Search results

1. albatross

Karl Oloapu Injury Update

Great news.
  2. albatross

Do we take enough risks in games?

Ciro's trying to win every game but also trying to improve the team over time to make it sustainable. He's starting with defence and not trying to overcomplicate the other parts of our game. We're playing what's in front of us pretty well and I think were better off playing the percentages and...
  3. albatross

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 11| PRE GAME | Raiders vs Bulldogs

I'm guessing he reads TK. Why else would pick Salmon over Preston other than to wind us up?
  4. albatross

Yeah, when Salmon was 12.
  5. albatross

Your first paragraph sounds right to me. Last weeks form would have beaten Parra in that game IMO. Kikau found big form a couple of weeks later (and ever since), Critta's found his feet beautifully, Tracey, Xerri and Mann have really improved us, Burton is daylight ahead of that game, and...
  6. albatross

Playing at Suncorp instead of Canberra is a big plus for us. Finishing somewhere 5th to 8th starts to look possible if we win this one. With Turbo gone I can't see Critta not playing centre for NSW. Best seems like the new golden child, but Critta should get the other spot.
  7. albatross

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

Nice win against Panthers in Flegg today.
  8. albatross

Great call jake. Penrith have the best defence in the comp. They got momentum a few times but we always re-grouped, never let them get away and even wrestled it back a bit towards the end. We lost, but didn't go backwards.
  9. albatross

Opinion Canberra vs Canterbury

Definitely. With smaller forwards it's just part of the game-plan to disrupt the other teams attack at all costs, even if we fall off more tackles. Great if we improve our effective tackle %, but if anything the scramble is part of a strength and far from a major problem. Ball control and...
  10. albatross

Who would've thought with all the utilities we bought! Great effort from him and Ciraldo to keep backing him.
  11. albatross

Why is Nathan doing all the talking? No excuses tonight. We have close to our best team, especially if Preston and Tracey play. We've had a good run up to the game, with a bye to freshen up and 2 points against Wests, even though we underperformed in that game (we can't possibly have any...
  12. albatross

To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

We don't need to compare Ciro and Webster. We tried Barrett remember! Webster's a good coach, but he'll have to work out some different options. Other teams are targeting Johnson in defence, he's making near 20 tackles a game and missing heaps as well. For someone who's never liked defence...
  13. albatross

‘Small ball’ and a rugby league revolution: Are the Bulldogs back?

Recruiting smaller utility forwards for mobility is one thing, but making it happen on the field is another. Ciraldo had to design a game plan around those players, but the buy-in from the players is the key. It's a genuine transformation with quality recruitment, coaching and player effort all...
  14. albatross

David Fifita?

Cleary would make him look like a superstar. He's mad if he doesn't go there.
  15. albatross

So are Mahoney and Hughes both going to be unavailable this week? Desserts
  16. albatross

Kiraz likely out

I don’t think Tracey will move. Ciro’s showing a lot of love for him at FB. I think the drop in intensity in the first half against the Tigers had a lot to do with Tracey not being there.
  17. albatross

Kiraz likely out

Wilson did look under-done in cup last week. Didn't shirk his work and was safe, but had no zip. He's defended well in the system though so I'd say he's in now with that game under his belt. Hope I'm wrong in a way though, cause if Skelton got a go though and handled the defensive side, he'd...
  18. albatross

If we stay in it for 60 mins we’re fit enough to win. We need another big body in the 17 for this one.
  19. albatross

Sam hughes contact with badger

To be fair, there would be some blokes who are piling on because she's a woman, but any objective assessment is that she (or he, or whoever was ref) just had a bad game. We know Klemmer for example treats male refs the same way, or worse, when he loses it, so surely no problem there unless he...
  20. albatross

Opinion Reed Mahoney

Exactly. The broadcasters showed an angle that only showed Reed, but he was just one of many who rushed in and was definitely not 3rd man.
  21. albatross

Sam hughes contact with badger

Sutton dudded Badger by not saying to bin Sezer for classic hip drop. He should be dropped for a month for that changer.
  22. albatross

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

I bet at some time during the drink, there'll be some analysis.
  23. albatross

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Tradesman like in the 2nd half. Our attack was pretty boring in the first half but we've got to learn how to win in different situations. Tigers came to play so it was a good lead up to Penrith.
  24. albatross

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Can't see Preston coming off the bench. Surely his general fitness is fine and if he's still injured he shouldn't be playing at all. I'm surprised to see Wilson still in the reserves. Hope another outside back isn't doubtful. I'll be interested in how Mann goes starting cause he's been great...
  25. albatross

In defence and under the high ball Tracey is way better than Taaffe. We don't lose a lot in attack. Tracey is safer and more relentless, but Taaffe's can spark big moments for us. I much prefer Tracey like most, but it's good to have a decent back up. Api's loss is massive for them. I've been...
  26. albatross

News NRL probes Gus over spray

Is there a go fund me to help keep Gus off the streets? Hope he’s ok for a feed.
  27. albatross

Hearing Kikau say in the pre game interview that he's the fittest he's ever been, was like music to my ears. Hutcho said his job was just to feed the ball to the backs, so lets hope he does a lot more of it.
  28. albatross

We haven’t had any big problems handling other teams stars this year. The Tigers can be dangerous on their day, but our game plans have been very good and I expect the same this week.
  29. albatross

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

That, plus he picked a side early and is sticking to it.
  30. albatross

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

I don't think they've seen us. They talk about our supposed limitations in attack, and whinge about Benji's focus on defence without knowing our improvement is 100% on the back of defence. Watch and learn Tigers fans.
  31. albatross

Opinion Skelton

Very true. Skelton's still a player I'd like to keep if we can afford him. I doubt we can though if he's playing wing in NSW Cup and making 200m a game. Unless he can gets a bit of time in the backrow and can handle the defence, he'll be picked up as a back by another team, or rugby. I'd have...
  32. albatross

which site? sportsbet was $23 yesterday when I checked.
  33. albatross

I saw we've come in from $61 to $23 to make the top 4! Every result went our way this round and we went from 12th to 8th after beating the bye. Given the bye is usually a tougher test than the Tigers, we look good to keep climbing the ladder next week.
  34. albatross

Official Gus on Twitter

Not hard to read between the lines there. It's just a matter of when, if he holds form and stays fit. Hopefully the way Hayward's handled the step up's given Ciro more confidence to try young blokes. O'neill looks confident and determined like Hayward.
  35. albatross

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

They've also got Latrell as their spiritual leader, who always puts in at least 40% effort, sometimes even 50! Pity we have to put up with Crichton only putting in a lousy 110.
  36. albatross

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Ilias wouldn’t improve us. He’s just more of the same.
  37. albatross

Back 5

Turvey/Baa, Polla-Mounter/Baa, and Shifty/Braith, were all way ahead of Hutch/Burto. Those other backlines were great but if we get a half who can really unlock them, this lot will be better IMO. Burto is starting to find something but we're short of a half to see how good they can really be...
  38. albatross

Incredible Turnaround in Defence

The defensive turn-around is even more outstanding with our thin set of front rowers. Whether it's a lack of experience, or size, or a decent track record, they came into the season as one of the weakest front rows, but are lifting and playing way above themselves. Kikau leading the kick-chase...
  39. albatross

Opinion Reed Mahoney

Reed does plenty of disturbing the opponents attack, even if he drops off of some tackles because he's small. He's doing a ton of work and his defence is among the least of his, or our, problems. His little sideways darts from DH where he gets caught are getting stale (like Hutch dying on he...
  40. albatross

News Joash Papalii focused on making NRL debut

Makes up for speed with evasiveness. He looks like he's got a few different positions in him.
  41. albatross

RIP Terry Hill!

Great player. Very sad loss and thoughts to his loved ones.
  42. albatross

News 'Couldn't have asked for more': Stephen Crichton lauded after 'outstanding' captaincy move

It's hard to apportion credit to this or that for our big improvement, but Crichton as leader has been much better. He's grown into it in 2 months, with plenty of support from Kikau, Mann and a few others.. The other players never see him not going hard as, and I love watching him. Meanwhile...
  43. albatross

News “I held a resentment against Souths for years”: Maitua reveals messy Bunnies call which led to Bulldogs’ contract

Forget it Reni. You found a home and some great mates for life and helped win us a GF. You played with some other teams but you're a Bulldog mate.
  44. albatross

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Sounds to me like the people advising him are thinking of themselves and not Jackson. He came to a fork in the road where he could have cried like a baby or sucked it up like an adult. Good advice was all he needed! Even if he gets money it’s a very bad choice to chase victimhood like that...
  45. albatross

Team after the bye

I like your optimism and hope you're right.
  46. albatross

Team after the bye

I saw Knight interviewed after NSW Cup on the weekend and he was asked what was keeping him out of FG. He was pretty honest and said his defensive movements are costing him. I doubt he can deliver in Ciro's system and is a 3rd stringer now even with our lack of props. Morrin's now our No. 3...
  47. albatross

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

He was the same last week. Even with a needle he was flat out being 75%. Not a very smart way to manage a $million plus player. Cronk in a GF I get, but that was plain dumb. Almost as if the coach was thinking more about himself, or got really bad medical advice.
  48. albatross

I noticed Kikau and salmon defending closer in on the weekend. Our players also did a great job finding their front when tackled and getting quick play the balls, while getting Knights onto their backs. Our kick-chase is as good as anyone’s, and the backs are taking a greater share of the...
  49. albatross

Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

Rightly or wrongly the bunker is making a distinction between a ‘tap-on’ that goes forward and a ‘catch-and-pass’ that goes forward. Apparently their eyes only work in one of those scenarios, and even then, only in Bulldogs games.
  50. albatross

Would be good mates with Elliott. He likes pot plants.
  51. albatross

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

We don't die in the arse when things go wrong anymore.
  52. albatross

Gus said it was some sort of pneumonia.
  53. albatross

I feel your pain but Sexton's not the answer. Hopefully one of the young blokes is special enough to be fast-tracked, or Taaffe gets some time there and surprises us!
  54. albatross

Opinion Lets hope Taaffe comes on to replace Hutcho against the Knights

You've been watching Gus. The way Ciraldo's been talking up Taaffe, I can't see him dropping out for King, although that's what I'd do. I'd say Ciro leaves out Hayward or Patolo.
  55. albatross

Fox

Agree he’s not a yardage winger, but his post contact meters have improved a lot since he started only eating meat!!
  56. albatross

What's Max King doing in the reserves? I wonder if he's a genuine possibility.
  57. albatross

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

F..k me. Remember when NAS and Kaufusi were dropping elbows from 3 feet and not getting charged? It was only a few years ago.
  58. albatross

Hayward - What's Ciraldo's plan here?

There's always been a narrative on TK that halves have to be top tier defenders.
  59. albatross

Fox drops 7 bras in 30 seconds

Solomon Haumono preferred the British Love Machine to the Bulldogs back in the day.
  60. albatross

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Xerri will be the best value-for-money centre in the comp this year. Good one Gus.
  61. albatross

Perception By Other Fans

True, but if the Titans game is anything to go by we should be ok. The Storm loss should have us hungry, especially with the with chance to go into the bye on a high. The alternative (two weeks to think about a home loss to Newcastle), would be torture.
  62. albatross

Surprisingly our front row has held up really well, our backrow is a weapon, and injuries and rotations in the outside backs hasn't bothered us with our great depth. Even Burto is showing glimpses and starting to combine with the outside quality (his kicks are still a lottery). Still need more...
  63. albatross

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

I'd go Hayward at half. Showed he belongs in FG tonight, gives 100%, and hasn't forgotten how to play half. Maybe give Taaffe a go in NSW Cup first, but not straight into FG. Otherwise keep Hayward at 14 till Mann gets back and try Sexton at half. At least he knows how to give early ball.
  64. albatross

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

Yep. Just cause Taaffe was improving doesn't put him close to Tracey.
  65. albatross

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

It's an odd swap but I reckon Turpin will bring more than Knight would have.
  66. albatross

Opinion Skelton

I think when Gus labels someone ‘a project’, he means they are gonna take a while. He’s not as impatient as some of us to see Skelton in 1st grade, but still reckons he’ll get there. I just hope it’s with us!
  67. albatross

News 'Start fast and get big metres': Kikau ready to fire against Storm

Agree he does a pretty good job of tightening up the middle and doesn’t shirk the hard work.
  68. albatross

What's the bet NAS comes in for them. It's gonna take a superhuman effort to get the this one now King's out.
  69. albatross

Josh Schuster to the Bulldogs

Move it to guess's, or dreams, or better still, nightmares.
  70. albatross

We've got a decent enough team this week if they all end up playing. I had a chuckle when I saw Xerri'e sponsor on our website.
  71. albatross

Opinion Skelton

Would be good to see Skelton get a few games in the forwards in NSW Cup to see if he can be a genuine bench utility option for NRL. He can run like a good lock or edge forward but can he defend there?
  72. albatross

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

They are winnable for sure. We've got some guts this year, even if we can't do it for 80 yet. Let's see if our depth can step up and show the same guts. We should be fine in the backs at least. Mann's been our most important player IMO and will be hard to replace.
  73. albatross

This will make you feel better

He's like a crying Confucius wannabe.
  74. albatross

Rd 5 vs Roosters 3-2-1

Kikau 3 King 2 Burto 1
  75. albatross

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

We got plenty of breaks and only just won against 12 men, so it was shit from that point of view. But we had one terrible 20 minute period (like every other game - usually the one before half time) and banked 2 points against a team no one expected us to beat. We tried some new combinations and...
  76. albatross

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

A fit King makes a big difference. Patolo stood his ground well and so has Hughes. Mann's a mini wrecking ball tonight. Is JWH playing?
  77. albatross

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Mann's like a ball playing McCinnes.
  78. albatross

Bulldogs Commit to Three More Years of Tackling Sports Betting Advertising

Trying to find the balance between freedom of choice and addiction is hard. Addiction is a choice too, at least to start off with. I'd love to see people not gamble their life away, but even opening a small business is a gamble. Plenty of things are, and it's part of being free.
  79. albatross

Sutton Appointed again to bulldogs vs Rabbitohs game.

I thought Ryan Sutton was back when I glanced at the thread title. Ended up to be the lesser of two evils. Whether he picks on us or not, Gerard is a shit ref, but Ryan is a shitter prop.
  80. albatross

Official Bulldogs to enter NRLW in 2025

Great to see us in the NRLW. I don't mind watching it. The quality is getting better and it's usually decent open footy. Much better than Union or AFL if there's no NRL on. The product needs to pay for itself but I reckon it will and is worth investing in, even if it's not for everyone.
  81. albatross

Kurt Mann is so underrated

Pound for pound, he's one of the best one on one defenders in the comp. I've seen him drive bigger blokes plenty of times. His work-rate and ball play is getting better all the time.
  82. albatross

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

We can improve on that, but we're never going to be right up there. We won't get too many PCMs out of our props for starters, and we haven't got those strong barging wingers like other teams. We need to lift in other areas, like our kick chase, which was great on the weekend. Also the high...
  83. albatross

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

The best thing about the game was the way our forwards stood up against their bigger pack. The quality and work rate's of Mann and Curran is helping to balance the lack of size in the middle, and King and Mahoney are toiling great. But lets face it, the Titan's are a team out of form and they...
  84. albatross

Rd 3 vs Titans 3-2-1

3. Kiraz 2. Kikau 1. Curran Max king not far off. Great performance doing the hard stuff in the middle.
  85. albatross

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

I'd say Curran doesn't start at lock because we need him for the front row rotation unfortunately. Ciro seems to rate Salmon but the main reason is surely our weak front row ATM. I'd love to start him at lock too if we had the luxury of a couple more decent front rowers. He's a bit different to...
  86. albatross

My favourite player as a kid after Garry Dowling left.
  87. albatross

He does a lot of nothing usually.
  88. albatross

Opinion Max & Sam - Why no1,2 Punch, CC?

Curran with big PCMs and only 1 offload is a lost opportunity. Needs more support. Hughes made a tackle a minute so he's working hard while he's out there. We only need 40 odd mins out of him, so he should get up around that soon.
  89. albatross

News CODE NRL Salary Cap Analysis

instead of the 4 hopefully.
  90. albatross

News Weighed down by the responsibility’: Matty calls for Bulldogs’ Burton shake-up

He can run at centre. Yes we need halves who can run and create doubt, but if they can't organise at all, it's pointless having them there.
  91. albatross

News Weighed down by the responsibility’: Matty calls for Bulldogs’ Burton shake-up

We don't need a running 5/8 right now. We need 2 halves who can unlock the outside backs and bring the edge backrowers into the game. We don't have that, but we've got to try something different soon. I wonder what Burto shows at training that he can't do on the field?
  92. albatross

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

I've never seen someone wait for bombs with their arms so stiff. It's not natural. He's got no timing or confidence. Its a no-brainer for Tracey to come in.
  93. albatross

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Couple of nice touches by Edwards too so far.
  94. albatross

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

He was a depth signing for them, not the next big thing!
  95. albatross

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Any young player with a healing ACL would surely want to give back big time to a club that gave him a go! Hope he's got the fitness and ability to back it, but motivation shouldn't be a problem.
  96. albatross

News Bulldogs scout American talent ahead of Vegas season opener

Yeah I agree he was probably there sus out possible corporate partnerships or opportunities for future, just not to scout unknown players.
  97. albatross

News Bulldogs scout American talent ahead of Vegas season opener

Sounds like a bullshit beat-up to me. Surely we aren't sending Warburton and a Director out now to recruit players.
  98. albatross

Your Round 1 Team?

I wouldn't be surprised if Turpin got the 14. Mahoney needs a rest during games and we don't need a part time dummy half like Mann or Hayward filling in. Recovering from a broken finger and playing no trials might have affect things, but Mahoney isn't a 80 minute player at the moment and...