Dale Finucane calls time on career effective immediately!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow. I always remember telling Todd Grenburg that both Dale and Jacko should be a priority to keep at the club. That was before Hasbeen got free rein over the team and didn't give Dale much game time.

Well, we all know that Dale left but it would have been good to see him as a one club player like Jacko..

Wish him well...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's suffered a tonne of concussions during his career so good on him for retiring when he has and hopefully he has a happy and healthy life after his FG career.

He was as tough and fearless a player as there could be. He was one of my favourites at the Bulldogs and I was gutted when he left for Melbourne..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good luck in retirement Dale.

Will NRLol be insisting some of his contract amt be still on Sharks salary cap like Jacko on ours? Or is this different?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All the best to him, great bloke.

..on the other hand the sharks, interested to see how the NRL handles this - should still be on their books for the remainder of the year at the very least.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck in retirement Dale.

Will NRLol be insisting some of his contract amt be still on Sharks salary cap like Jacko on ours? Or is this different?
Is he staying on as a trainer or coach? Didn’t South’s get away with that too with Inglis or S.Burgess can’t remember

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All the best to him, great bloke.

..on the other hand the sharks, interested to see how the NRL handles this - should still be on their books for the remainder of the year at the very least.
I wonder if they will treat concussions differently so say a chronic knee injury. If they are serious about the head knocks they should

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
interested to see how the NRL handles this - should still be on their books for the remainder of the year at the very least.
I don’t think there’s any suggestion that they get cap relief and that’s probably why the Sharts CEO specifically said that Dale will ‘continue to work with the club in an off-field capapcity’. They have to pay him, they have to find a way for him to earn that money.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Six grand finals, achieved a hell of a lot, gunna miss seeing him go around, all the best in life after footy.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The fact he only played 5 games for NSW says a lot about Blues selection..

It's a real shame we couldn't keep him.. one of the hardest working tough competitors in the comp over many years.
Was thinking the exact same thing when they showed it on NRL 360. He should've played about 20 Origin games.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Losing Dale had a massive negative impact on our off field standards and we have suffered since he left until now. Very Glad the NSW selectors couldn't recognize an Origin player if he bit them on the ass. Stay healthy in retirement legend.