News Josh Jackson

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still burns me that Jackson didn’t get a send off!

I know he retired in the off season but the club could’ve done something for him.
I thought there was a send off and some fanfare pregame at BankWest stadium with Jacko and his family?

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Years later Josh Jackson will most probably end up coaching our first grade team similar to another great, Steven Folkes.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Being made a life member and coach of a junior grade team with a path for bigger responsibility later is well looked after. Jacko is a country lad who doesn’t like much fuss and probably didn’t want any fancy send off.
True, it probably was offered, but even his timing of announcing it says he didnt want a fuss. And he hasnt gone anywhere anyway, hes still heavily involved with the club.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
True, it probably was offered, but even his timing of announcing it says he didnt want a fuss. And he hasnt gone anywhere anyway, hes still heavily involved with the club.
Yep, he said more than once he wanted to be a one club man and it seems that way even in retirement. He’s an asset for the next generation of Bulldogs.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Being made a life member and coach of a junior grade team with a path for bigger responsibility later is well looked after. Jacko is a country lad who doesn’t like much fuss and probably didn’t want any fancy send off.
I get all that mate but sometimes it’s actually about the fans wanting to say thanks also. He lead us through some really tough times and deserves the kudos - he’s an absolute legend of our club in my eyes.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I get all that mate but sometimes it’s actually about the fans wanting to say thanks also. He lead us through some really tough times and deserves the kudos - he’s an absolute legend of our club in my eyes.
I agree that he’s a club legend. The members got to engage with him at the 2023 AGM when he was made a life member and even then he seemed a bit shy. I get that the fans more generally would’ve loved to say goodbye and I’m sure the club would’ve asked what he wanted - it just wouldn’t surprise me if he said ‘nothing’. He’s a very humble fella ol’ Jacko.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Keep him involved with the juniors, send him to the pro coaching courses. In about 3 or 4 years when Pots retires give him the cup team. Then he can do an apprenticeship under CC. CC was an apprentice for over 10 years, it isn't a bad idea to take time figuring things out. We can go from CC to JJ in about 15 years time.

Now what we need is an apprentice for GG...
hahaha