Rate these engines in order of superiority

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kia have a big electric thing for sale now I think called an EV9 i saw it promoted during a racing carnival.
Is it as big as a Landcruiser not sure but its surely noticably bigger than midsized from what I saw and also aren't these things with lots of batteries heavy as??
They stated it hits 0-100 in under 4 seconds htf are these things so rapid? This electric bucket of bolts would hose my ute and post thrashing I would need counselling at least, maybe a noose ... :tearsofjoy:
The EV9 won a few Car of the Year awards, but the Car of the Year awards are a bit of a scam.

That said, Kia/Hyundai are highly rated by many, except for the whole exploding engine thing. But that was US built models and the US car manufactures have the worst quality control in the world.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The EV9 won a few Car of the Year awards, but the Car of the Year awards are a bit of a scam.

That said, Kia/Hyundai are highly rated by many, except for the whole exploding engine thing. But that was US built models and the US car manufactures have the worst quality control in the world.
Yeh I didn't search the car online at all Hacky but it looked a pretty big unit and i assume is 4WD(another X for me i'm anti these types of vehicles too haha)
As you mentioned they have held a good rep for quite a while now Kia.
I also have not a clue as to pricing for e.v's(or new cars generally)just the general chatter saying that the former can be pretty expensive.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
IMHO Honda (who manufacture more engines than any one) and BMW make the best engines, they consistently win the engine awards year after year.

2023 ICE = BMW M2 – 3.0L turbocharged six-cylinder
2023 Hybrid = Honda Accord Two-Motor Hybrid Electric System

Always a Bulldog

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those VN 3.8 V6 came out with high aclaim quick off the mark for a family sedan but became breathless near 100 120 klm mark and many didnt last past the 100,000klms mark.
True but when holden changed the Buick heads and inlet to their own design the Ecotec was born and we got power of 150kw which was good for a stocker 6

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, pretty wide. Good leg room, good head room. Just that the driver seat doesn't feel comfortable for someone 6'3", and the passenger seat is oddly raised. It still has head room but it feels like one bump and you'll go through the roof.
Yeah if the squab seat base is not long enough you have numb legs in 20 mins and have found this with quite a few vehicles.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of such, this is pretty entertaining

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of such, this is pretty entertaining

I stopped watching after that fake engine noise bullshit.

But just want to know have they raced them using real drivers, that one in the porsche looks dopey AF

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I stopped watching after that fake engine noise bullshit.

But just want to know have they raced them using real drivers, that one in the porsche looks dopey AF
They did several runs to make sure it was fair. The Ferrari and Lambo eventually won on the stretch. But they're both at least $1 mil more than the Hyundai. The Hyundai beat them all in the first 20, but that makes sense 'cause you can't beat electric for pure low range torque.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They did several runs to make sure it was fair. The Ferrari and Lambo eventually won on the stretch. But they're both at least $1 mil more than the Hyundai. The Hyundai beat them all in the first 20, but that makes sense 'cause you can't beat electric for pure low range torque.
I guess each to their own but I love the sound of a lumpy, grumpy V8. Even if they had the power of a 4 cylinder I'd still own one.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jap and Euro Jdms everyday-
Evo 9
R32/35
RS4 - v8 turbo

then of course the Rotary engines - an rx3 paired with a 13b Bridgeport ( can’t beat the barp barp) or a Fd Rx7 with a 13b extend port turbo !!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Jap and Euro Jdms everyday-
Evo 9
R32/35
RS4 - v8 turbo

then of course the Rotary engines - an rx3 paired with a 13b Bridgeport ( can’t beat the barp barp) or a Fd Rx7 with a 13b extend port turbo !!
Always loved EVO's

But my favourite Jap car has to be the R35 Nismo GTR

It's my current dream car.

Screenshot_20240505_204830_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_204853_Gallery.jpg

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a big part of driving. Electric vehicles completely dominate for performance, but they're just not as fun.
electric cars get away the first two pulls and then fade away as the battery drops.. petrol cars are consistent with a full tank or an empty tank. have way more character and more fun to drive.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a big part of driving. Electric vehicles completely dominate for performance, but they're just not as fun.
Depends on one's definition of "performance", if it's drag racing then EV's have always been good at that. My definition of performance goes much further than that.

Always a Bulldog