Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It seems a million light years away from the times Kennellers, some joking/some not joking, ....we have missed that player and now missed that one and some provided lists of who Gus didn't sign.

Nowdays we are knocking back this one and that one bc they don't work hard enough or don't have the character to buy into Gus/Ciro's vision and systems.

We have come a long, long way :grinning:
Have they been banned or just quiet?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Have they been banned or just quiet?
Wasn't specificly meaning them but dunno about their status.... No way they'd volunteerily go quiet tho I'm guessing lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is 650 really that low? Apparently Leota is only on 450 and that deal was done last year
It's probably close to right for what he's worth going off his current form. Leota only plays 40 minutes a game which hurts his value. The best middles in the game that play good minutes are worth 1m imo.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably close to right for what he's worth going off his current form. Leota only plays 40 minutes a game which hurts his value. The best middles in the game that play good minutes are worth 1m imo.
Either player would command more from lower placed clubs.. Leota may only play 40-45 but in that time he and Fish dominate.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That team would push a few teams for a top 8 finish. Epsecially with a firing Korisau. To be fair very few have left and kicked on to a greater height though. We are only seeing the best of Kiks the last few games. Capewell, Staines, Burton never stood up once out of the system.
Capewell killed it at the Broncos.. Burton is playing some of his best at the moment and Staines wasn't great at the riff so I'm sure the system is great but these players are playing as expected in my opinion. Critta has grown to be the buy of the year with his leadership and development of our group. Kiks and Fox both playing well with Burton and even Xerri is thriving from his early ball. Give the players credit

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Capewell killed it at the Broncos.. Burton is playing some of his best at the moment and Staines wasn't great at the riff so I'm sure the system is great but these players are playing as expected in my opinion. Critta has grown to be the buy of the year with his leadership and development of our group. Kiks and Fox both playing well with Burton and even Xerri is thriving from his early ball. Give the players credit
Burto also played a different position at Penrith

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It seems a million light years away from the times Kennellers, some joking/some not joking, ....we have missed that player and now missed that one and some provided lists of who Gus didn't sign.

Nowdays we are knocking back this one and that one bc they don't work hard enough or don't have the character to buy into Gus/Ciro's vision and systems.

We have come a long, long way :grinning:
We certainly did come a long way, without elaborating we did knock back AFB before he signed for the Fish
Surprised, don't be :-)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We certainly did come a long way, without elaborating we did knock back AFB before he signed for the Fish
Surprised, don't be :-)
I’m not surprised. I just don’t believe you lol.

Start of year we looked like a basket case. Needed a prop urgently. Clearly we never had any chance as he wanted to go to sharks and Gus decided not to be left looking like a flog like the dragons did.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone but Gus would have panicked buyed…. And we’d still be in an endless spiral locked in contractually for years
We aren't totally out of the woods yet but confidently speaking we can't be in better care, John Khoury and the board new exactly that hence why he vigorously pursued Gus's signature, he isn't perfect but he is perfect for the job !!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton has been great the last month. Really standing up and running a lot more when needed. Not sure if its him settling in as a half or if its Hutch taking the direction off him and just simplifying his game, but he has been very good for us, and rightfully deserves to be in the discussion for SOO. And I was just talking about ex Penrith players :p not sure what the fox and Xerri has to do with that :joycat:

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton has been great the last month. Really standing up and running a lot more when needed. Not sure if its him settling in as a half or if its Hutch taking the direction off him and just simplifying his game, but he has been very good for us, and rightfully deserves to be in the discussion for SOO. And I was just talking about ex Penrith players :p not sure what the fox and Xerri has to do with that :joycat:
Have a read again and you can see its Burton and his service from his position that is growing. He's definitely building his game with Kiks and Xerri Fox are benefiting from their performances. Critta another ex Penrith player who's made a difference away from the system so that's my point. SOO selection should have Critta already in the team sheet. Burton at the very least as their 14. Fox and Xerri will struggle with Burton gone in the club team to have the same impact as I don't think Sexton or Hutchison will present a similar threat and defences will number up on Xerri 100%.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Panthers will go hard now
I hope they do and use their cap space. Im really hoping Titans continue to suck and Tino gets cold feet like Fifita. We can offer Tino that pub again on the quiet lol.