Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus Gould has been spotted in a secret meeting with Ilias agent over the weekend so I would expect him maybe to be joining the bulldogs as a 23 year old halfback they both have said “ he is a excellent player “ and can only get better and there is room on the roster for Ilias

so boys I wouldn’t be surprised if he does join the DOGS

Imagine he becomes the next best thing we never know he is young and can only get better

I’m not saying he is exactly but there are only very few halfbacks in the competition if we can pick him up cheap go for it 100%

and they said they are concentrating on the existing juniors we have

Last edited:

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You want your halfback to get caught on the 4th, so we are left with only one kicking option? Tell me which other team does this? This is not a game plan, this is due to Hutchinson being so slow that by the time he decides what he wants to do the defence has rushed up leaving him with no other option but to run.
To be honest I’m not surprised with your response. You love a good counter argument just for the sake of having a different opinion. I think if someone told you that the sky is blue you’d google or Wikipedia some stat that says it’s pink
I think we'd have to go case by case, most of the time that's happening I think the defence rushes up and Hutch doesn't want to force a ball, risk an error and rather let our attack work on the next tackle or try go for repeat set. It's ok.

Who knows, he may also be doing the direct opposite to Nathan Cleary esque who keeps passing then when he feels he's getting predictable and sees tired defenders takes the line on. Those scenarios haven't popped up yet to be done right or something else pans out. Whatever happens, I think the system, coaching, squad depth, is prepared to keep things or keep improving. No need to stress about that part of the game for now

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus Gould has been spotted in a secret meeting with Ilias agent over the weekend so I would expect him maybe to be joining the bulldogs as a 23 year old halfback they both have said “ he is a excellent player “ and can only get better and there is room on the roster for Ilias

so boys I wouldn’t be surprised if he does join the DOGS

Imagine he becomes the next best thing we never know he is young and can only get better

I’m not saying he is exactly but there are only very few halfbacks in the competition if we can pick him up cheap go for it 100%

and they said they are concentrating on the existing juniors we have
If Gus was gonna.chase a half for next year, I reckon it would be Townsend.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gus was gonna.chase a half for next year, I reckon it would be Townsend.
so we sign illias for a short term 2 year. contract than piss him off and bring in Woods into the team? I don't see this happening...it doesn't make sense as I can't see illias signing for 2 years and then leaving...I'm sure he would want stability

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
so we sign illias for a short term 2 year. contract than piss him off and bring in Woods into the team? I don't see this happening...it doesn't make sense as I can't see illias signing for 2 years and then leaving...I'm sure he would want stability
Townsend at 33 though, maybe.

Hounddub

Waterboy
Reaction score
Given the retirement news of Keary yesterday I'd be more inclined to see Ilias in a Roosters jersey next year.

Braith does get on with Uncle Nick too

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Gus was fairly clear last night that the plan is to develop young talent for the halves, not buy anyone.