  59. Round Of A-Paws

Turvey resigned

I love Turvey, but he was out of line with his comments given the position he held at the time. Hasler has earned respect throughout his coaching career and didn't receive it in this regard. The entire situation was handled poorly and should've been dealt with accordingly behind closed doors...
  60. Round Of A-Paws

Haslers future will be decided on friday

Dymock's time has finally arrived.
  61. Round Of A-Paws

JOSH JACKSON MISSED OUT?

Strange. NSW's best player wasn't picked...
  62. Round Of A-Paws

What did Noel Cleal actually do?

Time to stick to our roots. We're the family club. Bring in some of the old brigade.
  63. Round Of A-Paws

Ennis Hammers Des

Why don't we just thrust Tolman at hooker? He'll tackle his heart out and hopefully prevent those 5th tackle nothing hitups.
  64. Round Of A-Paws

M'BYE Firming as shock Four Nations selections.

He's one of the leading assist men in the competition, and they want to hook him to play 9?
  65. Round Of A-Paws

Raelene needs to go!

We should appoint two CEOs – Raelene can be in charge of the commercial sector and whoever else can lead the sporting sector.
  66. Round Of A-Paws

Ennis on the Back Page last night

Hit the nail on the head, bulldogfan1.
  67. Round Of A-Paws

Will Hoppa play next Sunday

Could be a blessing in disguise if he doesn't play. B-Moz offers more in terms of an attacking spark.
  68. Round Of A-Paws

Round 26 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Same old. Same old. For the first time, I'm actually becoming disinterested in watching us play.
  69. Round Of A-Paws

An actual indication Foran MAY be signing with the Dogs

He's not 120kgs, so he won't make a good halfback.
  70. Round Of A-Paws

Hazem El Masri Vs Jarrod Crocker

If Crocker kicks like he did today, he won't be breaking any records.
  71. Round Of A-Paws

Hazem El Masri Vs Jarrod Crocker

Don't forget that Hazem failed to kick for goal throughout his first 5 seasons in The NRL as Halligan was still at the club.
  72. Round Of A-Paws

The Last Post

Stay strong, brother. I'll keep you in my prayers. Never lose hope or give up the fight.
  73. Round Of A-Paws

Kasiano Charged

Kasiano will get off. They're just trying to take the pressure off themselves by charging him.
  74. Round Of A-Paws

Round 24 - Dogs vs Broncos - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

I cannot put into words my dislike for Sutton.
  75. Round Of A-Paws

Phil Gould: Are Bulldogs pretenders or contenders?

Would be interesting if Des completely changes everything in the final series. Massive mindfuck.
  76. Round Of A-Paws

Graham charged

Fight it.
  77. Round Of A-Paws

Sadly I don't think we can make the top 4

Destiny was in our hands before this amazing result from the Tigers. Round 25 will decide who finishes in the Top 4.
  78. Round Of A-Paws

Round 21 - Dogs vs Dragons - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Positives out of tonight's match: we were solid defensively, we're back in the Top 4 and I'm still on a perfect round.
  79. Round Of A-Paws

Tim Browne signs with Panthers for 3 years

Best of luck. Great servant for our club.
  80. Round Of A-Paws

Round 20 - Dogs vs Cowboys - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

We are a lot better than we dished out tonight. Ball retention was paramount, as Des said, and we were utterly incompetent in that regard. We had 41% posession and completed at 68%. You're not going to win games with stats like that.
  81. Round Of A-Paws

Round 20 - Dogs vs Cowboys - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

It's one of those games you write-off completely. Forget about it and move on. Too many errors. You can't afford that against Newcastle let alone last season's Premiers. Good wake up call, nonetheless.
  82. Round Of A-Paws

Bulldogs snare Brenko Lee

Rona would be a huge loss, but I doubt we could offer him anything in the vicinity of what The Western Force are. Brenko's a bit raw. Under the tutelage of Des, he could really blossom.
  83. Round Of A-Paws

Latu credits Dogs, Graham for ball skills

He's been a revelation this season. Good man.
  84. Round Of A-Paws

Josh Jackson

The epitome of an Origin player. I hope he is awarded the captaincy.
  85. Round Of A-Paws

Seriously what is up with Graham?

He's saving it for the finals.
  86. Round Of A-Paws

A legend's advice to Kieran Foran: go to Canterbury and play for Des Hasler

Let Kieran get the help he needs. If or when he's ready to comeback, then it'll be the appropriate time to discuss his rugby league future.
  87. Round Of A-Paws

Dogs sign Harry Siejka

I've always liked this kid. Decent backup option.
  88. Round Of A-Paws

Channel 9

Foxsports isn't that great either. Gasnier and Voss were going on and on and on about the Jackson try with the latter bringing up Hazem's try in the 2004 GF, virtually citing it as the biggest blunder in Rugby League history. Out of all people Brandy actually put both of them in their place.
  89. Round Of A-Paws

Kasiano

Kasiano and Williams have been tremendous for us in recent outings. It appears we try to keep it tight in the opening 20 minutes and then explode into life with the injection of the aforementioned.
  90. Round Of A-Paws

How should we change our backline? Who should we sign?

As brilliant as he has been on the wing, Rona has given us another dimension in the centres with his spinning basketball assists. Going forward, I'd like us to continue with this experiment.
  91. Round Of A-Paws

Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

So when a player leaps up for a bomb, fumbles it a few times over an opposition defender and regathers, that in your books is an illegal play?