Search results

1. J

Next week v dragons

so to follow what you are saying?? our best chance of winning an NRL game is to drop NRL experienced performers including a State of origin winger and replace them with players from NSW cup. Staggering.
  2. J

Official NSW CUP Jersey Flegg Ron Massey Scores ,Squads and Team News 2024

Agree with what you are saying however. it’s one thing wanting a non transition 7 but there is no one there or really on the open market to change that. Hutchinson is the best we have.
  3. J

I don’t think Hutchinson has been terrible for us like others and to be fair Burtons improvement has largely come from Hutchinson having a steady hand and calming influence. I don’t think Sexton is the messiah the kennel experts seem to think. However we are probably at the point where he gets...
  4. J

Had 4 games not been lost by conversions, Dogs would be top 4

So you are basically saying if Burton had kicked at 100% lol So ridiculous
  5. J

Have we really improved?

We have improved off the map. we are not even 10% of where we will be though. We are still very much in a transition phase. We will still get spanked on the odd occasion and lose to poor teams. the sharks squad for example is peaking now but have been top 4 for 3 years and the core together...
  6. J

The jump from Flegg to open age NSW cup can’t be underestimated.
  7. J

NSW cup today highlights some things our fans should understand. the importance of the journeyman player. We struggled without Turpin and Sexton. O’Neill looked lost and Cook isn’t at the standard required for a big minute 9 at NSW cup level. The young guys are just that very young. There was a...
  8. J

Opinion BELMORE SPORTS GROUND UPGRADE

Drussi mentioned it in the podcast with the kennel bloke and Gus has mentioned it before. The rebuild would be 300m plus. Better off spending our money on junior development. Playing at Homebush isn’t that bad to be fair.
  9. J

Very ordinary performance. will do a review later but really outplayed in all areas.
  10. J

Heading out to the game today. Cool magic round concept for the NSW cup.
  11. J

Andrew voss commentary

What rubbish. If anything Voss loves seeing under dogs win.
  12. J

kurtis morrin re-signed for 2025

Completely disagree. Do you understand what is required to build a solid top 30 within a salary cap environment? Guys like Morrin are crucial
  13. J

kurtis morrin re-signed for 2025

Really like Kurtis. He actually has a lot more to his game than what we see. size is always going to hold him back. I would be interested to see his height and weight stats vs Cotter. When you are building a championship squad you need guys like this. Club men who don’t command much more than...
  14. J

‘Small ball’ and a rugby league revolution: Are the Bulldogs back?

Small ball won’t work on those boggy tracks.
  15. J

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

Ciraldo has to move on Hutchinson. Although he did set up some tries tonight he was very bad defensively
  16. J

Rumour Canterbury Bulldogs Chasing Leigh Leopards Forward Tom Amone

Quickly mobile and handy with the ball. Ciro prototype player. there’s not much in the market. With another few teams coming into the comp development is going to be crucial. I think a few clubs are going to be caught out in the next few years. Parramatta South’s namely. Even Penrith missed the...
  17. J

Latrell Mitchell confronts Braith Anasta

I wonder what Bennett will do with Latrell and bigger question what he will do with that roster. It’s ageing with no direction and terrible forwards. Nothing really on the market either. Could be a bad few years for Souths
  18. J

Karl Oloapu Injury Update

To play NSW cup open age football at 18 and be dominant is something only the elite few can do. If he can come back from his injury he will be a very good player for us. Ball playing lock with footwork and digging into the line. Amazingly big future ahead.
  19. J

No Source Trey Mooney

Yep in a good way.
  20. J

No Source Trey Mooney

I think Suluka Fifita will shock people
  21. J

Where Our Juniors Sit Outside Backs

Limited vision not enough to make a solid analysis.
  22. J

Where Our Juniors Sit Outside Backs

Hi all. Moving on to the wingers and centres. please remember this is my opinion only and could well amount to nothing. 1. Eli Clark - Great kid. Huge season in Flegg last year playing up numerous times in NSW Cup. High energy excellent defence and positional play is excellent. You can tell...
  23. J

Official Bulldogs sign teen star

He will come down next season.
  24. J

Your early Origin teams 2024

I’d love to see 1. Edwards 2. To’o 3. Crichton 4. Tago 5. JAC 6. Burton 7. Hynes 8. Jake T 9. Koro 10. Haas 11. Crichton 12. Okoloautu 13. McInnes 14. Watson 15. Paulo 16. Curran 17. Stefano U
  25. J

Flegg competition have a bye this weekend
  26. J

I would have preferred to see Sua play. He has already played a few open age games in 2023 and I think athletically he is amazing, of course stoked for Afualo though
  27. J

Very exciting times for some of the young guys getting a chance in open age this week. Rueben Moyle Afualo and Luke Smith getting their first games. a little disappointed Tia not named in the halves. really excited to see how the guys go.
  28. J

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 11| Raiders vs Bulldogs

I think we win comfortably. Line speed and pressure on their woeful spine. Contain their forwards.
  29. J

With Kautoga facing 4 weeks this gives Samrani an opportunity to play open age starting edge. Will be great to see where he is at. I would love to see Smith come onto the bench
  30. J

Where our juniors sit (Fullbacks) - Opinion

Hayward will be a lock. They will get him up to Plath size or thereabouts. KO I think won’t play on. Injury is very severe
  31. J

Woods is minimum 2 years away from NRL. Minimum
  32. J

Interview with Darcie McDonald, Fox League Journalist, On The Kennel Podcast!

Thanks mate. Big fan of Darcie. She puts a lot of time into the reserves coverage, speaks well and is really what a media person should be. Has she covered any nrl games yet? For me it’s a no brainer having her on the sideline for NRL. Look forward to listening.
  33. J

Gotta disagree here. I think Woods will be our long term 7 and the best since Sherwin
  34. J

News Next gen: Pathways guns in every position poised for NRL debuts

Not sure bud. I think Gus mentioned him on twitter recently
  35. J

I’ve seen nothing from Cochrane that says he is better. JJ must just think he suits the team setup more. From what I saw Wavik was impressive. I think he will be a centre
  36. J

No Source TPJ Rumours seem Legit ..

lol definitely not I think the club has well and truly moved on from him.
  37. J

No Source TPJ Rumours seem Legit ..

Funnily enough as Dumb as this sounds Pangai would be good for us in the current setup. Just play 20-25 mins through the middle off the bench. Unfortunately the price tag he sets on himself won’t allow that, at any club really.
  38. J

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

RFM Nu Brown Franklin Pele will likely be the guys. all the complaining started from the Polynesian players at the club who said it was all too hard. Funny enough TPJs brother actually works at my company. A lot of the complaining started from Ray not others as is reported. TPJ was a good...
  39. J

Thanks mate I appreciate that. I really do have a passion in watching the young guys come through. Roy Tatupu was certainly impressive in SG Ball. In regards to his first grade chances it’s hard to say. Until they can shine in Flegg and make the step up to Open age it’s really hard to get a...
  40. J

Opinion Skelton

I’m a big fan of Skelton. He just has some handling and little game reading issues that will get massively highlighted at NRL level. If he leaves to the Roosters that will be disappointing but the reality of the rugby league. Unfortunately we will see lots of our guys get poached off in the...
  41. J

Haven’t seen the article and wouldn’t give it much weight in any case. Best FG chances that I see currently. SG Ball. woods, conti, Seve, Alatini, Spinks Olivia Smith Flegg Marshall Underhill moyle Luke Smith Tia NSW cup Joash, Eli Clark, Hopoi ,Todd, Hayes Kautoga, O’Neill
  42. J

Hi all. Thought I would do a summary based off SG ball Flegg & NSW Cup players coming through. Fullbacks. - Joash Papalli - Over 20 NSW cup appearances to his name. Working his way towards a an NRL start. Positional Play is excellent. Has adapted to open age football well. Definitely ready by...
  43. J

Bailey biondi - Odo

Great news. He was top 30 I believe
  44. J

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

We are probably 10% of where we will get to as a club. A few purchases would get us there quicker but with 17 teams and the Roosters wanting every shiny new thing on the market it’s near impossible to get anyone
  45. J

They were close to full strength. we will have dsuluka Fifita join the team
  46. J

Rank your NRL fan forum's.

Bluenwhite what a shameful forum
  47. J

Have to beat the Raiders

If we limit Canberras go forward we will win easily. Good line speed just wear them out
  48. J

The referee was very questionable in this game
  49. J

NSW cup game I thought Harry Hayes stood out again. 1 Papalli - excellent positional play reads the game well progressing nicely in open age 2. Skelton very strong running the ball out of our own end. Could play first grade easily. 3. defines moderate. We probably don’t have centres ready in...
  50. J

I thought he was good tonight.
  51. J

Warren Smith the new Buz.

Buzz is a troll who just goes after the next shiny thing. He hates Gould for sure but he’s savvy enough to realise Goulds done well at Canterbury and he’s eased right off. buzz’s game plan is to agitate and create drama. Bulldogs fans bite easily so we have given him easy wins.
  52. J

News Paul Carter behind bars after arrest warrant issued.

Paul did some work for me in Construction. Very troubled guy. Sad to see where his life has taken him.
  53. J

? Bulldogs Junior

Have never heard of him and I like to think I am well across our juniors.
  54. J

News Inside The Fall And Rebuilding Of Canterbury's Matt Burton As A Playmaker

It’s no co incidence that a fitter and more dominant squad have helped Burton. He’s still young and has the world as his feet. Another quality middle and we see the real Burton. Burton in 2 years with another 50 nrl games under his belt will be crucial for our next Halfback. Whether it’s...
  55. J

News EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould 'indebted' to Bulldogs recruits but rebuild is 'only half done'

Every chance he will. We owe a lot to JAC he came at the absolute worst time. We also should be appreciative of guys like Barrett and Pay who coached squads knowing there was no hope on the horizon. The players as well that have played for us during the horrible years 2020 2021 2022 2023. Mostly...
  56. J

Rumour Bulldogs set to Sign Angus Chrighton

Hi Adam Druissi can you confirm
  57. J

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

Kiraz named. Hopefully he is ok to play
  58. J

Kiraz likely out

Wilson mentioned he had pneumonia. It will take him several weeks to get back up to full fitness. I thought he did well in the return game all things considered.
  59. J

Adam Driussi, Bulldogs Chairman, on The Kennel Podcast

Thanks mate. Some good questions. I really like Adam
  60. J

Kiraz likely out

No sadly my old man body is also breaking down lol
  61. J

Kiraz likely out

Skelton is sitting next to him lol
  62. J

Kiraz likely out

He’s limping noticeably. I hope you are right
  63. J

Kiraz likely out

Jeral Skelton here as well.
  64. J

Kiraz likely out

As I stare at him in the waiting room Waiting for an MRI. Wilson in possible or Tracey on the wing. big out
  65. J

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

If we play like that second half against Penrith we would be a good chance. Curran is our rock. Hayward was amazing fast becoming a must have in the 17.
  66. J

Round 10 team

Salmon is decent but he isn’t anywhere near Preston’s level. Wouldn’t mind him interchanging with Kikau for 15 mins to freshen Kiks.
  67. J

Rumour BBO

Very surplus. Interesting that he isn’t playing Ron Massey cup.
  68. J

Watched the full 80 live. Thought Hopoi had his best game of senior football. interesting to see what they are trying with Samrani turning him into a back rower. Harry Hayes very good. Looks incredibly fit. knight was good as well. a lot of these guys are pushing up for first grade selection...
  69. J

Rd 9 vs Tigers 3-2-1

3 Curran 2. Hayward 1 Burton
  70. J

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Oliva Smith is very promising as is Jack Underhill. I think our junior middles are actually really good
  71. J

Surely Manly are going to be in serious trouble for Titmus and Lloyd Perrett. it’s open and shut negligence.
  72. J

News 'Not that patient': Bulldogs on fast-track to success

Sharks game could have been very different. We should have been 12-0 up.
  73. J

Official Cameron Ciraldo Press Conference: Round 9

Ciro sounds strong determined and clearly knows what he needs to do and where the club is heading.
  74. J

News 'Not that patient': Bulldogs on fast-track to success

if you asked me last year how long it would take to be where we currently sit I would have said 2026. I know it’s only 3 wins but it really should be 5. amazingly for us some of the other clubs are literally falling apart before our eyes. South Sydney and Parramatta look destined to fall away...
  75. J

Fox Sports Lachlan Ilias (more of an opinion than rumour)

I did say that to a friend recently. We also have plenty of salary cap available though so not overly worried about keeping him. Like you said it’s doubtful the Roosters will go huge on him anyway as he would still require development. Burton on the other hand is probably one they would be keen on.
  76. J

Media is actually being pretty good. Plus Hould can just put Chammas and Weidler to work when he needs them. If the media wanted this to be a big deal Rothfield would have ran with it. The NRL have obviously told him to keep quiet on this one though because it has ramification on the wider...
  77. J

Fox Sports Lachlan Ilias (more of an opinion than rumour)

I actually think we will make a play. O’Neill is a damn exciting player and I’m top of the fan club but he is still a 2026 prospect. Woods even longer. if Gould secures him cheap it’s not bad business. I think Tia our other strong junior half will develop into a lock.
  78. J

Rumour Sexton hunted by Raiders

Sexton is serving a brilliant purpose as the organising 7 allowing O’Neill to adapt to open age football. O’Neills kicking game isn’t where you need it to be as an organising open age 7. Sexton is what the club needs for the rest of 2024. He is surplus after that.
  79. J

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

I have a feeling Todd will debut in place of Patolo. I could also be very wrong.
  80. J

That’s also why it won’t go to court.
  81. J

Kenty may not do nrl360 for a while

I have seen Kenty around Surry Hills pubs for years. Assuming he lives around the area. he is always loud opinionated and a huge target.
  82. J

Opinion Townsend off contract for next year

He would want 600k plus. No for me
  83. J

Official Junior Grandfinal day

Just got home from the SG Ball GF. Disappointed but the guys has been up for a long time. Not much to report. The whole team looked off. Played their grand final last week
  84. J

Each new day this things gets more embarrassing for Jackson. it looks like he has taken a lot of bad advice from those around him.
  85. J

The worst thing is the RLPA and NRL will want this to go away and not see the light of day. Wouldn’t surprise me if the NRL just pays him out to make it go away, because as Braith said this could be a landmark case. Great to see the club defend Touma because he is one of the reasons behind our...
  86. J

News Nrl360

Yep prepare for a hammering tonight from Buzz. think the others will back the club if we were still hopeless it would be a different story. when you see basically every coach player ex player supporting us you know it’s full of shit
  87. J

Rumour Sezer

I seriously doubt we are looking at Sezer. The club will likely just look for a prop that fits their culture. They may not even buy anyone and just front load contracts and promote a young guy. we have seen with Topine Nu Brown RFM and Pele what poor attitudes can do. When someone sees someone...
  88. J

News Joash Papalii focused on making NRL debut

This is what a good development system will give you. Joash when he gets his opportunity won’t look out of place in first grade and there will be young guys pushing up behind him
  89. J

Nu Brown has been at 5 clubs in 2 years. He is a gigantic waste of space.
  90. J

Nah they will eventually settle out of court. Likely he walks away with close to 1m. This is why you have to be careful and recruit the right players. The whole time Topine has been here is during the clubs decline. Ciraldo Touma Gould were the end of the free ride.
  91. J

When you see shit like this it makes sense we were getting beat by 40 points every week. The lowest standards we’re allowed to creep in by poor coaching and administration. Imagine a Penrith player complaining training was too hard.
  92. J

Official Injury updates

Has anyone heard anymore about Karl Oloapu?
  93. J

Ciraldo on SEN

Interesting to hear we have plenty of money to spend. Really doubtful we get anyone this season however you have to spend 95% of your cap. Likely some front loading of contracts and a promotion of a young player into the top 30. Gus will be working the phones to see what props are a little...
  94. J

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

Have been watching this kid all the way through. He is special. He and Woods are special young talent that rarely comes through. o Neill didn’t flinch coming up from Flegg to open age. That’s the sign of a gun player.
  95. J

Stat dive - defence analysis

Salmon isn’t a flashy player but it’s no coincidence guys like him are helping us improve. Would be an elite trainer and professional 24/7 young guys feed of it. 2 years at the club is perfect for him and not breaking the bank at all. Wouldn’t be on much more than 200k
  96. J

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

King is only playing around 50 mins per game. That’s pretty standard for your starting prop. That work load shouldn’t drive him into the ground
  97. J

Stat dive - defence analysis

Watching our lower grades they all have the same structure look very fit and fast in defence. We aren’t even at the peak of what this will look like. Think guys coming through this system for 5 years with this defensive structure. The future is insanely bright.
  98. J

News Nrl360

You can really tell Anasta wants to put him in his place. He manages Conti and would know how well the club is going and what Gus is doing. I’d love to know what he really thinks of Buzz
  99. J

Ciraldo has it right now. Drew for the first 50 then get Taaffe in. Eventually replace Taaffe with O’Neill and we are rolling