Search results

1. Alan79

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

I'm really hopeful that f/a has no bearing on whether we reach the finals. Ideally the logjam for the 6th, 7th & 8th position are a few wins behind us. If you have to rely on teams (a) & (b) to win, but (a) has to win by less than 12 and (b) can't win by more than 4 points, you probably don't...
  2. Alan79

Let's put parra in the bin

We've got a decent turnaround for this one. We don't play until Monday which will give Burton and Crichton time to recover. They'd play on a 5 day turnaround for us. Depends how beat up they get on Wednesday. I think at this stage of the season we need to start icing more games vs teams you'd...
  3. Alan79

Let's put parra in the bin

I've got a feeling we'll win this one easily. First time I've felt that way all year. I just watched enough of the Parra game this week to think the ref was carrying them vs the sharks. Unless they get a tonne of leg ups against us I think they'll run out of juice early.
  4. Alan79

News Fox out with hamstring tear

As much as Fox is an elite winger, we've got the quality to cover him without losing much. The debate about whether it's Skelton or Wilson deserving of the vacated wing is great. Last few years this would've made our fans suffer a big bout of depression.
  5. Alan79

Kiraz for Fullback

Kiraz has been one of the happiest surprises of the last few seasons. I don't follow enough of the lower grades to know a lot about the players coming through since about 2010. So Kiraz was a bit of a 'meh' signing IMO until I'd seen him play a couple of games. I quickly became a fan. I really...
  6. Alan79

Team vs eels

Assuming they backup after origin. Burton and Crichton walk back in. Wilson or Skelton in if Fox is out. I'm a Wilson fan. But he looked flat compared to usual tonight. Might be the lingering effects of his recent pneumonia. Sexton holds the 7 for mine. Not sure if Hutch goes to bench or...
  7. Alan79

Lipoi Hopoi

Nice to see Hopoi have a great debut. I'd heard plenty of raps on him. But really didn't have expectations about him. The future is looking bright now though. We've recruited well for the interim and it seems like the last 5 or so years worth of pathways expansion is just starting to pay...
  8. Alan79

Fitness

If we have lazy players on our books, they haven't been anywhere near the NRL this year. Hopefully we can maintain it all year.
  9. Alan79

Cam Ciraldo

I was worried when we signed him. There wasn't much on the coaching market. But another rookie coach wasn't exciting to me. The 2023 season had me worried. Inspite of our injuries, the defensive capitulation we regularly saw looked like it'd take a long time to turn around. Was feeling a bit...
  10. Alan79

Toby Sexton has started at Halfback in 9 games for us...

Nope he missed a couple of conversions tonight. Simply unacceptable. Send him off to play bush football.
  11. Alan79

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Rd 13 | vs. Knights | Friday 8pm @ Newy

Haha. I've watched the post game the last couple of weeks for the first time in forever.
  12. Alan79

What would SBW know about turning up for his brothers. I'd take his advice about rucking off in the middle of the night to abandon them.
  13. Alan79

I think their might've been three occasions when the refs gifted them three successive sets in our territory and we never looked troubled defensively. Impressive as There's going to be people saying the knights played poorly. But to a huge extent I think it's our defence. There's been plenty...
  14. Alan79

Incredible just to be winning after the last era of being easy beats. Nice to hear that from an opposition fan Innovator.
  15. Alan79

There's something nice about seeing the opposition fans leaving with 12 minutes to go.
  16. Alan79

Don't forget a soft as fuck binning
  17. Alan79

So they kicked the hall after a 6 again call why is it now a penalty kick?
  18. Alan79

Incredible work to save that from both of them
  19. Alan79

Morally he slaughtered an entire village of Tuscan raiders. He also broke the Jedi code and got his end wet. It's a little known fact that Jedi mastery cums when you learn to craft a force sex doll. As a youngster master Yoda spoke perfect english. Over the years he's crafted force toys that...
  20. Alan79

Official Canterbury appoints Cavallaro as inaugural NRLW Head Coach

I can't say I've watched a lot of the NRLW but it does look like we've picked up a good person to run the program.
  21. Alan79

The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

So quick interpretation of the visual. Woman has her period. The naked dude represents her PMS. She's killed her boyfriend fit leaving the butter out. Now she's apologising.
  22. Alan79

Science Stuff

I get the feeling that if they can perfect this, it'll be adapted for military applications ASAP. If it improves the lives of people with spinal injuries or allows people who aren't able to communicate verbally etc have better lives first that's the important thing. And I guess it's very...
  23. Alan79

I haven't seen much of him aside from our games with him involved. Seems quick between the ears as well as on his feet. He was chiming in nicely on backline plays. Was actually linking well with Hutchison. The change of pace kicked backline movements into gear and he was a running passing or...
  24. Alan79

News Joash Papalii focused on making NRL debut

He'll get his chance in good time. The time playing in reserves will hopefully have him a bit better physically prepared for the step up.
  25. Alan79

At least prison tats won't cost hom too much. Now I understand why MJ always wore just one glove.
  26. Alan79

All Teams F/A Penalties and 6 agains

It wasn't even coded. The guy in the bunker has just told the ref on field he'd better start leveling up the penalty count now. I'd say they've got a button down there to allow it to go to the tv feed or to stay between the ref and bunker and he's just forgotten to switch it over after...
  27. Alan79

Bit odd. But I want Thomas Cant to make a line break just so I can hear the commentary team yelling go Cant go.
  28. Alan79

All Teams F/A Penalties and 6 agains

Does anyone recall the week when the bunker was heard giving the referee instructions to level up a skewed penalty count. They just broadcast a conversation that wasn't meant to be heard by the spectators. I don't recall which game it was and can't find any of the articles about it without...
  29. Alan79

Opinion Skelton

And he was cooked by the time he got here. Went from the dogs to some bush league alongside a mining job if memory serves.
  30. Alan79

Security Cameras

He's heading over now before you unbox them.
  31. Alan79

Don't bother suggesting dickface, Cocko, Eric Shon. These bastards aren't fun. A cat looking like this deserved an adventurous owner.
  32. Alan79

Kikau Injured?

He does hit like a Mack truck though. So there's bound to be added injury risk for him and all massive units who play with some wrecking ball in their game. Hope he has a quicker than expected recovery.
  33. Alan79

I didn't even know they were collaborating on a book. Well done on getting published lads.
  34. Alan79

Official Gus on Twitter

Double up and give Critta 30k to back out too. End of the day they'll return with a bit more confidence for us. I don't like donating key parts of the team. But they deserve it.
  35. Alan79

Official Gus on Twitter

Guaranteed he'll be disappointed if he doesn't get a run. I'm over rep football these days. Our team winning means far more to me than rep games. But it's a massive career highlight for players that manage to get there. I know that Josh Reynolds on his Blues debut missed out on game time because...
  36. Alan79

Opinion Skelton

Having a handful of quality reserves knocking down the door is a nice issue to have. In recent years, Wilson, Taaffe and Skelton would pretty much walk into our 17 IMO. So it's understandable that people are frustrated thinking he's deserving of more shots than he's had. But so too are a lot...
  37. Alan79

Random stats at this point of the season

The big positive to our growth this year as a team is that it's not been instant. If we'd started with a three game winning streak, I'd have been over the moon. But we've fought hard for nearly every win and just as hard to ensure our losses could have gone either way with the bounce of a ball...
  38. Alan79

40 Points

Theoretically it's supposed to mean some of the abundance of talent eg Kiks and Critta are forced out. But they're not meant to leave to a club with arguably as much talent already on their books. And it's not just the clubs with some abundance losing players they need. It's the clubs that...
  39. Alan79

Dad jokes

If you want to write be sure to set up a space specifically for it. Like a man grove Jack.
  40. Alan79

News 'Disguised it all week': Toby Sexton reveals 'crazy' masterstroke from Bulldogs coaching

I honestly think that hard work was what got Flanno jr there rather than natural talent. There was never a question IMO on his fitness or commitment. But he just didn't have many arrows in his quiver with deceptive attack. Nepotism is going to give him more chances to establish himself than...
  41. Alan79

News 'Disguised it all week': Toby Sexton reveals 'crazy' masterstroke from Bulldogs coaching

Sexton said he and the team knew on Monday. So Hutch wouldn't have found out in the dressing sheds.
  42. Alan79

Players hated Flanagan, RFM and Nu Brown

Welcome to the kennel Shane.
  43. Alan79

Kikau Injured?

We'll miss those brainstorming runs when he's asking for ideas. Really creates hesitation in the defence having to think and defend at once.
  44. Alan79

Players hated Flanagan, RFM and Nu Brown

I've never been a Dargons fan. But I have a bit of sympathy for any fan that's just watched their team drop the soap in a prison shower. He's got one premiership. That's clouded by cap cheating (with the reports that they'd set up a scheme to keep cheating the cap moving forward) and a whole...
  45. Alan79

Official Taylan May - Domestic Violence Charges

It won't require waiting on the turkey neck to not look cool. I'll go so far as to say that it identifies him as a moron and a wanker now from a distance. Only redeeming feature is that it's not RISILIUNCE or something stupidly mis spelled.
  46. Alan79

Yeah. I'm not fit as I once was. I'm going to guess that running with a maniac chasing me is as likely to kill me via coronary issues.
  47. Alan79

Or a potential amputation if you surprise her a bit too much.
  48. Alan79

40 Points

I think people are forgetting to a small extent that a 50 point haul before repeat sets were in the game was really fucking rare. Maybe 2-4 a season. Now 2-4 in a week is common thing. There's going to be teams that cop 5 or more 40-50 point losses this year and you can almost guarantee they'll...
  49. Alan79

2024 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Here's 30k to have a week off most likely. But you might get a run if someone's illegally knocked out. Even without the 30k it's an enticing carrot.
  50. Alan79

I've read through this thread because I'm curious about which of our players the fans think deserve origin berths and why. I don't think anyone from 2-5 would look out of place. And if you're looking for some no frills doing it via fitness and willpower forwards, take a pick from our forward...
  51. Alan79

Official Gus on Twitter

The major problem with the three million estimate of house price is at least a portion would know the club is over a barrel more with each house they bought. The holdouts would know that they've got incredible power to negotiate if we had to own every house. I recall the upgrade at the magpies...
  52. Alan79

Are we heading into a five game winning streak?

Well it takes like 6 minutes of talking on a 20 minute or longer vid before they have established the scenario. Spoiler alert. I know she's going to get nekkid. Are you proposing I leave the little CEO waiting in the office until a more appropriate starting time?
  53. Alan79

Official Gus on Twitter

For what it's worth a camera in the current bunker would be interesting. During games where say Sutton or a senior turd, sorry, senior ref sits in do they get seniority in the room etc? The potential to over rule the others? It'd be interesting to know if there's always someone in there that can...
  54. Alan79

Official Gus on Twitter

The thing about bringing kids through is you don't go too crazy on weights etc too soon or it can be damaging. They'll have him on a diet that encourages healthy growth and I'm sure they're giving the kids practice with getting techniques right before they encourage them to go too crazy with...
  55. Alan79

Once bitten twice shy. I can understand the reluctance to commit more than tentatively to hope. It hurt losing like we regularly did last year. So while it's a much more palatable season. It's still unclear if we're a top 8 team still finding the final elements of composure required to ice the...
  56. Alan79

In all honesty I don't think any team is safe from us if we fire on the day. Unfortunately we're still having some periods when that includes us though. We've shot ourselves in the foot in prime scoring range. So no win this year is unexpected. Neither is any loss. I'll be hopeful of winning...
  57. Alan79

Was going to say something along those lines. If Burton is picked we've got Taaffe who'd slot in nicely at 6. Hutch and Sexton might get the nod. Hayward might also be an option. Critta is a big loss. But switching Kiraz to a centre spot won't disrupt him much and either Wilson or a spmewhat...
  58. Alan79

Is it time?

It's been a huge turnaround defensively. And out attack is much sharper. The big question is, did the roster just imptove to NRL standard or did the coach have equal input. I hope we've found a long term coach that can adapt over time and keep players committed. I'm not jumping to that...
  59. Alan79

Presser Vs. Dragones

Runs in the family. Post game address to his players. "Aside from Kyle, you were all shit"
  60. Alan79

The problem for sharks trying to soften their cold blooded killer image is the expense of dentistry. They replace their teeth every month of so. So it's a constant expense.
  61. Alan79

Sexton looked pretty good last night. Injected himself on both sides of the field. I think that bit of added pace really allowed the left edge to step up their games.
  62. Alan79

Jacob kiraz

With a new and less air headed coach at the helm. Anything is possible. However I'm a selfish bastard and don't want him missing for one week possibly two. Big ups to the guys calling for him to be axed last week. Love your work guys.
  63. Alan79

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 12| Bulldogs vs Dragons

Beautiful pass from Sexton there. Good presence of mind from the newly dubbed ball hog to pass back inside. I fucking love a bulldogs feeding frenzy.
  64. Alan79

3 converted tries is better than 2 converted 1 missed. 18 points is doable still with the refs help. And to be honest I thought Xerri grounded it barely
  65. Alan79

Too busy watching the floodgates open for that.
  66. Alan79

People wanted kiraz to drop to reserved this week :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
  67. Alan79

I want to see them score 30 more points. But a win by 1 would do me Wow. Try confirmed
  68. Alan79

Still in it boys.
  69. Alan79

Double quoted the same post for this. Life's been tough for Kenty. Since hix recent concussion he can't even recall which are his and which his wife's clothes.
  70. Alan79

Paula when 'she's' dressed that way please.
  71. Alan79

Or is he just really full of shit?
  72. Alan79

News Diddy

Realistically money corrupts. For those of us without it, we'll spend the best days of our lives pushing shit uphill to get it. For those with more than they need, there's no need generally to bust their ass earning it, so many enjoy it in fucked up ways.
  73. Alan79

What are you going to spend your $200 million on?

I can see you back here in 4 months having spent it all building a castle of toasters. This is my crib Xzibit. It's made entirely of working toasters. You can't use the bath though. What? Yeah toaster bath too. Don't bloody add water. The stripper founcd out the hard way.
  74. Alan79

News Josh Jackson The True Bulldog

Only thing J-Moz did that pissed me off was having an injured ligament removed to rush back for origin then promptly ended his season in that origin game (same knee fucked out I think).
  75. Alan79

I have every shout on my Skyrim character who's max level mage.
  76. Alan79

News Josh Jackson The True Bulldog

Glad to hear he's found a way to keep contributing. If he can give them some portion of his determination and work ethic they'll all be better players.
  77. Alan79

My housemate told me once about this little Asian guy that came to the country town I live in during the 60's who cross dressed in public. You can imagine that this didn't go well for the lad at that time. But turns out his other hobby was some form of karate which meant he taught the black eye...
  78. Alan79

Social Media Papali leaving tigers

By my reckoning this still leaves Penrith with some coin handy if another big name pops up. I'm wondering if Penrith did their negotiations before or after the club decided he was excess to requirements.
  79. Alan79

If he shows up when you're stuck in traffic and breaching you'll love toiletman. I can't see her big heart, but I'm looking in the right direction.
  80. Alan79

In loving memory of Habs, founder of The Kennel

Condolences to you and your family Nash. Nobody can say much that's helpful for grief. But I hope you have plenty of loved ones around to help you get through this.
  81. Alan79

‘I’m still blamed’: Jamie Soward lifts the lid on controversial finish from 15 years ago

To be fair he had a killer short kicking game which pinned a lot of opponents in goal for line drop outs. Probably as good as peak Sherwin IMO with shorts kicks and Shifty is my favourite half since I watched the game. So that's a huge compliment. That was pretty much the only arrow in Sowards...
  82. Alan79

‘I’m still blamed’: Jamie Soward lifts the lid on controversial finish from 15 years ago

Both really. Soward is a piss weak **** that still can't admit that taking that dive, costing us the minor premiership was a shit act.
  83. Alan79

NRL rocked by Magic Round cocaine drama at Suncorp Stadium

FFS. There were probably hundreds of people caught with drugs on a weekend away to Brisbane. Real fucking classy that they're going to try and make news of this.
  84. Alan79

Opinion The Gus Way

We'd done a lot of work clearing the decks of over paid under performing players before Gould agreed to join. We'd also begun expanding into untapped regions with our junior production. And Gould actually had offers to join when we were deeper in the shit which he declined. So I'm not...
  85. Alan79

I'd say AI made his fingers look like sausages. But in this case it might be about perfect.
  86. Alan79

Filling removers.
  87. Alan79

Assuming she's had those installed so she can lie on her side without fear of rolling over.
  88. Alan79

Official Tom Amone Signs with Bulldogs

Maybe he won't do much for us. But he looks like he might be a point of difference if the highlights are anything to go by. I know those reels can be misleading. But the club is scoring pretty well with recruitment of late in a bare market.
  89. Alan79

Perhaps it was as partially on coaching deficiencies. Some of my favourite players over the years have been reserve grade pickups that have quickly shown massive improvement in our systems. I'm going back to Vagana, Patten, Shrek, A.Ryan days for examples of when we regularly made those...
  90. Alan79

I just watched some highlights from the last couple of seasons. He has a knack for popping a short pass to put players through a gap. Also seems to have good timing in support runs. There were quite a few examples of tries where he's burrowed over from close. But he's also hit quite a few gaps...
  91. Alan79

Was wondering WTF this was about. But I recalled the mop story at maccas.
  92. Alan79

Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) Canterbury Bulldogs Chasing Leigh Leopards Forward Tom Amone

Sounds like they're pretty disappointed with the prospect of him leaving. And if we've actually signed him I hope he impresses us as much when he joins. But I know bugger all about him. And even though he's virtually unknown on here, if this doesn't come to fruition, it'll be the biggest miss...
  93. Alan79

Girl walks into plastic surgeon. "I had these inflatable arm floaties as a kid. I think that look would go great as lips.
  94. Alan79

Mines fishing. I have lures I've never opened, but no desire to stop buying.
  95. Alan79

No Source TPJ Rumours seem Legit ..

Manager yelling at staff. "I told you not to feed the hobo until after the fight. He was damn near comatose until he ate that cheeseburger.
  96. Alan79

No Source TPJ Rumours seem Legit ..

If you add him to the mix when the starting players have worn the opposition out he can do ok. But he's still going to command way more than he's worth IMO. I get the feeling he's going to opt for the easy road whenever he can until his sporting days are over. Even Bellamy will have his work...
  97. Alan79

Opinion Daniel sulka Fifita and Ryan Sutton

Whether Suluka Fifita works out or not it's a decent bit of recruitment given how hard a big forward is to come by right now. I doubt he cost us an arm and leg. So it's up to him to buy into the culture and hit the training paddock hard. Because I don't think he's going to walk into the 17...
  98. Alan79

News Maybe I was wrong’: Former Bulldogs skipper lifts lid on Ciraldo methods

I get that it's a typical thing for journos to write these type of articles from former players before facing the team they've spent years with. But this one had a lot of crap that was always going to seep into it. RFM might've been better off staying away from it. It does sound like he'd...
  99. Alan79

When I was little I saw two dogs playing piggyback. Somewhere along the way I learned that it was something entirely different. Point I'm getting at is that this is how little space passenger carriers are made.
  100. Alan79

Time for Ciro to be BRAVE !!!

I can see both sides. It gets pretty repetitive sometimes seeing the same criticisms. I get that some of it is venting, some constructive. But it's enough to annoy some people. My pet hate is debate around the price tags of players. Ultimately this place is about exchanging or debating...