Search results

1. Howie B

Opinion Medical Retirements

No shock at all to see Finucane get medically retired today. We must be the only club not to rort this rule. He was no chance to last 4 years and has barely made it through 2. The sharks should be made to include some of the payout under the cap for the next 2 years. They offered him the 4...
  2. Howie B

News Gus on SEN now

For anyone interested
  3. Howie B

Opinion Josh Reynolds on BSB

I was tuning in this morning and they asked grub to go through the typical day of an NRL player. He gave an insight in to what the dogs players would do today : - Get there around 1.30 for an overall team meeting ; - After that the spine of the NRL and NSW cup teams would have a meeting ; -...
  4. Howie B

News Tom Turbo’s Sprint Coach

Reported in various media outlets he left Manly a few weeks back to join the dogs. 2 weeks later Turbo breaks down at training. We seem to be doing good stuff off the field. Getting the panthers wrestling coaches the other week as well. If Turbo had any brains he would follow the sprint coach...
  5. Howie B

News NRL Draw

Article in the DT. Hopefully someone can post. Main quote is the Bulldogs have had the toughest draw this year with us playing 14 games against top 8 teams (the most of any club) and 10 games against bottom 8 clubs (the least of any team). Yep we still suck but a change in luck next year would...
  6. Howie B

Opinion NRL 360

I took one for the team and watched it. 1. Paul Kent has been struck by lightning and actually praised Gus. Said he was smart enough not to chase a coach who wouldn’t suit our club at this time. He bagged the shit out of the tigers for the Ciraldo debacle 2. Braith is not a fan of Potters...
  7. Howie B

Opinion Tyrone Roberts

Filling in at halfback tonight for broncos. Pretty sure he is off contract next year Should be the number 1 target for Ashley and Martin in 2023
  8. Howie B

News Wakeham Suspended for Gouging

4 weeks - eye gouging Good culture we have
  9. Howie B

News Gus has been tough on me’: Dogs’ honesty session after Gould spray (SMH)

Canterbury players were spotted in a huddle holding an honesty session at the end of training after general manager Phil Gould delivered some blunt home truths on Tuesday. As Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett made it clear on Thursday there were no issues with Gould coming in and running part of the...
  10. Howie B

Rumour Segeyaro

Signed on train and trial deal Per eight ball Hooper
  11. Howie B

News 2022 Bulldogs Selections This Week

Burton at 5/8th Naden at centre Dufty left right out
  12. Howie B

News Six Tackles With Gus Podcast

Hopefully someone can provide a link. Brief summary : - Alot of work has already been done behind the scenes - Not sure how long it will take to fix us but definitely not saying it will be a long time - Whilst its important to be involved in the community the main thing is results - Sees...
  13. Howie B

Rumour Brent Read mail (Monday edition)

1. Lachie Lewis tackled Cody because in rd 4 Walker dog shotted Meaney and Lewis was sticking up for his teammate. Bulldogs hate Walker. Also confirmed Lachies hair still looked great after the scuffle (I may have made that up); 2. Finucane decision on Friday. Looks like Titans or Sharks ; 3...
  14. Howie B

Opinion Isaac

We urgently need a GM of football. Sign him up. Would be a good fit
  15. Howie B

Rumour Brent Read Mail

Finucane - looks like cowboys because they are the only club to offer him 3 years Napa - no offer from dogs. His management has been offering him to clubs at $300k. No takers TPJ - tigers back in for him because they have realised they will miss Finucane
  16. Howie B

News Judiciary

JMK out 2 or 3 Ava out 1 https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/state-of-origin-2021-queensland-maroons-v-nsw-blues-david-fifita-valentine-holmes-nrl-judiciary/news-story/51862dc04d23d69b13614f4168f3c53c
  17. Howie B

Opinion Blake Ferguson

Off contract next year Negatives : 1. He is shit 2. We have heaps of outside backs 3. See point 1 Positives 1. None Still needs a thread though to make sure every off contract player has one dedicated to them on the kennel
  18. Howie B

Rumour Telecrap Poscast

I know the majority don’t rate any of their journos so feel free to ignore. In relation to the dogs they said on this week podcast : 1. The Gould situation is far from over. We are going all out for him. Baz has been mortified by the systems in place for our pathways and we are desperate to...
  19. Howie B

News Baz on BSB This Morning

http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/7sABB9.mp3 Pretty standard. Main points : - Confident of Naden signing. Try scorer and aerial threat ; - He was at the airport and said it was a "day trip". Might be a potential signing target from another state. Might not be either
  20. Howie B

Opinion Six Tackles With Gus (re Hetherington)

https://podcast.app/round-gus-biggest-problem-with-nrl-sex-tape-e134997184/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=share I am not great on this stuff so hopefully that link works. If any fellow kennelers get a chance listen to the first bit of this podcast. After they talk about Dylan Brown being balls...
  21. Howie B

Opinion Why Does Canada Hate Us

Stick with me (and please take into account it’s late and I am on holidays). Each year the NRL hires a Canadian company to do the draw. There are many algorithms and other ism’s to take into account. Nineism, Politisism, Croweism and Gouldism just to name a few. This year these Canadians came...
  22. Howie B

Opinion Baz on SEN 1170

On soon Not sure exact time
  23. Howie B

News Its the Bulldogs and not the Panthers who are Getting Raided

First Holland gets snapped up by Macquarie Then Montoya at the Warriors Then Tolman to the Sharks Now Sue has gone to the knights We are getting torn apart from rival clubs. The NRL needs to step in now !! If someone steps in and poaches either Lewis or Napa I will fair dinkum neck myself.
  24. Howie B

Opinion 3 More Wins

I know its been spoken about many times before but I am hungover at work and trying to kill some time before lunch so thought I would see what peoples thoughts were on how many more wins we would have had this year if they got team selections right. Last night was one of the rare times this year...
  25. Howie B

Opinion Starting 13 of Players Let Go

Every year teams lose players due to the cap and making room for juniors. But I dont think any club's recruitment and retention has been anywhere near as horrible as ours has. To put it in perspective I have named a starting 13 of players we have let go over the past decade. This team would...
  26. Howie B

Terry Lamb on big sports breakfast

Just after 8 this morning. Friday legend of league
  27. Howie B

Opinion Blake Green

I follow Weildler on twitter and he is saying rumours floating around that dogs are looking at medical retirement for him. Club has denied it Circus
  28. Howie B

Opinion Saab Try

Not that it makes a difference but if someone has a minute can they screen shot on here how far offside the 17 for the Dragons was on the Saab try . It was at least 5 metres and he got involved . Don’t know how video ref missed it Didn’t cost the game though . Playing Montoya over Avo did !!!
  29. Howie B

Opinion Thank You Brent Read

Never thought I would say that but I am. Paul Kent - “Dean Pay didn’t get a fair go this year because he was coaching a reserve grade team “. Brent Read - “they won 7 of their last 10 games last year with the same squad. No one was calling them a reserve grade team then !!!” . Farkin finally...
  30. Howie B

Opinion Media Laying the Boot In

The media are acting like we killed Bambi in relation to sacking Pay. Its not painting a very good picture for potential sponsors of the club. They seem to forget that : 1. He knew what he was signing on for : and 2. No one was else was knocking down his door for a head coaching role when we...
  31. Howie B

Opinion Why Havent We Replaced CHN and Okonbur ??

What is the board doing ? The team listed this week is the worst we have ran out for a long time. I am not a fan of panic buying but we lost 2 members of our starting 13 before the season started and have done fark all to replace them. Dont we have money to spend ? Or are we just writing the...
  32. Howie B

Opinion Second Half Fades

Even though yesterday was a great effort from the boys, the trend of second half fades over recent years continued. So far in 2019 we have scored 6, 6, 4 and 4 in our second halves. It was the same problem last year as well. We started well in so many games but often faded late. And its not...
  33. Howie B

Newcastle Herald Article

NRL | Knights coach Nathan Brown says he feels for Bulldogs coaching rival Dean Pay ahead of their clash at McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday Local Sport Nathan Brown knows how desperately his side needs a win over the battling Bulldogs on Saturday night to keep their finals hopes ever so...
  34. Howie B

Canterbury’s plight highlighted by the fortunes of Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods

Canterbury’s plight highlighted by the fortunes of Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods 'Dogs lack in attack' 0:57 THEY were the major moves designed to win back respect — and competition points — after missing the finals for the first time since 2011, but the recruitment of Aaron Woods and Kieran...