Recent content by Chris Harding

1. Chris Harding

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

We'd only need to sign a big unit for a couple of years, until the juniors are ready for the top grade. We are not going to pay big money for top players who would want longer contracts. That would only see our young players go elsewhere for a chance at the big time. Ironically, our recent...
  2. Chris Harding

Best win in 10 years

I missed it, sadly, but the 60 point win against the Roosters many years back, when we were cellar dwellers, would be right up there, too.
  3. Chris Harding

Kiraz for Fullback

We need Kiraz up in the line, where his strength in defence and attack can be used more often. He wants the ball, so let's give it to him. At fullback, he would be safe under high kicks, and can run the ball back hard, but I prefer him at centre or on the wing.
  4. Chris Harding

Best win in 10 years

Yes, it was reminiscent of those days, but there was a touch of the 80s "entertainers" there, too. Some risky passes that went astray at times, but prepared to move the ball and look for tries. Defence was as good as the Dogs of War - and from the smallest pack we've had.
  5. Chris Harding

Travis Touma appreciation thread

The attitude at half time, and the way they formed huddles on the field to discuss the play was a sign that they are enjoying their footie, and determined to give their all. Fans have been waiting a long time for this.
  6. Chris Harding

Cam Ciraldo

That was my point. :)
  7. Chris Harding

We played 20 minutes - one quarter of the game- down to 12 men. What an effort to score two tries to zero in that 20 minutes. All down to defence.
  8. Chris Harding

Dogs always looked gassed in previous seasons. This year their fitness is what is beating teams. Defence is amazing. -and the Knights were coming off a bye, and should have been super ready for the game.
  9. Chris Harding

Toby Sexton has started at Halfback in 9 games for us...

Too early to think about a GF; but it's not silly to think about one in a few years.
  10. Chris Harding

Lipoi Hopoi

Gould once said that a player needs to be able to play 60 minutes in reserves if they are to handle 20 minutes in first grade. Hopoi proved that point.
  11. Chris Harding

Cam Ciraldo

I'm still stunned. I thought the Knights had the game on a platter with all the possession they had, and playing 12 men for 20 minutes of the game.
  12. Chris Harding

Cam Ciraldo

So.... we don't sack him, now?
  13. Chris Harding

Best win in 10 years

Gus was under fire for the utility players he signed at the beginning of this year. How smart was that move? And the junior development that so many criticised is starting to pay off. This is supposed to be a development year, but it might be a serious challenge for the top eight and a semi...
  14. Chris Harding

Best win in 10 years

You said it all. The penalties and repeat sets flowed the Knights' way. Two sin bins, injuries and players unavailable - this has to be the best win in many years. So proud of the way our smaller forwards and the whole team defended against the odds, keeping the knights to Zero tries; and...
  15. Chris Harding

Opinion Forward Pack Performance

We have some good forwards coming through the lower grades. Another year or two, and we won't be looking for front rowers.