Search results

1. P

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 11| Raiders vs Bulldogs

They would need to get NRL approval as he was one of the players that dropped out of the extended bench at 24 hours. Would have to be because of injury not planned. He may have gone up to Brisbane, but it will be in case a half gets injured before the game and we get approval. To win this game...
  2. P

Latrell Mitchell confronts Braith Anasta

The players deserve to be criticised for the position they find themselves in. But if anyone says anything negative about Mitchell its either racist or a personal attack. Maybe he has a Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
  3. P

David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

Let this be a lesson to those that questions Gus's recruitment process. He doesn't offer a contract unless he is convinced that player wants to come and play for the Dogs. Rather than get caught up in a bidding war, for a player that doesn't even want to come. He did that with AFB and also with...
  4. P

I think it is a sign that CC sees more a of a battle in the forwards this week and we needed an extra player that could play in the middle. Hayward has been playing in the middle and guess if we lose a half we could swing Hayward into the halves. Or that Sexton is coming in and that Hutch will...
  5. P

Yeah I heard it was related to a sledge that Salmon directed at Rickys kid that related to his sister/Rickys daughters Autism. Low blow if true, but he was a kid.
  6. P

They just need to keep the same defensive attitude, fast line speed. Burto needs to keep his running game going and giving early ball to Kiks and Xerri. Limit the mistakes and ... Bobs your uncle...
  7. P

‘He’s A Good Person’: V’landys Says Booing Would Stop If Fans Knew Mitchell

Hmmm not sure how I feel about this... I agree that no place for racism in the game or even in the community. However, what it sounds like was two individuals were talking amongst themselves, and now the police are involved, I agree it shouldn't happen, but this sounds like a slippery slope. Not...
  8. P

Have to beat the Raiders

I don't think it's a must win, but it is a win that will push us back into the 8. We cannot seriously consider ourselves contenders for the Premiership this year. The best we can realistically do is make the 8 and maybe win one final game... That will be a massive step forward. If we lose vs the...
  9. P

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

You watching the game? How did Lipoi Hopoi go? Kit Kat playing well or lucky?
  10. P

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

We have Hayward that could do a job in the halves if needed, but he can also spend his time in the middle. Means we can have coverage and not need to waste a bench spot if not needed.
  11. P

Panthers scored right at half time so score 18-6 Panthers scores first in second half and scores now 18-12
  12. P

So what we can tell from the NSWRL scoreboard updates... The Dogs are spending their time getting binned and scoring points and the Panthers have just been going through replacements/interchanges. Nothing much else happening
  13. P

So still first half and we currently lead the Panthers 18-0...
  14. P

Only link I know of is on NSWRLTV on facebook and you need to subscribe to watch... Skelton Try
  15. P

2nd Try to Kautoga... no idea what Sin bins were for. Looking at updates on nswrl
  16. P

wow... Kautoga looks like he is back and still 0-0 Now Sexton back Panthers against 11 men for 8 minutes and unable to score ... Kautoga just scored?
  17. P

Opinion Ciraldo press conference

You see what CC was saying last year when he was talking about effort and certain players not putting in... to now he is the kind of bloke that calls a spade a spade. If you are doing the right things he will defend you till the cows, come home... He reminds me a bit of Folkesy in his coaching...
  18. P

Bailey biondi - Odo

Was he Top 30?
  19. P

‘Small ball’ and a rugby league revolution: Are the Bulldogs back?

I have read some comments somewhere saying that he is a smaller type of forward but when I watched him in Cup didn't seem to lose much in height to opposition players. Anyone know what his height and weight is?
  20. P

Kiraz likely out

Will not happen, CC has Tracey & Wilson in reserves, Wilson will come in for Kiraz if needed. Do not agree though. Both Skelton and WIlson has been named in NSW cup. Game is 3:45 PM on Friday so I guess that is when we will know if Wilson is playing Cup or NRL.
  21. P

To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

Absolutely, I feel it has been his influence that has helped unlock Burto and Kicks so far this year.
  22. P

Sam hughes contact with badger

FFS how many members make comments about players WAG's... in the lounge in the past we even had multiple threads dedicated to pictures of females. I think some individuals have gone over the top. A female makes a comment about another female supposedly finding a player attractive and it's the...
  23. P

‘Small ball’ and a rugby league revolution: Are the Bulldogs back?

Does someone have the article that could be posted?
  24. P

Resilience

Yeah exactly some people suggesting the coaching changes is what has resulted in the change of our attitude don't get it. Everyone of those players let go/ no longer with the club did not buy in... Yes we have players coming to the club because they want to play under Ciro. But the big point is...
  25. P

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

If we lose today it may well be a CATastrophe
  26. P

Opinion Overseas Live Streaming advice?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to identify the IP ranges owned by the VPN companies. They just block any IP addresses known to be from a VPN provider. Small/new VPN providers may be an option, but they will only work for a period of time. They wouldn't even need to do it themselves just subscribe to a...
  27. P

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

What will be interesting in the Titmus case is that Perrett was like a warning to Manly and the rest of the NRL. Manly should have learned after the Perrett incident. Titmus happened several years later and was almost an identical mechanism based on reporting. In the first case, you could argue...
  28. P

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

I have no doubt that his defensive effort in the last 5 minutes vs the storm will be fresh in CC's memory.
  29. P

Kenty may not do nrl360 for a while

Maybe he will be driving an ice cream truck...
  30. P

Kenty may not do nrl360 for a while

Hmmm, its a shame. he has been a little more reasonable on NRL360 lately. He seems to be feeding off Anasta's new found Bulldog memories. Or maybe he just thinks it's funny to join everyone else ganging up on Rothfield, either way he has made some sense of late. If they are going to...
  31. P

Yes... I think Topine had some ability and therefore made the junior rep sides. However it takes something more to turn that into a First Grade Career. I see at least 3 attributes for a player. 1) Skill, 2) Physical Characteristics 3) Commitment and Motivation (Working Hard). I see a player...
  32. P

A couple of things to think about. This is how that week might have gone: 1) He has a poor game against the Broncos in defense. will he take responsibility and work extra hard in the following week. 2) Team has a wresting session, seen as one of the go to training programs to improve defense...
  33. P

Also we know the NRL and RLPA reached out to Topine with no response.
  34. P

It was a comment on that Stream above by Weidler... which unfortunately is probably true. He mentioned clubs will have to go into childhood trauma and stuff like that to understand what makes players tick... But I think what will happen is players will need to undergo mental health screening...
  35. P

I have no doubt that is the angle that they are taking, they will be saying that the mental anguish suffered through the action of the dogs trainers resulted in him unable to pursue a career in rugby league. The clubs lawyers unfortunately will need to attack Topine to defend itself and will be...
  36. P

So my take on this, someone that looks at a schedule and it says arrive/strapping at 8AM and wrestling at 8:30AM and they turn up at 8:30 is someone looking to do the bare minimum. Do what he needs to do to get away with it. If you think you want to come at 8:30 because you are not getting...
  37. P

Ciraldo on SEN

Anyone's question get answered? I asked one about Joey Oneill... Obviously wasn't answered.
  38. P

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

O'Neill will be on the bench before he is brought into the team unless Ciro has no other option because of injuries... I see O'Neill coming off the bench to get some minutes then maybe go back to NSW Cup... for a few games. But after that if he was named on the bench it may be a smokey for him...
  39. P

Team after the bye

I hope they don't take the Tigers lightly. Yes we should win but they have been playing well. The defence and attitude they have needs to be every minute of every game.
  40. P

Ciraldo on SEN

Listening now, but has it already been on?
  41. P

Opinion Medical Retirements

I hate the continual reference to Jacko and that it was an attempt by the dogs to try to cheat the cap. It was clear what job Josh wanted when he eventually retired. He had the appropriate training to do that job. It was not like he was given an ambassador role to keep him around the club, like...
  42. P

Stat dive - defence analysis

The two biggest reasons our defence has improved is 1 players buying in and two that the structures implemented require fitness. We didn’t have that last year. I seem to hear every player and coach from other teams talking about being connected, when things are working. That is big in the dogs...
  43. P

News Nrl360

What I have noticed lately is Anasta talking more about his days playing with the Dogs. Buzz said am I going to have to put up with you each show talking about the Dogs… talking to Anasta. Funny as fuck… Also I think Gordon brought up what Gus had done at Panthers and really set them up… was...
  44. P

Burton is a half

Yes, halves and props develop later than outside backs or second rowers. The other thing that should be considered is that Burton is immature as a person. I think CC gave him the captaincy last year in an attempt to force him to grow up, but it didn't really work. What I have seen this year is...
  45. P

Just to be clear, JT has nothing tp do with our defence.
  46. P

Yes, the left edge has been strong the last few weeks. However, I have noticed that it coincides with the Preston loss. I think before he was out injured the right edge with him and Kiraz was strong. I think when Preston comes back, and with Critta and Kiraz outside him, we will have plenty of...
  47. P

I get excited every week

I agree we are improving, and I am liking what I am seeing but we must remember that we may still have bad games. We may be 2 steps forward one step back. I hope that we come away with the win this weekend, but if we don't it will not be back to the drawing board. It will just be a challenge on...
  48. P

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

I am sure someone will have an irrelevant mumble about it.
  49. P

Perception By Other Fans

I think the biggest indicator is that it looks like Booze is looking for a new Target,. He has given up trying to destabilise the dogs and has probably realised it is just giving the Dogs more coverage. But he will be ready to say something negative when the time is right. He is certainly not...
  50. P

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

think it's more likely hughes to bench Curran to prop, Hayward to lock. Farmers illy, Hughes and then morrin gives the bench a bit of size. Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
  51. P

Harrison Edwards on the move?

he reports later in the post chain, that digs are not getting anyone. If he was on Development contract maybe he had a clause for a top30 opportunity. Still means we can add another dev player and can be available for first grade immediately. Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
  52. P

Harrison Edwards on the move?

is this to bring one of the young middles into the squad? Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
  53. P

We just don’t have the team

I had high hopes that we could push for the last few spots in the eight at the beginning of the year. Some of the results of the year's start shook my confidence. But we can compete for the last few spots in the 8. But the expectation is top 11. If we are higher than that I will be happy lower...
  54. P

Super proud tonight

During the second half last night I was thinking how across the park we have players that can create an opportunity. I was looking at Kiks, Xerri, JAC, Burton, Kiraz, Tracey, Curran they were all creating opportunities regularly. I then realised that Critta, some would say the one most likely...
  55. P

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

wasn't Tracey under an injury cloud? Was it calf?.. can't see him running the extras at FB if he is carrying an injury. Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
  56. P

News 'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP

Seeing Bud at 13... anyone see him play? is there any similarity between him and his dad?
  57. P

Burton is a half

Was a little disappointed that Critta couldn't stop the rot when Cocks nearly came home over the top of us. That first try should have been enough to get them back on. But yes I still think he is better than last year, and even JJ. Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
  58. P

A wins a win

I'll take the win because we needed it. The first half as well showed what we can do and what kiks is capable of. But CC needs to remember what he said at half time and make sure he never says it again. The dogs thought they had the win, then couldn't believe one try after another... Crichton...
  59. P

Fridays weather

Bulldogs last try at Belmore in 1998 - Polla-Mounter in the pouring rain (youtube.com)
  60. P

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Can we get the Official Tag removed?
  61. P

News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

Yeah... the way he responded wasn't defensive at all. almost like he found it funny. Reminds me of the infamous drones comment.
  62. P

News Team changes late mail vs Roosta

Liking this change, the other thing I am liking is that CC doesn't make knee jerk changes. If he is bringing in Patolo over Knight it is because CC believes he is ready. My hope for this year is that one of Patolo or Hughes need to standup... maybe we get both. Yes he has had a few injuries...
  63. P

News 'I wouldn't have come here': Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo forced to respond to uncomfortable Gould rumour

This reminds me of the article / quote by Gus around Dessie having a go at the Titan players. Paraphrasing but it was like when addressing the players in the shed you need to think about what the players need to hear not necessarily what you want to say. I think CC's support of Hutchinson is...
  64. P

Where is Xerri?

Extended bench for first grade, along with farmersilly… Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  65. P

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

I haven’t watched any of their games but I have seen comments that suggest one of the South’s weaknesses is the speed of the backline. That is something we have in spades over them, bringing JAC back in is just the icing on the cake. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  66. P

Kurt Mann is so underrated

Initially I thought with Salmon and Curran, Mann was the odd man out. But with Curran spending time at Prop, a Jammer style prop, Mann has been great controlling the middle. But if Suluka-Fifita or someone else comes into the picture later in the season, would suggest that will push Curran back...
  67. P

THE REAL REASON FOR BULLDOG'S NEW LOOK

What do you reckon happens when he wakes up in the morning and sees himself in the Mirror... I'm not gonna be late again. If they are a bit like goldfish then I think it's good. I would think Danika would let him know not to be late again too. He hasn't exactly started the season on fire so if...
  68. P

Opinion Key Feature Missing from Our Attack

So far this season, it seems that the Left side's attack is more structured, while the right side takes advantage of the opposition's defensive lapses. That could be for a couple of reasons yes Taaffe and other players popping up on the right giving us numbers but the opposition seems to be...
  69. P

Opinion Critta leadership Material

It's the quality of a captain we have missed since Ennis & James Graham. I loved Jacko, but he was more of a quiet achiever. They need someone to kick them up the ass when they need it and keep them up for the full 80 minutes. Yes, we need some consistency in HB and at FB, and some more size in...
  70. P

Official Ciraldo on Addo Carr return

I don't mind an extra week to see what Tracey can bring. I would like to see Taaffe and Tracey swap a few times at the back, especially on kick returns. Tracey seems to be able to take advantage of his extra size, while Taaffe has not made much of an impression on his kick returns so far...
  71. P

News Trying to bite my tongue’: Ciraldo wants ‘clarity’ after contentious calls cruel Dogs

I'm seeing this as that if the ref is not there Trindall runs straight out to tackle Kiks, rather than running behind the Ref for an advantage.
  72. P

Another Backrower - Jirah Momoisea - outside top 30

Anyone have any detail on him could he be transitioned to Front Row? https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-table-18-million-deal-for-max-jorgensen-joey-manus-rugby-destination-all-but-set/news-story/d0174412950e99bfb8f046c30dc116ed Canterbury has added to its forward stocks by...
  73. P

News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

Hmmm I was suspecting that he was not signed specifically for what he can do on the field. I was thinking that he was our Ciraldo when Gus recruited Ciraldo to play for Penrith. He was just looking for someone to set an example at training.
  74. P

News Crichton‘s encouraging act in Dogs debut as halves dilemma deepens: What we learned

The other thing that needs to be mentioned, is that I am sure we spent much of the preseason on fitness and defense, the two areas we need massive improvements in... I would not be judging the dogs too much on attack yet.
  75. P

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

Hutcho off soon I feel. two big mistakes cost us. we should be up by 6 but we are behind by 6.
  76. P

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Trial No. 2 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Friday 8pm BSG

I think a hard fast track and hot temperatures would suit our mobile forwards a little more... If it's wet, it could get into a real grind, and I don't think we have the size up front to compete against the Shark's big men. Think I need to go get some beer.
  77. P

Opinion Pre Season Training

you can say that again...
  78. P

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

I am surprised, but not specifically disappointed. I thought Burton would lose the Job and then wondered whether Reed was ready to take it alone... I also suspected that CC does not plan to have Mahoney as an 80-minute hooker this year. If Critta is a big talker and motivator he sounds like the...
  79. P

i go back to our first trial where we had developed an opportunity on the right but probably needed more experience to take advantage. Come this trial and we replace a player with 0 fg games in Eli Clark with probably the best centre in the game. if our structure creates those opportunities...
  80. P

I would suggest that Tracey and Kiraz will get a run in NSW Cup before coming back into 17. If we win our Rd1 game it may take a little longer. That is unless Taffe and/or Xerri shit the bed on Friday night.
  81. P

Official Gus on Twitter

Yep... I have finally blocked him. Added him to my ever-growing list. He has his agendas and whatever is happening or said he twists it to suit his agenda, he may not even realise he has an agenda. He used to occasionally say something worthwhile, so I'd put up with the shit but it has been a...
  82. P

Xerri's advantage were his tackle 2 hard runs. The hard yards he makes will be extra important this year with our smaller forward pack. That may make it harder for CC to say no.. Oh and I didn't vote because result doesn't matter, especially full game result.
  83. P

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

The back 5 for Storm are likely who will be there Rd1. Forwards and Halves/Hookers are all green though. We are missing about half our starting team... While I agree I hope we win, I am not going to slit my wrists if we struggle. I hope that Hutcho has a good controlling game but that will...
  84. P

Pre Game Thread, Trial 1: Bulldogs vs Storm @ Belmore, 7pm Thu 15-Feb

What I find interesting is that Hughes is starting prop over Knight. You add up all the talk in the preseason over Hughes and you have to be at least a little optimistic. Or maybe Liam has been spending too many nights with Danica...
  85. P

News Taaffe gets first crack at Bulldogs’ No.1; Schuster’s return bid as Manly rest stars: Rd 1 Team Tips

So if Critta, Kiks and Tracey all rested and JAC, BBO & Curran playing All stars I'm guessing the Trial this week will be the experiment and the following trial will be a real trial. Players playing this week have their spots in question or we have no other options. Taafe, Xerri, Wilson...
  86. P

Opinion Buzz on Twitter

I get the concern that not calling them out and how that looks to everyone reading what has been posted. However is the old saying short term pain long term gain. I reckon the mods should take into account those accounts that have been blocked/ignored if possible. If they do something to get...
  87. P

Do you expect much improvement in our defense?

I think a significant improvement in our defense. Whether that ends in results we will have to see. I think a premium is on defense this year with players with the better defense getting the leg up over other options. That is the reason why I think Xerri will start the year in NSW Cup. Because...
  88. P

Seen a lot of photos of BBO this preseason, how does everyone think he will go? The few games of NRL he played he really was a jack in the box and made things happen. But I am not sure if he is the organising type of half or a more running half? We have been discussing Sexton and Hutchison and...
  89. P

News Josh Morris goes in-depth on the play of new Bulldogs signing Stephen Crichton

Critta may indeed end up at fullback for the dogs, but this year I see him playing centre. All the noise out of the dogs this preseason is fixing our woeful defence from last year. Considering this, how can you not have him at centre. Taafe vs Tracey for Fullback.
  90. P

News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

... I have seen some pretty solid shits... no matter how many times you flush it just will not get rid of them...
  91. P

Let's Trot with Burton

Yeah ok... so Burto is not the sharpest tool in the shed. But I am pretty sure that when he was recruited, his understanding of the sciences wasn't the reason. He did say, obviously, it's round, but it's also flat. I think he is naive and does not understand what it means to ask that question...
  92. P

News Cameron Ciraldo Q&A How New Recruits Will Feature In His Quest To Make The Bulldogs A Powerhouse Again

I think CC has said all the right things, I cannot fault him for anything he has said. Critta position, primarily centre but acknowledge he could do a job at FB. Defense... what more could he say was very disappointed and it was more about attitude/professionalism than anything else. He didn't...
  93. P

As everyone else has said, the positive news on Sam Hughes is so far the best news coming out of pre-season. We needed either he or Patolo to really standup considering our front row stocks. A fit Max King, and a firing and keen Sam Hughes could be what we are looking for in the front row...
  94. P

Ex NRL player named and shamed in DV case by Terrorgraph but not identified as a Bulldogs player.

Paul Carter in a bit of trouble, never played Nrl for us but played lower grades some were sad when he left to go to Tits. Would have played NRL that following year if he was still with us. What is the world coming to when News has the opportunity to mention the dogs in a negative article and...