Search results

1. I

Have we really improved?

Equal 3rd best defence /endthread
  2. I

Have we really improved?

Fact is we gifted them 2 tries and they returned the favour by giving us 1. Funny how that was the difference in the end, 1 try. Although, if Burton kicked all conversions it would have been 24 all. Yes, we had a 2 man advantage for 5 or so minutes, but as was mentioned by @Matty we did exactly...
  3. I

10 minutes in the bin. Only 8 1/2 minutes served.

Papalii went off with 37 seconds to go in H1 but may have been timed from the incident which was a bit earlier? Either way I thought no way was he off for 10 watching the game.
  4. I

Official Taylan May - Domestic Violence Charges

Apparently he has real cooker ideas too. I was always sus on him since he went overboard in throwing a kid to the ground (which could have easily caused serious injury) for pestering their team with a phone camera or something. Hope the alleged victim is doing ok.
  5. I

Official Taylan May - Domestic Violence Charges

Glad we didn’t get this bum… https://www.9news.com.au/national/taylan-may-penrith-panthers-charged-over-alleged-domestic-violence-offences/6c3c1ae5-f387-4871-8a9c-c291ba7e8c79
  6. I

Opinion Kikau was Concussed

The falling over at dummy half was clear proof he was in lalaland lol. He never did get a hia right? Another thing that pissed me off. He stays down after clearly copping a high shot, Klein demands he plays the ball, then puts Tapine on report afterwards and we get no penalty. Later in the game...
  7. I

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 11| Raiders vs Bulldogs

Exactly, he was fuming. Fans expecting him to go off in the post match press conference are dreaming. He’d be an idiot to do so. He will tell them directly. A lot of what they produced wasn’t good enough. Simple as that.
  8. I

It was always an uphill battle after gifting them their first two tries. Tbh you never see that. One sure but two almost identical? Just perfect errors for them to score easy tries,
  9. I

Eh well at least the Swans are dominating. I’m not a big fumbleball fan but they’re playing attractive football. Also follow another team dominating so it’s not all bad. Dogs are the team I want to win more than anything though.
  10. I

In the last half hour Mahoney, Burton, Hutch and all other potential try creators were all doing their own thing. No “connectedness” as Ciro harps on about. We need a 7 that will tell the ***** what to do and when to do it. Too many cooks spoiling the broth.
  11. I

They were good in the areas that mattered. Composure, being organised and playing tough and smart.
  12. I

Canberra are way better than Dragons lol.
  13. I

Biggest issue we have tbh.
  14. I

What’s going on here then aye?
  15. I

Yep, real talk… while the last 20 was shit and disappointing, we didn’t get flogged and only lost on goal kicks again. It’s just frustrating when you can see there’s a good team there, they just shoot themselves in the foot too often.
  16. I

Where was the conductor and organiser? That’s a 7’s job and we haven’t had him do it much at all.
  17. I

I have defended him all along but I am pretty much convinced he’s finished. Pretty sad about it too.
  18. I

You can’t write is off as bias. It was clear as day! Young grabbed him around the waist when he didn’t have possession.
  19. I

All our attacking threats did bro. No one took the bull by the horns when the game was there to be won. At least Burto was trying to create something and taking the line on. Unlucky not to create points from it and may have if we had better support play. That 3 sets on their line without points...
  20. I

Our whole left side was a mess tbh. Out of sync but still had chances. JAC just going into touch and should have simply stopped and went i side Rapana when he was in the clear.
  21. I

Give me Sexskelton or give me death!
  22. I

That was complete bullshit! Clearly tackled without the ball but no bin or anything.
  23. I

That’s exactly what I thought. We look like we’re playing in quicksand.
  24. I

What a pathetic last 20 or so minutes. No direction and beaten for toughness. Weak gutted you could say. But for the love of god fuck off Hutch and get us a controlling halfback!
  25. I

Hayward playing lock is a cheat code.
  26. I

Karl Oloapu Injury Update

I’m guessing this article stems from his appearance on the Today Show. I was very surprised to see him on there this morning and actually felt second hand embarrassment for him, before he was asked questions. He was fine though. He seems well adjusted and reasonably mature for his age. Hope he...
  27. I

News Brandon Wakeham arrested

“Arrested after training & charged with large scale drug supply.” Large scale?? …he’s fucked. Know some guys who got done by undercovers for this exact thing. One served a few years. Shiiiiit I just read the actual quantities he was supposed to have possession of. Looking at more like 5 yrs...
  28. I

News Brandon Wakeham arrested

It says he’s alleged to have supplied pingers lol. Depending on the amount he could serve time if found guilty. I’m guessing if he did supply, it was small quantities to friends and/or other players, but who knows? Anything in the hundreds plus range and you could be looking at a few years.
  29. I

Rumour Bulldogs set to Sign Angus Chrighton

It’s not that great of a pack tbh. I mean, we beat them and have (on paper) a terrible pack. Even Radley is no longer a threat.
  30. I

David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

100% …that’s why I mocked Rooters for this signing but Fifi has backflipped now. I’d say Rooters are better off that he reneged, but they just told one of the guys that also plays backrow he can look elsewhere. What knock on effect does that have now is the question. I’d imagine player...
  31. I

Lmfao stuck with Sitili and the Butchers!!
  32. I

If he’s still considering staying, he might rethink, now that they’re trying to shop Tuponiua, who they re-signed until 2027, only last November. In fact, it’s a warning to all other chooks. If someone better becomes available your position is at risk, regardless of your contract situation.
  33. I

Remember when everyone on TK were salivating at the thought of signing Koloamatagi? I think I even thought it would be a good signing lol. He’s been non-existent this season.
  34. I

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fnrl-market-watch-adam-doueihi-yet-to-sign-fresh-deal-with-tigers-club-keeps-2025-roster-spot-open-for-injured-star%2Fnews-story%2Fbbe060607fd425bd9021c471...
  35. I

Wealthy Clubs Will Kill The Game

Chooks re-signed Sitili til 2027 just last November and are now shopping him after signing Fifita smh.
  36. I

Official 2024 Indigenous Jersey

Another fire indigenous jersey! In the close-up on the top of the first pic, it looks like the outlines to those shapes is iridescent, which is mad if so.
  37. I

Semi-final intensity?

I think that has become evident after our start to the season. We matched it with Storm down there and were unlucky. The teams we’ve beaten are all low on the the table except Rooster. Most teams that have beaten us are top 4 though (Shark, Panther,Storm). I think we can expect to win against...
  38. I

Semi-final intensity?

This is something else I thought while watching. Especially the first 15-20 minutes there were no stoppages iirc. The ref was letting things flow and ignoring what might be penalties etc, in other games. I am fine with that, just wish there was consistency across all refs, but it’s interesting...
  39. I

Semi-final intensity?

I saw the same comment by a punter but didn’t see that watching. Until we let in one of the most patheticly soft tries, I saw it as a good game of chess. Both teams were well matched. In this sense I suppose that’s final-esque, but the quality of footy was a bit inconsistent and bad in patches...
  40. I

100% …they bought Fifi as a luxury and because they could. Penrith were far more needy of an elite forward but I didn’t think they should have wanted him either since prop is where they need to focus with Fish leaving. I’ve seen their fans saying Martin or Sorensen to prop, but I don’t see it...
  41. I

Opinion Skelton

But you said he was gone! Rooster also have Mark can’trememberhisdifficultsurname coming from RU next season.
  42. I

Opinion Skelton

Rumours or opinions stated as facts smfh.
  43. I

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

FUCK. HIM. OFF
  44. I

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

You’re not giving their defence enough credit. I’m not saying Kiks was at his best, but he made some strong charges and looked dangerous, but they defended him well. Alamoti was solid. He is ok defending front on but we needed to test him on his outside. As we saw last season he is shockingly...
  45. I

We need to throw some balls back under because the oppo defence knows what’s coming when we go wode. Get Kiks steaming onto it back on the inside.
  46. I

The story is so done to death and it’s not even remarkable. We have a WHOPPING 4 players from them. I’m not counting Tetevano since it was ages since he played for them and will unlikely play first grade for us. We also have a former Panthers assistant coach. Since when did 4 players and an...
  47. I

Two tries a piece and we didn’t even play well. Had some opportunities missed too with Xerriks forward pass (which was correctly ruled imo) and JAC’s kick straight to Edwards and Mahoney offside on that kick after making a break. Penrith weren’t great either, especially after Cleary went off...
  48. I

I have been extremely impressed with his recent form. Back to the level that saw him play for Australia. Chooks will probably re-sign him though. Train and trial - $30k.
  49. I

They are now well and truly OP in the forwards, but time will tell how their backline looks next year. Any other cap compliant club you’d say way too much value in the pack, not enough in the backs, but it’s the Rooters so…
  50. I

They simply can’t play all of them in first grade. Off the top of my head their backrowers are; Tupoinuia, Radley, Crichton, Wong, Whyte, Butcher x 2 and now Fifi. 8 into say 5 positions (3 starters and 2 on bench) doesn’t work. Obviously Fifi is an upgrade on most of those though, and a couple...
  51. I

Ead Panfuhs hahaha so good to see when I saw so many fans thinking they were gonna win 10 in a row with Fifi. So stupid from Rooter though when they have a great backrower still not re-signed. I’d take Angus over Fifi tbh. Hard as nails and a worker. The recent Bronco game, he was their best...
  52. I

Warren Smith the new Buz.

That shit-eating grin he has… ous ous
  53. I

Would absolutely love this signing! Angus is flying under the radar while the Fifita circus is in town. Roosters apparently offering Fifi a deal while a better player is right under their noses! Not only that, they re-signed so many lesser players before him lol. Wtf are they thinking...
  54. I

‘Small ball’ and a rugby league revolution: Are the Bulldogs back?

There’s a few on here been playing with their small balls…
  55. I

Warren Smith the new Buz.

I can’t remember such an over the top reaction to something so mundane. The way fans and some commentators are going on about Reed, you’d think he’s saying some truly awful things to get players agro, when in reality he’s just making it clear he won’t let teams walk all over us. He doesn’t have...
  56. I

To all the people saying dogs got the wrong assistant.

It’s not cocky to say fuck the doubters, about us getting the worst of the two Penrith assistants too. I’m all for it. The circle jerking about Webster’s success in his debut season was nauseating and the comparisons with our coach, despite having completely different quality squads, was...
  57. I

Penrith is awesome… …if you like traffic, methheads and bogans.
  58. I

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

Feed ‘em Gus! Them fining him is simply saying they can’t handle the truth! How many other people involved with clubs say critical things about the NRL?! Plenty I would think.
  59. I

Sam hughes contact with badger

Fought the Sammy Hughes “dangerous tackle” and lost, so doubt they try again.
  60. I

Did Reimis Smith even get cited?!? That was touching a ref on the breasts ffs.
  61. I

It was a reflex action. His focus was on the attack the whole time. He sensed her there, but may not have even realised it was the ref. Touching a ref happens a lot, yet the charges are few, and most are just incidental like this anyway. I can’t see us fighting it though since we can pay the...
  62. I

Niggle is now outlawed. Fuck the woke agenda!
  63. I

Err, that’s sexual assault!
  64. I

She’s in a bad position, Tigers go left then quickly shift right. Hughes has to change direction to account for this and does the natural thing when he’s about to collide with the ref by bracing for contact. If he hit her with any force she would have tumbled. Nothing in it as usual.
  65. I

Opinion Reed Mahoney

Probably still traumatised from being knocked senseless by Jamie Goddard lol.
  66. I

Opinion Reed Mahoney

That was soft as baby shit! Oh but the poor widdle tiggers got shafted. Pfft as if.
  67. I

Opinion Reed Mahoney

I will explain… people disregard reality and just say what fits their agenda. The agenda is somehow about how terrible Reed Mahoney is, when you had grubs like Seyfarth try to take Kiraz’s head off and Klemmer, Bateman et al all giving the ref a mouthful. No no no, what really matters is how...
  68. I

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Similar to the one Morrin was denied iirc. Grounded short then rolled his arm over it. I was happy to accept it though as it wasn’t clearly a knock on.
  69. I

How many wins will we have by round 10?

Winner winner chicken dinner!
  70. I

Mmm more yoghurt…
  71. I

Lol aged like milk.
  72. I

Yep, very happy with how we started using our best quality (defense?!) in attack in the second half. With our line speed and strong hits, they never looked like scoring. Sad and pathetic Tigpie fans reckon it was the ref though lol. Good luck with that attitude.
  73. I

Sharpe is way better l one of the best refs tbh. It’s got nothing to do with gender. Btw, Badger has been awful in the bunker too. I have never seen a ref treated so belligerently as she was tonight. She needed to stamp her authority early and probably would have avoided how heated it got. But...
  74. I

Tracey in for Taffy and Sexytime in for Hutch next week and I’ll be a happy pup! Sexy surely earnt a promotion after his game today and being in good form lately. Taffy can take Heyward’s bench spot.
  75. I

Tbf I thought most of our backs looked sluggish. Xerri when supporting JAC after Burto chipped it for him on halftime should have run away I thought, but he was running like it was a wet track. The bye almost cost us tbh.
  76. I

She lost control of the match early on. Had several Tigers come at her aggressively and let it go. Paid for it in the end with the way they misbehaved late in the game. Wasn’t she demoted after her last game for us? Or was it her last game but different teams?
  77. I

I was going to mention this. Other neutral fans too lol. Must be getting back to our old selves because we are getting hate again! We got some lucky calls but also got bs ones, like no bin for the hipdrop or potential try scoring situation (Naden penalty) on Xerri.
  78. I

I forgot to say that any win from a refereeing shitshow like that should be applauded. The ref was out of her depth and let the Tigs carry on for so long, it ended up with them pushing her over the edge a d the crap that happened before the sin bins. The way she let Bateman talk to her was the...
  79. I

Happy to come away with the win today. I knew Tigs would be up for it and was worried that we’d be flat after coming off a bye, and it’s exactly how the first half played out. What has won us games is our intensity and line speed. It wasn’t there in the first half but thankfully they switched on...
  80. I

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

Dude, you are so far off here… his physical condition is irrelevant, because they should have accounted for it if it was an issue. The fact is, they overtrained them in dangerous conditions (heat) and it probably cost one life and almost another. This has nothing to do with being mentally weak...
  81. I

News ‘Put the house on it’: Viral NRL conspiracy says Bulldogs to win 2024 premiership

Surely even science can’t ignore this pattern?! 5 decades and counting. It’s happening people! Haha
  82. I

Lloyd Perrett to sue Manly over life-threatening seizure

I’d say the opposite, not that I want to be thinking “oh yay Lloyd Perrett almost dying makes us look way better”. Fact is though, afaik there was never any imminent danger of JT dying, like in LP’s case. The toll on mental health etc by JT is still valid, but I’d say almost dying from a...
  83. I

Lloyd Perrett to sue Manly over life-threatening seizure

This, unlike our case actually sounds like gross negligence and far more serious. Life and death sort of serious. On the other hand I’m surprised it hasn’t happened more often. I wouldn’t be surprised if this “torture training “ is a common thing, but perhaps the ley issue with Lloyd was the...
  84. I

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Anasta spoke very highly of him too. Not just a hardcore trainer but a top bloke who cares about his players according to Braith.
  85. I

State of Origin would be cruel and unusual punishment in this context lol.
  86. I

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

Manly are well and truly fucked. One player dead and another close to it, from regular training exercise. Eta: Simple solution, kick them out and bring back the bears!
  87. I

Official Cameron Ciraldo Press Conference: Round 9

For sure it’s way more enjoyable reading the forum with all the enthusiasm. Call me crazy but I can’t ignore that uncanny stat of us losing then winning every alternate grand final each decade since 1974. Surely it can’t be coincidence! 5 decades so far! If it happens this year…. whoaaaa.
  88. I

Or, are they (JT and co.) placing normal work environment standards on an abnormal work environment? Just spitballing here, but if you were an NRL player, what allegedly happened was not remarkable or unusual. Like Jammer, Anasta and numerous other ex-players have said, but if you pretend that...
  89. I

Official Cameron Ciraldo Press Conference: Round 9

Tbph I am amazed at the huge swing in optimism around here. People talking about premierships and shit lol. I always note the positives when we lose, but I’m tempering my expectations. I will say though, the players recruited have all pretty much done what was asked of them and proven why they...
  90. I

Link to Magnussen comments? I just watched NRL360 after reading the reactions in here. Not as dramatic as expected but some very telling comments, especially Braith saying he was told by 4 or 5 players that were there on the fateful day that they couldn’t believe how JT has reacted to the...
  91. I

I was thinking about how this mentality may have come about for JT and when you look at his history, of playing Australian school boys and junior origin, it makes me wonder if that junior rep experience made the realisation that he may not fulfil an NRL career, may have been very hard on him...
  92. I

I don’t think they said anything wrong tbh. They were saying how it is and has to be for the elite players to be at the required level. They also said it’s not for everyone. Imo, if a player has issues, the environment is better than ever for them to come forward. There’s no shame in putting...
  93. I

Fittler coached him in u19 SOO?! I just watched the clip from the footy show with them discussing it and I don’t remember him mentioning anything about it, which is strange if he had such a relationship with JT. What they said is basically the same view of the situation, as I’ve had from the...
  94. I

How do you come back from this?

It’s similar to the shellacking one of our girls teams dished out recently. Not nearly as many points but 60-0 win by our JF boys yesterday too. When there are beatings this bad, I feel pity and sympathy because it’s like the loser is playing a different sport or something. It’s reminiscent of...
  95. I

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Is that Shaun Johnson’s music I hear?
  96. I

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

I would be amazed if they are not negotiating a new deal for him. No way in the world would they want to let him leave. It’s probably like several other player re-signings we’ve made in recent times, where it just comes out of the blue. King and Kiraz come to mind.
  97. I

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Wouldn’t work well with prime Wally Lewis ffs. From the day Ilias debuted I have thought he was never going to anything other than mediocre. Oh and btw, I’d have Sexton over him any day.