Recent content by diddly

1. diddly

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Booth still playing Ron Massey after being back for 6 weeks is not a good sign - would think that he would be pushing for at least a bench spot in Reggies by now - particularly given the number of middle forwards not available - hope im wrong. Saw him about 6 weeks ago - along with Suluka Fifita...
  2. diddly

Anyone else see th Flegg game on Saturday - i thought Seve's fist stint was very good - most carries he dominated and made good metres n defended well got to where he needed to be. Second stint not as good but still are vg flegg debut.
  3. diddly

Team vs eels

I think Wilson was more suited to the CC philosophy of defence first, defence second and defence third - however after Wilsons last few games i use the word "was"- he is being too easily dominated in yardage carries atm - imho Skelton would be the better option against Parra - give him a game...
  4. diddly

Team vs eels

I watch most of reserve grade games - Skelton is outstanding carrying the ball and can put on agreat hit in defence - his issue IMHO is reading defence and relatively slow in turning when hesitant in defence. However that is no different to most of the other big wingers who play regular fg such...
  5. diddly

Imho had his best game yesterday against the knights
  6. diddly

Team vs eels

Wilson n Skelton are different types of players - i dont see any real difference in risk in playing either against Parra particularly with both Burton n Chrichton back. Skelton would be a bonus in bringing the ball back from Moses kicks.
  7. diddly

Team vs eels

Well said - having good defenders around him generally means he doesnt have to make as many decisions.
  8. diddly

He may be the type that improves with better players around him - learns it by experiencing it rather than it being taught. I hope that when he plays next he has Chrichton as his centre - might be all he needs
  9. diddly

Knights presser

10. diddly

If he played outside of Chrichton or even Kikau it would make a difference and might improve enormously - its not that Skelton woudnt be effective especially from back of field - i think he could be as effective as Sivo was for Parra at jis best but with similar defence that good teams target...
  11. diddly

Watch the first try that Newcastle scored yesterday and describe Skelton's defensive effort. Im not basing my opinion on yesterdays game but the other 15 or so games iv seen Skelton play.
  12. diddly

Cochrane had a very good game. Seve's first stint was strong
  13. diddly

Flegg up 22 to 0. Twenty minutes to go against Knights
  14. diddly

Team vs eels

He has a slow reaction, "turning circle" agility to adjust when defending.
  15. diddly

May be a bit harsh - BUT seemed a pattern at training that he would be repeatedly calling trainers for one thing or another - this was over a number of sessions i watched - i do agree that his size and running style makes him hard to tackle - imho his future will be in the forwards. re Skelton...