Longevity

doint12

New Pup
Reaction score
I was wondering how many people who are members of the kennel, have been supporters of the Dogs for a period of time. I myself was given membership to the club for my 21st birthday in 1974. This year would be 50 years since I became a member. Although it lapsed sometime ago. I did follow them prior to then and remember all the good times and bad. Bruce.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was wondering how many people who are members of the kennel, have been supporters of the Dogs for a period of time. I myself was given membership to the club for my 21st birthday in 1974. This year would be 50 years since I became a member. Although it lapsed sometime ago. I did follow them prior to then and remember all the good times and bad. Bruce.
G’day mate.

Looks like you are a similar age to me, my 21st birthday was in January 1975.

I went to my first game in 1958. Thus I have seen the unlimited tackles, 4 tackle and 6 tackle eras.

Played my first game in 1962, and reffed my first game in 1970.

I‘m not a member anymore and I only go to games occasionally, but I am still passionate about the team, and hope to see them win another GF in the not too distant future.
Glenn

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't remember exactly the first game that I saw. I was born 1948, in a private hospital opposite Belmore Oval. My father used to put me on his shoulders to watch the game from the time I could walk. Didn't join as a member until my adult life.

Only a casual member these days, as the cost for a season ticket and parking is way more than for a Foxtel subscription. Travelling sees me miss watching some games these days. I'm off to the Gulf of Carpentaria today to host a tour of the Savannah district. Out of mobile range for much of the time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can't remember exactly the first game that I saw. I was born 1948, in a private hospital opposite Belmore Oval. My father used to put me on his shoulders to watch the game from the time I could walk. Didn't join as a member until my adult life.

Only a casual member these days, as the cost for a season ticket and parking is way more than for a Foxtel subscription. Travelling sees me miss watching some games these days. I'm off to the Gulf of Carpentaria today to host a tour of the Savannah district. Out of mobile range for much of the time.
Born at that hospital as well Chris. Enjoy your hosting of that tour :grinning:

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve been Bulldogs mad since I was 4 in 1985 and been a member since 2018. Any Dogs supporters living in Perth??

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was born in a little hospital across the street from Belmore Sports Ground (it's no longer there) in 1961 and was taken to my first game when I was about one or two years old...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was born in a little hospital across the street from Belmore Sports Ground (it's no longer there) in 1961 and was taken to my first game when I was about one or two years old...
I was told that private hospital was turned into a nursing home now? Is that so?