Search results

1. bradtalo

Kiraz for Fullback

He's definitely a better 1 than Crichton, Taaffe and possibly Tracey. He has a much higher workrate and could play the whole field then, not just one side. Papalii still has potential to be our best 1
  2. bradtalo

News Fox out with hamstring tear

Xerri is going okay but he doesn't really break a lot of tackles or create line breaks. While JAC is out I wouldn't mind seeing 1 Tracey 2 Skelton 3 Kiraz 4 Crichton 5 Wilson
  3. bradtalo

News Fox out with hamstring tear

A lot of us (including myself) have been saying we should move him on but last night again he proved he can score tries other wingers can't including our other wingers. Similar story when he scored his hat trick. Tough carries aren't his strong point but maybe we just have to accept these as...
  4. bradtalo

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

I'd even offer a swap for Tuku. Sharks won't need him when AFB arrives next year. He's exactly what we need - size and power. 6'5 and 114kgs. Last game against us he got over the line twice. He has to be much fitter than Pele as he's not carrying 130+kgs
  5. bradtalo

Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

They just re-signed Uele and he knocked back 700K from the Warriors according to reports so they won't be shedding him. Hazelton is a Sharks fan favourite so you wouldn't think it's him even though yes he is best friends with Gus' son. Royce Hunt seems to be the one who'se fallen down the...
  6. bradtalo

Kikau Injured?

Kautoga is the closest like for like replacement. Big and strong and runs good lines. Can hit hard in D also. Killing it in cup. I hope Ciraldo gives him an opportunity. I think he may have another week or two of a suspension to serve unfortunately
  7. bradtalo

Rumour Bulldogs set to Sign Angus Chrighton

He's a f..king idiot if he signs for the Roosters after the disrespect they showed him. He should have no loyalty towards them whatsoever exactly as they failed to show him. He seemed pretty pissed from his comments in that interview. If he accepts their arse kissing now he's a f..king fool
  8. bradtalo

News Bulldogs Forgotten Man- Toby Sexton in NRL Return

Yes Sexton / Hutch for sure. I reckon Ciraldo will bring in Wilson on the wing (Kiraz to centre) ahead of moving Tracey from fullback especially now they want Taaffe to get game time in NSW Cup playing as a half
  9. bradtalo

Opinion Forward Pack Performance

Next year we'll have King, Hughes, Suluka-Fafita, Amone, Faamausili, Sutton (6), we might re-sign Knight for depth and we have Todd and Seve coming through. I really can't see the need now to sign an expensive big name prop plus it's very unlikely one will be available. Only chance would be...
  10. bradtalo

Rumour Bulldogs set to Sign Angus Chrighton

We need some more strike. Kikau can't do it by himself plus if Kiks is ever injured we're f..ked. We need options. We're not spending a MIL on any middles so why not get some talent if available. We could also afford a Sharks prop if they release someone.
  11. bradtalo

Had 4 games not been lost by conversions, Dogs would be top 4

I seriously doubt Burton does extras on his bad side - or he'd have to be much better. While he's at it he should practice his high bombs. Can't understand why every bomb he kicks isn't as high as possible. I heard Fittler and Joey saying the same thing
  12. bradtalo

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 11| Raiders vs Bulldogs

Won't be watching another game live until Hutcho is no longer our 7. If we win I'll watch the replay on Kayo. Aint worth the stress watching live when Ciraldo keeps picking duds like Hutchison and Salmon who offer nothing in attack. Really shits me too when we make breaks and there's support but...
  13. bradtalo

Opinion Burton should be sacked from being our goalkicker

So obvious he doesn't do extras in anything at training. Same with why doesn't he ever use his big bombs. Just tuck it away like it's never needed for some reason. Every time he kicks a bomb it should be as f..king high as he can. It's like he doesn't give a f..k
  14. bradtalo

Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Canterbury Bulldogs Chasing Leigh Leopards Forward Tom Amone

We need some size in the forwards. This guy looks good but he's 5'11 and 104kgs. Fine with him as long as we get another much bigger
  15. bradtalo

News Brandon Wakeham arrested

Don't know why a player like him didn't try Super League
  16. bradtalo

Which club do you hate the most?

Roosters because they're the biggest frauds in the comp. The ONLY team that signs players for 200K a season less than everybody else. Biggest cheating c..nts in the comp by a mile and they're still only average on the field
  17. bradtalo

Happy Saturday night Kennelers

Wow. Literally standing there leaning against the ropes repeatedly getting punched in the head unable to defend himself. No-one's gonna be scared of him in the NRL any more. His rep is finished
  18. bradtalo

No Source TPJ Rumours seem Legit ..

Who had lost all 3 of his previous professional fights LOL.. TPJ is now unemployed. Storm chairman not interested. He must feel proud providing for his family NOT
  19. bradtalo

Happy Saturday night Kennelers

Featuring as the main event in the Brisbane Boxing Showcase, staged by his own promotion company, Pangai was flattened by Kenny Niko in just over one minute. Niko had lost all three of his only professional fights before his win on Saturday. LOL
  20. bradtalo

Do we take enough risks in games?

What really pisses me off is when we take settlers for every tackle then only try shape on the 5th and without decoy runners and we often f..k up a pass or two and often because of Hutchison being slow or juggling the pass or we put in an average kick with no chasers competing for the ball. It's...
  21. bradtalo

Do we take enough risks in games?

Seriously, can't Sexton be taught to tackle and organise / talk ? That's the only reason Hutch is in the team apparently. Kodi Nikorima might be an option for next year. He had 4 try assists in a game a few weeks ago. That's double Hutcho's stats in 10 whole games. If we're going to continue...
  22. bradtalo

David Fifita?

On tonight's Six Tackles Gus mentioned he talked to Fifita's manager. Possibly sounding him out. He also mentioned a player from Tamworth will be making his debut in the next few weeks. Anyone know who that would be ?
  23. bradtalo

Kiraz likely out

If Skelton can't get a run after his last few performances he might as well pack it in. Wilson looked down on energy. He needs to build up again. Probably lost a bit of weight. It would give the Panthers smaller backs plenty to fear with Kikau on one side and Skelton on the other
  24. bradtalo

Kiraz likely out

Wilson is only 1 week back after missing a few games. His match fitness would still be down. He was pretty quiet on the weekend whereas Skelton was his usual self. Skelton is a more like for like replacement for Kiraz. I hope he gets his opportunity. He's been killing it for weeks in regies...
  25. bradtalo

Fitness

surely he no longer has a job in the NRL
  26. bradtalo

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

I thought the same. Taaffe is f..king average. Should be considered our 3rd option only after Tracey and Papalii, Crichton isn't a fullback. I like Xerri but I think he might have blown another try early in the game by failing to pass to an unmarked JAC. It worries me he's becoming another...
  27. bradtalo

Opinion Team for 2025

Yes sorry did this very early in the morning and wasn't thinking straight. Have fixed up Woods. Woods will be 18 next year same age as Lachlan Galvin is now who'se doing okay at the Tigers hey. Woods is top 30 next year so he'll be playing NSW Cup against men, not lower you would think. If he...
  28. bradtalo

Opinion Team for 2025

I hope it's shaping to be something like this at least by mid to late season and remember we still have money to spend on a decent middle IF one becomes available. Hopefully Royce Hunt decides to move on when AFB arrives at the Sharks. He's a former Dogs junior too. We'll be much more dangerous...
  29. bradtalo

News NRL probes Gus over spray

Channel Nine as the broadcaster need to put the pressure on the NRL for Gus to say whatever the hell he wants in his role as a Nine commentator. It's good TV for them when Gus gives a spray. NRL is acting like a communist party in trying to prevent criticism of them. If Gus was appearing in his...
  30. bradtalo

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

I read he played 11 games the following season so I don't understand how Perrett can claim it damaged his career permanently. If it affected him that badly he would never have played another game let alone 11. Mistakes happen. I'm sure they weren't trying to kill their players but yes there...
  31. bradtalo

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

The floodgates have opened. Anasta was perfectly right in saying the NRL need to help the Dogs against Topine or there's gonna be a flood of claims. If clubs and the game collapse because of this I hope the journos backing Topine will be happy when they're out of a job. I look forward to...
  32. bradtalo

Fox Sports Lachlan Ilias (more of an opinion than rumour)

Yes he's definitely in our corner. He's back with solid connections to the club again including Gus. Was a time not so long ago this wasn't the case but I can't blame anyone for criticising the club for past mistakes. Most of us did it
  33. bradtalo

Fox Sports Lachlan Ilias (more of an opinion than rumour)

Ilias’ future unclear as Souths move to sign UK standout; Townsend could stay up north: Whispers Fox League from Fox Sports April 27th, 2024 2:08 pm Lachlan Ilias’ South Sydney career could be nearing its end with the Rabbitohs reportedly close to luring English halfback Lewis Dodd to...
  34. bradtalo

Incredible Turnaround in Defence

I'm happy to admit I judged Ciraldo way too early. I now think he's gonna be a better long term option than Shane Flanagan. He definitely has a better system for defence and our attack is coming along in leaps and bounds. I was concerned when our tries were all coming from off the cuff stuff...
  35. bradtalo

Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

DOGS RALLY BEHIND STRUGGLING STAR Drew Hutchison has struggled since arriving at Canterbury. (Getty) Bulldogs fans have rallied behind halfback Drew Hutchison after he was booed off the field during last Sunday's win over the Knights. Hutchison - who isn't a world beater but is a good, solid...
  36. bradtalo

Back 5

Even better with Lolesi in the centres. Played 20 games but missed the GF through injury 1: Patten 2: El Masri 3: Lolesi 4: Tonga 5: Utai
  37. bradtalo

Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

I watched the whole of our NSW Cup game against the Knights where we scored 52 points. Based on that and everything else I've seen from Sexton in first grade he'd be no great loss. In that game he had one try assist from memory. O'Neill had 3. Yes Sexton offers a bit more in attack than...
  38. bradtalo

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

The lawyer is using it as a threat to get a max settlement. I can't see it going to trial either. How does a f..king court decide what's a fair and not fair level of punishment for any athlete in any sport at any level. Who decides where you draw the line. The defence could bring up literally...
  39. bradtalo

If this case gets up the next step might be players suing refs for getting sent off or binned. How embarrassing for the poor player being singled out. We should get rid of penalties and six agains too while we're at it. Then we can take away the premiership trophy and instead give all players...
  40. bradtalo

Can't see this going too far in court and Topine has destroyed any chance of getting picked up by another club through being a sook. Maybe the court should look into the millions of professional athletes in every sport who have ever had to do 10 push-ups or more as punishment. Who decides...
  41. bradtalo

There's a few players I'd like selected ahead of Salmon every week
  42. bradtalo

News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

Thanks yeah this is funny !
  43. bradtalo

I saw Gus talking about Hetho on one of the Nine footy shows. He said when Hetho was playing with us he asked Gus every week if he could fight Gallen. One day Gus told Hetho if he really wants to fight he'll take him to a boxing gym and he can get beaten up by some professionals. Hetho's...
  44. bradtalo

I've read a few reports now that on Sunday some of our fans booed Hutchison. If true it's a really bad look. I want him out of the team as much as anyone but that's going a bit too far. It's not like he's not trying. It's not his fault if Ciraldo keeps choosing him. How disappointing would it be...
  45. bradtalo

Is Hetho really that good ?. Who has he actually fought ? TPJ would be a lot stronger
  46. bradtalo

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

I like Kautoga too. He coud be a great option in attack on the right edge. Had a great game in cup yesterday
  47. bradtalo

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

Good stats today for every starting player (besides Patolo) except for Hutcho. Even 2 of our reserves make it on the list but not Hutcho
  48. bradtalo

Opinion How many dogs make origin?

Foxx is a lock as he would be for an Aust test team
  49. bradtalo

Rd 7 vs Knights 3-2-1

Hope Kiks gets a point in the Dally M so he goes outright leader. Ponga won't be getting any today
  50. bradtalo

I'd like to see him take on TPJ and see how he goes
  51. bradtalo

Opinion Sam Hughes

Can't understand why Hughes doesn't get more game time though. He's really fit they reckon so could definitely handle it and he's one of our few forwards who bend the line. As he's shown also a rare prop who can score tries
  52. bradtalo

Only time I noticed Elliott on the field was when he dropped the ball LOL. Who was it on here that was in love with him again ?
  53. bradtalo

He definitely hasn't kicked on after showing potential early.
  54. bradtalo

This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

I hope Ciraldo has finally seen the light. Hutcho 1 try assist and zero tries in 7 games out of 26 or more tries we've scored. That's f..king disgusting stats for a 7. Hopefully Ciraldo sees the bye as the perfect opportunity to swap our 7 and give him plenty of training time before the next...
  55. bradtalo

I don't know. Mahoney didn't look too impressed plus his reaction and the reaction of the trainers
  56. bradtalo

Hetherington has to be suspended surely or fined
  57. bradtalo

During the presser with the Knights coach one of the journos claimed when Mahoney came of the field after being sin binned Hetherington came out of his dressing room and confronted Mahoney. I'm pretty sure I heard Mahoney tell the ref just before he was marched that Hetherington asked if he...
  58. bradtalo

TIME TO SHOW TAAFFE SOME LOVE

Hutcho will only get a fine. There was a trip in a game last week on Paps (Storm) and it only got a fine
  59. bradtalo

Before a ball was even kicked this season I and others had Tracey as our 1 and Taaffe at 7. It took 6 games for Ciraldo to realise Tracey should be our 1. How many more games will it take him to realise Taaffe should start at 7 ?
  60. bradtalo

Opinion Patolo

What a waste of a spot in the 17. Can we please see if he can make it through 3 whole games in a row in regies before he's ever considered for first grade again ?
  61. bradtalo

In his 2 minutes on the field today Taaffe achieved the same try assist tally as Hutcho has in 7 whole games 1. Taaffe now has 4 or 5 try assists in 5 and a bit games plus 2 tries. Hutcho zero. Hutcho can't assist line breaks either because he's not fast enough to get there in time LOL
  62. bradtalo

Hutcho looks like a pensioner thrust into first grade because there's no-on else left to choose. Has he even beaten 1 tackle or made 1 linebreak. Not that I remember. Imagine how much better we'll be with an attacking 7 who'se an actual threat himself. At the moment we're playing without a 7
  63. bradtalo

With his first 2 minutes today Taaffe showed better skills at 7 than Hutcho has shown in 7 whole games, He's fast enough to back up. Hutcho is too slow to back up anything. All Hutcho does is pass the ball during shape. Taaffe showed he can do that also + MORE. This year Taaffe has 4-5 try...
  64. bradtalo

Opinion Lets hope Taaffe comes on to replace Hutcho against the Knights

With first & second touch today Taaffe showed more 7 skills than Hutcho has shown in 7 whole games.
  65. bradtalo

Taaffe's birthday today on game day. Surely Ciraldo isn't dropping him
  66. bradtalo

Many are doubting Taaffe can handle 7 defensively but Hutcho doesn't do a great job there either. I've noticed he's been responsible for a few missed tackles this year which led to tries. Taaffe is actually taller than Mahoney (by 4cms) and virtually the same weight. He deserves a chance to see...
  67. bradtalo

I'll be happy to see anyone given a try over Hutcho whether that be Taaffe, Sexton, Hayward, BBO or O'Neill Hutcho isn't that good a defender either. He lets a try in every week. If we're picking 7's on defence we might as well have kept Flano LOL
  68. bradtalo

How do we know ? He's played there plenty in the past. Could have trained this week. Was a schoolboys NSW rep 7 with Burton at 6 We should remember Munster, Hughes, Hynes all made an easy conversion to the halves from fullback. Barba went the opposite way as did Jason Alchin for us, Jai Field...
  69. bradtalo

You really think so even after Ciraldo talked him up this week as being a super-sub ? He's over the concussion I believe. Selected in the 17
  70. bradtalo

What are your thoughts on Ciraldo picking Taaffe on the bench this weekend. Surely it has to be as a replacement for Hutcho at some stage to see how he goes at 7. He's not there to rest Tracey, Burton or Mahoney. I just hope we don't suffer an injury in the backs but even if that happens Hayward...
  71. bradtalo

No Source Trey Mooney

Mooney made all the junior rep teams (NSW and Aust), Unsure if Todd played any. From the stats above Mooney is making an extra 70 metre a game which is pretty decent. How tall and heavy is Todd ? I can't find anything on this.
  72. bradtalo

News Hull FC target Canterbury Bulldogs full-back as Richie Myler closes in on first signing

Please God let this be true and let us not stand in his way. Never want to see him in first grade for us again. Doing nothing special in Cup either that I've noticed in their highlights. Hull is becoming like our reserve grade. Hope Pele comes back to us one day a little lighter
  73. bradtalo

Hayward - What's Ciraldo's plan here?

Yep his biggest fault. From what Ciraldo said Gus doesn't get involved in team selections at all. Wish he would give some friendly advice on this one
  74. bradtalo

Hayward - What's Ciraldo's plan here?

Ciraldo spoke about him this week only as a hooker and lock so seems he didn't train at 7 during the off season. I hope Ciraldo isn't that much of a f..king idiot to pick Hutcho again against the Knights but it seriously wouldn't surprise me as it seems to take Ciraldo at least 10 games to...
  75. bradtalo

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

and Burton's poor left side goalkicking
  76. bradtalo

Opinion Patolo

He's f..king useless. Off contract this year. We need to f..k him off. Surely there's better middles in NSW Cup at other clubs we could replace him with. At the most he needs to be moved out of top 30 next year and go on a development contract. All he's worth until he proves otherwise.
  77. bradtalo

Agree. Hayward is actually the safest bet Sexton is still a better option than Hutcho though as he probably has at least one try assist in him per game whereas Hutcho has none. I'm a bit worried about Sexton in defence though
  78. bradtalo

Some think Hutcho is there for his defence but he lets in tries every week. Just so average in attack. He looks like Hoppa playing halfback. What about when he fell over when there was no defender near him LOL. He can't even run without tripping himself over
  79. bradtalo

Some think Hutcho is there for his defence but he lets inn tries every week. Just so average in attack. He looks like Hoppa playing halfback. What about when he fell over when there was no defender near him LOL. He can't even run without tripping himself over
  80. bradtalo

With his body language Burton looks like he couldn't give a f..k if he misses
  81. bradtalo

Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

Tracey better under the high ball. Taaffe better ball player (so potential 7). As others have said Taaffe couldn't be any worse than Hutcho at 7.
  82. bradtalo

Goalkicking too. Would have made the difference tonight. They said Burton hasn't kicked one from the sideline on the left side in how long ? Bet any money he doesn't do extras at training. Why don't they let Crichton kick those ?
  83. bradtalo

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

Yeah agree but they haven't won them any comps recently. I saw stats last week where Mahoney was ahead of Grant so far this season in just about everything
  84. bradtalo

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

Looking at the Roosters on paper last week we had the potential to be thrashed but look what happened. We still have decent forwards for Friday with Hughes who bends the line, Curran and Mahoney. Faamasuali can bend the line too as we've seen. Kautoga was pretty good in one of our trials. Can...
  85. bradtalo

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

I reached out to 2 of our recruitment managers by email following the NRL game against the Sharks. One of them (Hartigan) said he knew Tapuha because he signed him as a teenager when he was working at the Roosters. He said we were discussing him just an hour before I sent my email. Next day he...
  86. bradtalo

News 'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP

I hope Fanafou is ready for NRL in the next couple of years (by 21)
  87. bradtalo

News 'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP

'GIANT' DOGS ON THE UP The Bulldogs are delighted with the progress of two giant brothers coming through the grades. Itula and Fanafou Seve, aged 17 and 19 respectively, both play in the front row and are both on track for top 30 spots in the coming years if they continue to develop. The pair...
  88. bradtalo

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

No we never made an offer despite him proving a handful for our forwards in the trial. He also stood out in the NRL game and got over our tryline twice remember. We made an enquiry with his manager after the NRL game but he'd extended with the Sharks only days before on a development contract...
  89. bradtalo

News Seven Bulldogs players injured in win against Roosters, Ciraldo provides update

Can't wait for a Roosters player to get hit in the jaw by a defender and miss the rest of the game while Robo states post game the defender shouldn't have been sent off. Will be waiting FOREVER
  90. bradtalo

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

#@$% bet you he wasn't even on our radar. We could have made an offer to Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha from the Sharks also if we'd acted a bit sooner
  91. bradtalo

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

So Robo seriously thinks it's fair for us to lose Taaffe for the whole game from an injury caused by Young that was on purpose / careless (not an accident) but Young should only miss 10 minutes. LOL When the tables are turned he'll complain about the complete opposite as the victim and likely...
  92. bradtalo

Momentum changers.

We'd just have to make sure it's shared and not so obvious the same player holding down each time
  93. bradtalo

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Agree. If his manager is doing his job he should be sounding out the Roosters about an earlier release with at least 3 props ahead of him there
  94. bradtalo

WWOS MOLE Terrell May

Wasn't impressed by May on Friday night at all. Whyte looked much better. Signed til end of 26 unfortunately.
  95. bradtalo

No Source Bud Sullivan done deal with Dogs

Yes I never understood why we didn't pursue Sezer. Better option than Hutchison
  96. bradtalo

News Seven Bulldogs players injured in win against Roosters, Ciraldo provides update

I noticed when Kikau fended off Manu Manu also couldn't match Kikau for pace during the chase
  97. bradtalo

Momentum changers.

Yes just showed our halves have no brains. How can any decent half not know to make use of such an overlap (numbers) on the edges
  98. bradtalo

Momentum changers.

When refs are doing this against us we need to actually slow down the play the balls even if it gives away a penalty - as the Storm do. I remember reading stats about them giving away the most 6 agains last year or the year before and obviously they were purposely doing it to give their defence...
  99. bradtalo

A wins a win

Looking at the Roosters starting team on paper I was concerned we'd get thrashed actually so ANY win is amazing really. We attacked with our defence and if we can do the same we can hold or more than match any team. Back in 2002 when we went on the run of 17 games I remember our defence being...
  100. bradtalo

No Source Bud Sullivan done deal with Dogs

Sullivan has natural attacking skills though (sidestep, pace and attacking kicks) that Hutcho never had and never will. Maybe it just takes the right coach and opportunity. People said the same about Jai Field and he's killing it in Super League. Flanagan never ran the ball. Hutcho runs it too...