Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope Alamoti plays especially on the right imagine Fox and Bronsons speed attacking him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alamoti has played out of his skin last week and this week.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we make the 8 and play chooks or storm first week

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Panthers, Broncos, Sharks, Storm, Roosters, Manly are a lock for the top 8.
Warriors, Bulldogs and Dolphins due to their easy ass draw fight it out for the last 2 spots. Outliers are flat track bullies in Cowboys and Eels pending Moses return.

Like you said we need to beat Tigers, Raiders, Dragons and Knights in Newy.
The real important game is round 14 v Parra before the second bye, Moses will be back, but I'd like to think they boys will be out for revenge after round 1 loss...same goes for the Sharks game a few weeks later.
Well we have seen Parra is volnurable. I don't think its just Moses. They have had pretty good players for a while and don't seem to click that often. When they do they can be great. But if we can exploit those weakneses then we have a chance.

By out performances against Storm and Roosters and our last effort which showed we can do it for nearly 80 minutes I think we can go close against most teams. Maybe Panthers and Broncos are the toughest with Sharks close behind. The rest its really open for us to win if we keep playing like we have.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
U don’t have warriors in your top 8??
I think the the current top 5 and the Roosters fill the first 6 spots. With about 8 teams fighting it out for 7 & 8. The Wahs are in the mix but they need to pickup their game soon. They don’t seem at the same level they were last year.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the the current top 5 and the Roosters fill the first 6 spots. With about 8 teams fighting it out for 7 & 8. The Wahs are in the mix but they need to pickup their game soon. They don’t seem at the same level they were last year.
They don’t, yet can still put on two tries in five mins without even trying.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will win definitely 3 out of 4 of those games the Penrith one will be a big and hard game but they are beatable more than ever atm

I think taylan may side is the way to go he is not playing to his potential he likes to run out of the line which give us plenty of space to blindside him
Well we may be opposing Alamotic the way he has been going. That may be good as well as he is less experienced. Maybe the x Panther players we have put in a big one to prove a point and that rubs off. If we play their style in defence we should go ok and then maybe with some outside the box play like Burtons kicks to the Fox or high bombs constantly reining down may catch them out.

I mean Titans just beat Warriors so the comp is closer and on their day most sides can beat each other. I think alot comes down to the will to win. We see teams like Parra and Tigers with top players but don't seem like their hearts in it. Then we see a bottom team beat a top side because they wanted it more on the day.

I think the Dogs advantage at the moment is they are in a good head space as far as mental toughness and physical condition as well. But our attitude and commitment is great.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
seriously talk about getting ahead of yourself...let's first get past the tigers who are no easy beats
Lol I tend to do that. I over think things. But its fun to speculate. But your right when it comes down to it the most important game is the next one. One game or rather win at a time lol. Its got to be wins.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was worried we drop points to Canberra they were pretty crap today I’m now a bit concerned about the tigers they went ok against a class outfit I hope we turn up and don’t take them lightly

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me, the 8 will be the teams that are there now, except Phinsdown will drop out for the Wahs.