Recent content by dogbone

1. D

Opinion Tom Eisenhuth

I wonder what he would've signed for if a club was keen to sign him at the time? Now he will command what, $700k a season at least.
  2. D

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

If Cleary plays it's a boost to them no doubt, especially in relation to his kicking game. Can't see him returning and being at full confidence though so not sure he takes the line on in attack too much. Will probably find that he is happy to sit back and pass more often than not. I didn't see...
  3. D

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

I think we lose out in kick returns with Tracey out. Taffees a handy backup though. His last game there was his best against the Roosters so hopefully he can pick up where he left off. Did Tracey have a moment against the Knights where he picked up an injury that he played on with?
  4. D

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Tracey has been so good for us! Hopefully whatever the reason is, it's only for this week! Preston back is fantastic though!
  5. D

Back 5

Jamaal Lolesi was killing it in 2004 before he got injured. 20 tries from 44 games for us.
  6. D

Is CC building a system that's not reliant on one man?

Yeah you need your best player on the field if we are talking winning the GF. But you don't want to become a team that has their whole season derailed because your star is out for 8-10 weeks. For me right now that is probably Kikau. Both sides of the ball he would be impossible to replace but...
  7. D

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

It really depends on how we go in our next 4 games against; Wests, Penrith, Raiders and Dragons. It should really give our backs a good chance to show what they are capable of. The obvious choice is Critta, then JAC and Burton. Maybe Kiraz and Xerri. I doubt any of our forwards will get a look...
  8. D

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Where would we be without Curran! So good to have him as he can be dangerous on an edge and a workhouse in the middle. Can't wait to have Preston and Mann back in the team. A right edge of Preston, Critta and Kiraz will be hard to hold out, just need the right half-back to set them up! I see...
  9. D

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Hopefully in the second half we can win the middle early and start shifting the ball to our edges. Crichton isn't getting any quality ball.
  10. D

Maybe he just needs to start from the bench in future? Lost count of the number of times he has gone off injured shortly after starting.
  11. D

So there's a chance we could have a bench of Turpin, Haywood, Taaffe and Sexton as 18th man? I almost want to see it happen just for the laugh.
  12. D

Even if Hutch is getting dropped, I still expect to see him named at 7. CC rarely runs out with the named team 1-13. It will be interesting to see what clues there are in the reserves/bench, will all of Taaffe, Sexton and Hayward get named? And then look to see who gets named in NSW Cup.
  13. D

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

Let's not get too carried away. He was only up against Meaney after all!
  14. D

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

And that's how you know he isn't a halfback.
  15. D

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

Yeah I don't disagree in regards to how good we looked with Mann at lock but I just think it played out well for him that game given we were having the better of field position. Given we don't have dominate props we probably need that 3rd big body in the middle more often than not?