Search results

1. B-Train

3 games in a row against teams coming off a bye

Lots of talk about refs, them coming off the bye.. We had a two man advantage and had every chance to win the game. Too many excuses.. Good teams don't make excuses.. We shot ourselves in the foot all game and us losing had nothing to do with refs, the schedule etc..
  2. B-Train

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 11| Raiders vs Bulldogs

I think we'll bounce back in the next few weeks but it depends on how they respond. There was so much hogging and poor plays in defence, you'd hope that gets addressed and emphasised this week in training..
  3. B-Train

I honestly think it was just an intensity/mental thing. Same thing happened against the Roosters when they had 11. We score those tries and think the game is over and stop wrapping up the ball and moving the ball. Plus we had gaps everywhere in defence which weren't there before... That was a...
  4. B-Train

To be fair Strange was very good and is an impressive young player
  5. B-Train

That's a frustrating loss. We completely clocked off and dropped the intensity once they got back to 13.. Somehow we looked buggered and flat in attack in the last 25 minutes
  6. B-Train

My daughter has come up with the nicknames of Kit-Kat and Sheep Boy for Kikau :tearsofjoy:
  7. B-Train

Critta is showing his class tonight
  8. B-Train

Even when they get back to 13, keep targeting the Raiders left side defence. They've been vulnerable down that side all game.
  9. B-Train

Hutch is having his best game of the season so far. He's shown good vision and skill in attack
  10. B-Train

Latrell Mitchell confronts Braith Anasta

Latrell being so sensitive to pretty minor critique of his game shows that he'll never reach his potential fully as he doesn't use this stuff as fuel to motivate him to greatness. Instead of shutting everyone up by working hard and improving, he wants them to stop giving an opinion so he can...
  11. B-Train

Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

I wouldn't mind that. I'd hope they stay up. It'd be good to have another big club with tradition in the PL..
  12. B-Train

Fair enough. Le Tissier was one of the most skilled and creative players of my youth so I always root for them. Whenever West Brom have been in they've been a boring defensive team..
  13. B-Train

Why don't you like Saints?
  14. B-Train

Leeds are through to the playoff final.. Saints and West Brom play tomorrow for the other spot.. I'm cheering for Saints as I always had a soft spot for them going back to the Le Tissier days..
  15. B-Train

I'm just glad we play first in tragic round so we don't have to risk playing on a ripped up surface after 8 games in 3 days..
  16. B-Train

Karl Oloapu Injury Update

I was expecting him to miss the full season. Neck surgeries are nothing to fuck with. Hopefully he has a strong recovery and preseason and can stay healthy and realise his potential.
  17. B-Train

Opinion The Power of having Gustovos in Charge ..

Any club that agrees to these clauses is moronic and allows themselves to be held ransom by players and their managers. I'm glad we have Gus who doesn't allow this bullshit. It means we'll miss out on certain players, but you don't want situations like that hanging over your head anyway..
  18. B-Train

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

It's good to see Villa make the CL but a lot of the time that can ruin a club like Villa the next season and the season after as the squad depth and budget gets tested more than ever. Look at Newcastle.. Hopefully Villa fare better but it's hard to see them making the top 4 again next season.
  19. B-Train

David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

Good.. It's better for the comp if the talent is spread around a bit. The Roosters didn't need Fifita anyway..
  20. B-Train

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

That was a nervy as fuck game. I almost broke the TV when Akanji made that error. Ortega made some huge saves after coming on..
  21. B-Train

Hopefully. Ciraldo has done a great job this season but Salmon offers very little outside of solid defence and should only be playing 20-30 minutes whereas Preston offers so much more impact in attack and defence.
  22. B-Train

Same team. I hope Curran plays more than 45 minutes and hope Preston gets more minutes. He needs to be starting instead of Salmon.
  23. B-Train

Your early Origin teams 2024

This is why I said that picking early Origin teams months ago is pointless. Every year there are more and more injuries to key players because of the six again bullshit speeding up the game too much..
  24. B-Train

possible knights salary cap breach

He may be pissed off but like I said, no other club is paying him $1.4 million so he's most likely not going anywhere for a while.
  25. B-Train

possible knights salary cap breach

I'm sure nothing will come of this. I can't see Ponga leaving when no one else will pay him close to that much on the cap, let alone with the TPA's as well.
  26. B-Train

Wealthy Clubs Will Kill The Game

Credit to you for being impartial as a Roosters fan and seeing what everyone else sees. Clearly the salary cap isn't working or isn't policed properly and the TPA system is a joke that gets rorted badly. The Roosters signing Fifita is the biggest luxury signing ever when like you said, your...
  27. B-Train

2024 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Couldn't care less at this point. I refuse to watch more of this shit. Should cancel my Kayo subscription. It's beyond a joke now
  28. B-Train

2024 Round 10 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I switched off after that. That's the worst sin binning of all time. They've completely ruined this sport.
  29. B-Train

Opinion The 6-agains and Penalties hurt Big Time ..

The six again rule is the worst thing that's happened to Rugba League. The sooner they scrap it the better. But that will only happen if/when V'landys and his muppets aren't running the NRL, so who knows when that will be..
  30. B-Train

Do we take enough risks in games?

We run the ball on the last more than most teams. Our attack has looked better this season but we played the best team in the comp in wet weather last night. Even then, we still made 6 line breaks compared to their 3... I'd like to see us offload more but it's obvious that Ciraldo values...
  31. B-Train

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

Even my 8 year old daughter (without me complaining about the reffing) kept saying "This referee just wants the Panthers to win"... It was hilarious. I've never been prouder of her... :tearsofjoy:
  32. B-Train

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

It doesn't matter what we think or want, Ciraldo isn't going to make massive changes when we only lost by 6 to the defending premiers and created more chances than them..
  33. B-Train

It's frustrating to lose but the positive for me is that we aren't far off the best team in the comp and we easily could have won if we converted some of our chances or prevented their two scrappy tries which we should have had covered. It shows how far we've come in a season that we're...
  34. B-Train

Official 2024 Indigenous Jersey

Nice design.. That's a cool looking jersey..
  35. B-Train

NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Standard Celtics loss today. Jack up a million horrible contested 3's with 20 seconds left on the shot clock and not have a plan B.. We'll still win the series but as I keep saying, Mazoulla is the worst coach still in the playoffs and will probably ruin any chance we have to win a title with...
  36. B-Train

News Inside The Fall And Rebuilding Of Canterbury's Matt Burton As A Playmaker

I'm not saying he's anywhere near the finished article or he still hasn't still got areas to improve.. But he's definitely taken a leap forward with his kicking game, running game, involvement on both sides of the field and defence. Plus the left side is looking great with him running it. He's...
  37. B-Train

Haha.. It's all good man.. Never took it personally and always respect your opinion. We disagreed on this all along but every fan will be happy if he can keep these performances up.
  38. B-Train

The Roosters are fucked.. I'm sure Fifita won't get that extra 200k a year made up to him in any way.. And of course he'd rather play for less for a team that hasn't won a comp in years instead of joining the 3 time defending premiers.. The comp is so rigged.. The Roosters fuck their own...
  39. B-Train

I still can't believe half the forum wanted Hutch and Sexton in the halves instead of Burton or for him to be dropped/cut completely... I'm happy that plenty are giving credit where it's due now though that he's improved on his weaknesses... Hopefully he keeps that form up and keeps developing...
  40. B-Train

Official Gus on Twitter

If Woods shows that he can't handle the frontline defence in the halves as he rises through the grades, then he can still become an elite fullback because he can just as easily play there and dominate with his speed, passing ability/vision and ability to make defenders miss...
  41. B-Train

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

The NFL make a fortune off of NFL Gamepass and NFL Films and just sold their rights for $11 billion which is a 75% increase on the previous deal. The NBA and MLB also make a tonne off their own league passes etc.. The NRL make more each deal, but nowhere near the growth that the game deserves...
  42. B-Train

The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

So dumb.. They've got nothing else to play for and need their best players out there for the whole game. Sometimes these managers overthink things and outsmart themselves.
  43. B-Train

The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

It's crazy how often Real get these late wins in the CL year after year. DNA and culture is an overrated term in sports but it absolutely applies to Real in the CL..
  44. B-Train

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

The NRL should be producing and broadcasting the games themselves, having their own streaming service like other big leagues do and then sell the service to Fox/Kayo/9 and make way more money than they do now. Sure it would cost a lot to set up, but would make them so much more money and not...
  45. B-Train

Minny winning like this doesn't surprise me as Ant has gone to another level this season and has that killer instinct. Most importantly, he plays lockdown D unlike most other superstar scorers and has that swagger and competitive vibe about him that Kobe had..
  46. B-Train

Foden is brilliant as well. But Palmer isn't far off and is a special player. You can see why I was blowing up so much before the season when it was rumoured we were selling him. And the fee was nothing for a player of his ability. City would have won the league by 10 points with Palmer. I...
  47. B-Train

I'd be targeting Alamoti all game in defence. Rush up on Luai and force mistakes out of him as he's not the same player this season.. Build a wall around Cleary and don't fall for his dummies.. We can win if we do those things and limit our errors.
  48. B-Train

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

I'm amazed he didn't say they were unlucky not to score 6 and that they're one of the best attacking teams in Europe as per usual.
  49. B-Train

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

I can't wait for Ten Haag to spin the positives after this game.. Palace have been in good form to end the season. They have some dangerous attacking players that bigger clubs will target. But United are so, so bad and are a long way off even mid table teams at the moment.
  50. B-Train

Sam hughes contact with badger

I saw this thread was at 14 pages and was wondering why, worrying that Hughes got suspended for a few games or something. But now I see why.. For what it's worth, 99% of people on here weren't being misogynistic in any way, so I'm not sure why it was a talking point for 14 pages.
  51. B-Train

David Fifita?

Fifita gets a bad wrap. He's way more consistent these days and has gotten better with his defence, effort and fitness. He's the most naturally talented forward in the comp. I doubt Gus and Ciraldo are even looking at him but you could easily move Preston to lock (where I think he ends up...
  52. B-Train

That will be good for the comp...The most talented forward going to the 3 time defending premiers.
  53. B-Train

Yeah it's a crazy effort. First team to do it to make the PL since Southampton over 10 years ago. It shows how even the Championship is and how quickly you can become a contender and how quickly you can get relegated...
  54. B-Train

I'm happy that QPR and Wednesday stayed up too.. It's between Leeds, Saints, Norwich and West Brom for the playoff spot. Saints are probably the most likely but anything could happen. Wouldn't mind seeing the Canaries back up..
  55. B-Train

2024 Round 9 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

For sure. It seems like they encourage that at Fox Sports. Ginane and Smith do it too. Although the muppet that replaced Rabs at 9 is worse than all of them. Can't stand him
  56. B-Train

Rd 9 vs Tigers 3-2-1

3 - Kikau 2 - Kiraz 1 - Burton
  57. B-Train

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Great work by Burton. Couldn't have a better response in this second half as a team so far. That's the sign of a good team. Hopefully we finish it off
  58. B-Train

Xerri isn't as fast as he was but he was going against one of the fastest in the comp in Staines. That was our most exciting play of a dull and flat first half. Hopefully that gets us going in the second half.
  59. B-Train

He'd be everyone's dream. And a good fit with Brunson. But I reckon he wants to stay with the Suns and the Suns don't own any of their picks til the end of the decade after trading them all for KD and Beal, so there's no reason for them to tank and rebuild.
  60. B-Train

Mitchell and Brunson wouldn't be a good fit though. They're both ball dominant guards and Brunson is killing it without another guard scorer.. The Knicks need a great 3 or 4 who can play on and off the ball. Siakam would have been a good fit.
  61. B-Train

Harris and Lowry combined for 0 points. It's tough to win playoff games when two starters disappear like that.
  62. B-Train

@Shanked Magic/Cavs is a close series but Wagner getting blocked by Mobley should have never happened if he just used his left hand on the left side like you coach any kid to do. That's just basics. It's amazing how many NBA players have flaws in their basics. If he used his left hand, he...
  63. B-Train

The Celtics responded well the last 3 games to put the Heat away. Hopefully Kristaps doesn't miss many games the next round.. I can't wait for Nuggets/Wolves. Think it will go 7 games and think Minny can win.. OKC should win their series. The Knicks choked that lead so badly being up 6 with...
  64. B-Train

News NRL probes Gus over spray

I love Gus' comments, I wish more clubs would call the NRL out. Hopefully some of these rules get changed.. But... He was always going to be fined considering how sensitive the NRL are and how they fine you for any comment. It doesn't matter that he's a media personality. He's also the GM of the...
  65. B-Train

Opinion Team for 2025

No offence man but let's just enjoy the present now that we're finally playing good footy and being competitive before we worry about next years team.. I love Woods but I doubt he'll be ready to start by round 1 next year. O'Neill is way more likely. Hopefully Oloapu makes a healthy return but...
  66. B-Train

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

The club folded 35 times in the last 5 years according to Alzz..
  67. B-Train

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

There are certain waivers and stipulations in their deals already. But maybe they have to adjust it and change the wording even more.
  68. B-Train

Lloyd Perrett suing Manly for training collapse - the floodgates have opened

I'm not going to comment on the legitimacy of Perrett's case or situation but it's a massive concern for clubs and the NRL that there will be dozens of these cases now..
  69. B-Train

I'm not saying she's not bad. I'm just saying the Tigers are worse and lower than us on the ladder. There's every chance they get hammered with 6 agains worse than us. Usually bad refs like her favour the better team. Let's see what happens. I'm more worried about how we play than the refs.
  70. B-Train

Who is to say we will in this game? Unlike Sutton who we have a shit record under, we haven't played many games under Casey Badger. If she's bad, hopefully she's equally bad for both sides.
  71. B-Train

Yeah I corrected it. Somehow glossed over him at lock. Haha
  72. B-Train

Preston is in the Reserves. Assuming he comes in. It's great to have Mann back...
  73. B-Train

There's no point worrying about the refs. If we're good enough we should smash the Tigers regardless of who is reffing or in the bunker.
  74. B-Train

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Of course they don't instruct him to get tackled on the 4th. Can you explain the benefit from a tactical point of view of having one of your two kickers in the team tackled on the 4th so they can't kick or be a passing option on the 5th? If they rush up on Burton, and Mahoney passes from dummy...
  75. B-Train

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

No coach would instruct either one of the halves to get tackled on the 4th. You want as many kicking and playmaking options as possible available on 5th tackle. Especially now that you can't have blockers in front of the kicker..
  76. B-Train

There's every chance they drop points.. Forest are 17th and had all of the best chances and should have scored 3 or 4 goals.
  77. B-Train

Kenty may not do nrl360 for a while

What a classy guy Kent is..
  78. B-Train

I'm happy to see Isaac healthy. He's an elite defender. Suggs is a great defender too. I've always loved Franz's game. He's really underrated.
  79. B-Train

2024 Round 8 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Fuller has been great for the Dolphins. They should leave him at fullback when Hammer returns and put Hammer at centre.. Armstrong was impressive for Newcastle.
  80. B-Train

Good response by your Magic the last two games, especially for a younger team in their first playoffs to rebound like that.. Every game has been a blowout so far. It will be interesting to see how the last 3 games go..
  81. B-Train

Fox Sports Lachlan Ilias (more of an opinion than rumour)

As I said in the Dodd thread... Ilias is average as. He isn't a FG half.. Sexton is better. And O'Neill is way better than both of them. There's zero point signing or even considering Ilias.
  82. B-Train

Rumour Dodd

Ilias is very average. I don't think he's a FG half. Sexton is better as a backup for now and O'Neill will be way better than the both of them.
  83. B-Train

Aside from the first two games, Api has been ordinary this season and can be a defensive liability. NSW have limited options at hooker if not Api with Cook out of form.. Robson might be the most reliable, even if he isn't flashy at all.
  84. B-Train

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Disappointing result for the boys to lose a GF but they've still had a great season and a bunch of them have a future in FG. There are still plenty of positives and I'm sure they'll learn from it and a bunch of them will do well in Flegg..
  85. B-Train

Minny own the Suns. The Suns big 3 isn't a good balance. I think only Denver or Minny will win the title. I can't see Boston or any other team from the East beating them. I think Minny match up the best with Denver and are the only team who can beat them..
  86. B-Train

You're right, nothing would surprise but you'd hope common sense would prevail and they'd see that it was nowhere near as bad as they're making it seem and wrestling sessions are a part of regular NRL training..
  87. B-Train

I don't wish injury on anyone and it's hard to get revenge these days.. It will never happen but I'd love to see Thibs start someone like Achiuwa and take Embiid's legs out on the first play while he's in the air and see how he likes it..
  88. B-Train

I only just saw the Embiid play on Mitch Robinson. That was disgraceful.. It's a joke that he wasn't ejected. He should get a multiple game suspension for that. I've never seen anyone do that at any level, let alone the NBA. You'd think someone with as many knee injuries as Embiid would know how...
  89. B-Train

No one claims to know anything. In essence the premise is fine but this is a public case and there's such a thing as public opinion. Of course we're not deciding anything. Of course the issue has to be played out legally. But in any high profile case or incident, people are going to have their...
  90. B-Train

The majority of people haven't made harsh personal comments towards Topine. They're just disappointed and surprised that he would go down this path and think that he doesn't have a strong case at all.. He's claiming a deprivation of liberty. You don't think that sounds a bit extreme? He's...
  91. B-Train

Gutherson loses on his 57th challenge attempt
  92. B-Train

It's crazy how often you see the team with a man in the bin score a try
  93. B-Train

DCE got that one wrong. That was a Lachlan Lewis-esque pass
  94. B-Train

Sutton is so blind. He's gotten every call wrong. That was an obvious shoulder charge
  95. B-Train

Fuck Gutherson and his challenges. I swear he gets 25 challenges a game
  96. B-Train

Enjoy it while you can. V'landys will probably find a way to ban it soon after banning kick offs
  97. B-Train

NRL 2025 Player Movement Topic

Finefeuiaki is a good pick up for the Dolphins.. Sanders will be a great buy for Canberra. He wouldn't have cost a tonne and could be a long term starter in the halves for them. Although Sanders and Strange are both 5/8ths and Fogarty is their only halfback so it will be interesting to see...
  98. B-Train

True but still, he looks like since all of his hammy problems that he plays within himself way more this season, doesn't back up as much and passes way before the line more often. He definitely doesn't have the same amount of explosiveness on a consistent basis as he did a few years ago.
  99. B-Train

Is Turbo even playing tonight? He looks like he doesn't want to be there..
  100. B-Train

Both of these teams are average as fuck.