Recent content by Alan79

1. Alan79

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

I'm really hopeful that f/a has no bearing on whether we reach the finals. Ideally the logjam for the 6th, 7th & 8th position are a few wins behind us. If you have to rely on teams (a) & (b) to win, but (a) has to win by less than 12 and (b) can't win by more than 4 points, you probably don't...
  2. Alan79

Let's put parra in the bin

We've got a decent turnaround for this one. We don't play until Monday which will give Burton and Crichton time to recover. They'd play on a 5 day turnaround for us. Depends how beat up they get on Wednesday. I think at this stage of the season we need to start icing more games vs teams you'd...
  3. Alan79

Let's put parra in the bin

I've got a feeling we'll win this one easily. First time I've felt that way all year. I just watched enough of the Parra game this week to think the ref was carrying them vs the sharks. Unless they get a tonne of leg ups against us I think they'll run out of juice early.
  4. Alan79

News Fox out with hamstring tear

As much as Fox is an elite winger, we've got the quality to cover him without losing much. The debate about whether it's Skelton or Wilson deserving of the vacated wing is great. Last few years this would've made our fans suffer a big bout of depression.
  5. Alan79

Kiraz for Fullback

Kiraz has been one of the happiest surprises of the last few seasons. I don't follow enough of the lower grades to know a lot about the players coming through since about 2010. So Kiraz was a bit of a 'meh' signing IMO until I'd seen him play a couple of games. I quickly became a fan. I really...
  6. Alan79

Team vs eels

Assuming they backup after origin. Burton and Crichton walk back in. Wilson or Skelton in if Fox is out. I'm a Wilson fan. But he looked flat compared to usual tonight. Might be the lingering effects of his recent pneumonia. Sexton holds the 7 for mine. Not sure if Hutch goes to bench or...
  7. Alan79

Lipoi Hopoi

Nice to see Hopoi have a great debut. I'd heard plenty of raps on him. But really didn't have expectations about him. The future is looking bright now though. We've recruited well for the interim and it seems like the last 5 or so years worth of pathways expansion is just starting to pay...
  8. Alan79

Fitness

If we have lazy players on our books, they haven't been anywhere near the NRL this year. Hopefully we can maintain it all year.
  9. Alan79

Cam Ciraldo

I was worried when we signed him. There wasn't much on the coaching market. But another rookie coach wasn't exciting to me. The 2023 season had me worried. Inspite of our injuries, the defensive capitulation we regularly saw looked like it'd take a long time to turn around. Was feeling a bit...
  10. Alan79

Toby Sexton has started at Halfback in 9 games for us...

Nope he missed a couple of conversions tonight. Simply unacceptable. Send him off to play bush football.
  11. Alan79

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Rd 13 | vs. Knights | Friday 8pm @ Newy

Haha. I've watched the post game the last couple of weeks for the first time in forever.
  12. Alan79

What would SBW know about turning up for his brothers. I'd take his advice about rucking off in the middle of the night to abandon them.
  13. Alan79

I think their might've been three occasions when the refs gifted them three successive sets in our territory and we never looked troubled defensively. Impressive as There's going to be people saying the knights played poorly. But to a huge extent I think it's our defence. There's been plenty...
  14. Alan79

Incredible just to be winning after the last era of being easy beats. Nice to hear that from an opposition fan Innovator.
  15. Alan79

There's something nice about seeing the opposition fans leaving with 12 minutes to go.