Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm liking that Cameron keeps referring to the fact there are games we should have won.. he is confident in himself and the team and isn't aiming just to do better than last year, he knows if we get it right we can play finals footy this season

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm liking that Cameron keeps referring to the fact there are games we should have won.. he is confident in himself and the team and isn't aiming just to do better than last year, he knows if we get it right we can play finals footy this season
Yep. And the noise coming out of the club that the players are disappointed they didn't win. Really really good signs from the boys.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in at "mow the lawns" ....

Can never be a bad night when that's involved ...

However, being honest I think I should be the winning part of any bet. I'm fucking magic and anyone would be lucky to have a night with me.

Let's do this
Why is it when you post im like ready to place my hands over my ears and go la la la la la... lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths are still just 4 points behind us. We really need to win this game tomorrow.

Squirtlevstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The fact we nearly beat Melbourne with a player missing after 3 minutes should give us all hope in making the 8 this year.
The boys are coming together real nice and on both edges we have units and speedsters.
Quiet amazing this has been all done of the back of the small pack.

Dogs are paying $61.00. Bookies could get caught with pants down and bent over this year.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the cows beat the john west rejects tonight by 25 but no more than 40 we move up to 7th on the ladder. Yay!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The fact we nearly beat Melbourne with a player missing after 3 minutes should give us all hope in making the 8 this year.
The boys are coming together real nice and on both edges we have units and speedsters.
Quiet amazing this has been all done of the back of the small pack.

Dogs are paying $61.00. Bookies could get caught with pants down and bent over this year.
Even the Panthers wouldn't win the comp with Hutchison as halfback.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most teams can be defeated by our team, factors involved, timing, etc dogs just have to keep putting in a performance and a bit of craftiness here and there. Plenty of teams are potentially just like Parra, ready to crumble, some running hot at the moment. We look like a team that opposition need to be on their game otherwise we'd win. Already saw it with a couple (and possibly the sharks game till end) that we could've won.
We've seen the best of some teams and I don't think they can keep at it throughout the season as they are but Bulldogs have depth and look like we're gearing up to regular performances.
Well the win against Tigers will help as that will keep us in the 8 until round 10 and if we lose to Panthers we are still among the pack. The big game I reckon will be against the Raiders the week after as we seem to be jostling with them in and out of the 8.

That will take us to round 12 against Dragons where we are expected to have players available like Fifita and Sutton which will boost out forward depth. But we may be without any origin players. Luckily we have a lot of utilities to plug holes lol.

Maybe lose Critta and put Kiraz or Tracy in centres and lose Fox and put Wilson and Tracy on wings. Lose Burton and in comes Sexton to get his chance.

Last edited:

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if the cows beat the john west rejects tonight by 25 but no more than 40 we move up to 7th on the ladder. Yay!
22 all at the moment. It doesn't really matter who wins. If the Phins win then the Cows fall further behind the Dogs. If the Cows win the Phins come closer to the Dogs. That means the Dogs win only be one or two wins away from top 6 and then top 4 because more teams will be only 2 or 4 points apart. So long as we win the games we should win and jag one or two we were not expected to win then we will keep in touch.

In saying that one or two loses can drop a team 2, 3 or even 5 places. Its so close the comp. Our p/d is in the positive which is good as most teams under us are in the minus and no team in the top 8 at the moment has a negative p/d. Theres 11 sides between 5th and 15th who are 4 points apart. We are technically 1 point outside the top 4 lol. Thats how close it is.

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2nd week in a row we are in the top 8. It’s close and a loss next week will likely kick us out but it’s nice to be there for a change…
It is going to be a hard ask against Pantsers, but we need to keep winning, our 8th position is a bit obscuring because the 8 teams that are within 2 points of us in either direction only 2 others have had a bye, Eels (3 wins) and Phins (5 wins). Raiders are below us but have more wins. Good thing is our for against is decent.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a bit of a buffer now between 9th and the rest of the teams after cowboys lost last night, hopefully dragons lose as well and stay on 8 points.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
After panthers we have
Raiders
Dragons
Knights
Eels.
Besides panthers they’re pretty winnable games. We could cement ourselves in the top 8 if we win 4 out of the 5.