Kahlid Rajab

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Goodluck to him. I must say if was a player that would be predominantly in reserve grade, not many better places to be than Newtown. Hopefully he has a good time there and embraces the joint.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was never going to go far at the dogs tbh,even his younger brother got shafted from sg ball

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid had some skill but was never able to take his game to the next level, other kids came through and overtook him. Hes only real choice was to leave if he wants to continue his career in rugby league, I wish him well.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching him in reserve grade a couple of years ago playing alongside Hayward, he seemed more skillful and played off the cuff better....

But he got thrown into a very poor 1st grade side desperate for immediate results and was found out defensively.

Hayward seems to be "luckier" in that he is in a better team that can help him develop into firat grade better.

I feel its bad timing for Rajab and becomes a player who may be better off going elsewhere to resurrect his career.

Good luck to him.

Dogahol

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching him in reserve grade a couple of years ago playing alongside Hayward, he seemed more skillful and played off the cuff better....

But he got thrown into a very poor 1st grade side desperate for immediate results and was found out defensively.

Hayward seems to be "luckier" in that he is in a better team that can help him develop into firat grade better.

I feel its bad timing for Rajab and becomes a player who may be better off going elsewhere to resurrect his career.

Good luck to him.
This is a pretty shit take on the situation

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a pretty shit take on the situation
Why do you say that?

He wont be the first or last player to look bad in a poor team. Sometimes its best to jump ship and move to an environment that has less pressure for immediate success -evwn if that means going from 1 reserve grade team to another.

Our team over the last 6 or 7 years hasnt been a place to buy yourself time to develop. Unless you came as a known prospect on decent coin, you weren't afforded the luxury of warning to a position.

Just look at Alamoti, Averillo and co. It was sink or swim. Only Kiraz, Preston and a couple of others have managed to navigate the waters...