David Fifita now not signing with Roosters

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gold Coast Titans and representative forward David Fifita is reportedly set to meet with a Sydney club over the next 24 hours.

After losing James Fisher-Harris to the New Zealand Warriors, the Penrith Panthers have been on the lookout for a suitable replacement and have been linked with players such as Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu.

Now, reports have emerged from The Sydney Morning Heraldthat the Panthers are set to meet with David Fifta over the next 24 hours as the club consider entering the market to recruit his services.

The club has around $1 million worth of free salary cap space for next season following the high-profile departures of Fisher-Harris, Jarome Luai and Sunia Turuva.

According to the publication, he is set to sit-down with three-time premiership-winning coach Ivan Cleary and has yet to trigger the player option in his current deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

It is understood that he has until this week (Round 10) to trigger the clause in his contract that will see him remain in the Gold Coast

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Time to shake this titty loose from sunny QC and head to the foot of the mountains

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That will be good for the comp...The most talented forward going to the 3 time defending premiers.
imagine what a pre season could do for fifta at Penrith i wouldn’t even want to know.. he would be a SuperCoach elite for 2025 if it happened

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely we have a dodgey developer partner who can top up a TPA for this bloke, apparently Penrith are richer than us lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If I were Panthers I'd throw everything at him and move Martin to FRF.
8. Leota
10. Martin
11. Fifita
12. Sorrenson
13. Yeo

15. Smith
16. Henry
17. Geyer

They are still easily dominating with that pack.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d go all out for him if we keeping Curran at prop with king and Hughes.

Kikau and fifita and Preston at lock…

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Talk about a massive downgrade lol

Josh 'lazy' Schuster

At least Fifita tries out there
True but he’d also be around half the price of Fifita’s reported salary. Helps their cap position and probably gives them other options. Assuming that’s actually what ends up happening.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They probably shouldn't have low balled Kikau :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
They had a whole bunch of other guys on good coin still at the club then. If Fish doesn’t ask for a release I’m not sure they are in the market for Fifita.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They had a whole bunch of other guys on good coin still at the club then. If Fish doesn’t ask for a release I’m not sure they are in the market for Fifita.
It turns out having the best junior base in the known universe, doesn't Always help . . . They want compensation for development, but want to poach players too . . . Fuck them in the face !! . . . It will be magnificent when we beat them this week . . . Using the players they lowballed EAD Penrith :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: