News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats totally right... Not sure what Topines case is but im assuming Bullying and Harrassment in the workplace leading to anxiety and depression compared to like you said the death of player.

Im not even sure how Topine's case will work considering the main argument against the claim would be that he wasnt singled out as it was a punishment based on disciplinary reasons for ALL employees.... Burns coming out saying he endured the same punishment really screwed Topines case.

I see a very stagnant hearing ending in a settlement for this one... Topine will probably end up with a less than a quarter he is arguing for.
the bulldogs can’t be seen giving him 1dollar. It’s the principal in front of the other players and future players. Unfortunately we need togo all in and not give him a cent.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the bulldogs can’t be seen giving him 1dollar. It’s the principal in front of the other players and future players. Unfortunately we need togo all in and not give him a cent.
I totally agree... More so for the NRL than anything and I would assume they would be backing this outcome as much as anyone.

Its just I dont see it ending without getting really messy hence the settlement.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats totally right... Not sure what Topines case is but im assuming Bullying and Harrassment in the workplace leading to anxiety and depression compared to like you said the death of player.

Im not even sure how Topine's case will work considering the main argument against the claim would be that he wasnt singled out as it was a punishment based on disciplinary reasons for ALL employees.... Burns coming out saying he endured the same punishment really screwed Topines case.

I see a very stagnant hearing ending in a settlement for this one... Topine will probably end up with a less than a quarter he is arguing for.
But what the Titmus outcome has done,is publicly highlight the potential for these training sessions to go too far. Whilst both scenarios are different, they both happened at training and you can bet that topines legal team will be referencing the Titmus case incessantly.

Last edited:

Juniorluke

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely Manly are going to be in serious trouble for Titmus and Lloyd Perrett.
it’s open and shut negligence.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What will be interesting in the Titmus case is that Perrett was like a warning to Manly and the rest of the NRL. Manly should have learned after the Perrett incident. Titmus happened several years later and was almost an identical mechanism based on reporting. In the first case, you could argue that it was a freak event/accident; no one could have known the outcome. But you can't use the same excuse twice.

Topines team will try to draw parallels, but they really are two entirely different scenarios. Yes, they both occurred in training and could highlight that clubs can go too far. However, this will not help justify their argument that the training/punishment went too far.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What will be interesting in the Titmus case is that Perrett was like a warning to Manly and the rest of the NRL. Manly should have learned after the Perrett incident. Titmus happened several years later and was almost an identical mechanism based on reporting. In the first case, you could argue that it was a freak event/accident; no one could have known the outcome. But you can't use the same excuse twice.

Topines team will try to draw parallels, but they really are two entirely different scenarios. Yes, they both occurred in training and could highlight that clubs can go too far. However, this will not help justify their argument that the training/punishment went too far.
Perrett was denied water, that is his case right there, it is indefensible. Topine's case comes down to psychological harm, so it is in a completely different category.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But what the Titmus outcome has done,is publicly highlight the potential for these training sessions to go to far. Whilst both scenarios are different, they both happened at training and you can bet that topines legal team will be referencing the Titmus case incessantly.
The fact they were both indoor sessions too will hurt.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can they put in as evidence how discipline and punishment have improved the teams fitness level? Lol

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Buzz the drunk reckons bulldogs players will support topine in court saying it wasn’t wrestling, it was humiliation…

Get fucked any currently player will support him…10000% it’s useless ***** like RFM and Nu Brown

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Buzz the drunk reckons bulldogs players will support topine in court saying it wasn’t wrestling, it was humiliation…

Get fucked any currently player will support him…10000% it’s useless ***** like RFM and Nu Brown
Ex Bulldogs player lol.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Don’t forget pillow, those two boys you just said are playing for the dragons now. If they want to continue playing league and in a team, doubt they are going to rip apart a former club, former team mates, former coaches. I’ll be gobsmacked if they go all out against us then probably won’t see those two boys in a NRL club after their current contracts

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

What time of night was this article posted, I wonder if he was drinking?

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
James Graham said it'd actually be negligent if the clubs did not train them that hard and prepare them for 80min of what is the toughest game out there. If the clubs don't train them hard enough there would be more injuries and players would suffer more. Gee I love JG. Still a Bulldog at heart.