Official Cameron Ciraldo Press Conference: Round 9

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I completely get it! I feel like as the rounds go by we are building and are gelling. The loss to souffs really did hurt us as fans because its a game everyone brings up and we should have won. When we were down 10-0 I assumed the flood gates were coming because that's what we did last year, as soon as the opposition rack up points we just give up and let them pile on more, but we as led 12-10 half time I'm like fuck we're actually back in this.

This game is a crucial win but I think it wont be as easy just because they're the tigers, you never know what can happen and especially the refs decisions. Defence is what will win for this one, shut every player down.

Walked past the stadium on my break as I work around here and I cannot wait til Saturday already. I think it's been a long time since we're waiting for our team to actually compete and win games again.
I go to the Good Friday game every year with my family and last year we bought my nephew. He’s a tigers fan and despite the heavy loss he started to get behind the dogs during the game. He came again this year wearing a dogs training shirt so looks like we have a new recruit :tearsofjoy: it was a terrible feeling losing but I walked away thinking we’ll win some games this year if we play like that.

For me the loss down in Melbourne almost didn’t feel like a loss. We were missing some good players and still competitive with a top 4 side in their own backyard.

I agree this week is an important game. Although I think we are better then a few of the sides we are coming up agaisnt in the next month they will be desperate because the season will start to slip away for a few sides that had hopes to make the finals

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. We just need to be patient as this ye.is very green.

We still need to learn how to consistently win together and that's going to take a while.

The main thing is that our processes and structure is becoming a habit, so the performances and ultimately wins will follow suit.

Need to be patient though as we're still a long way from where we need to be.

Really excited about the upcoming journey
Fuck being patient we are winning the title in 2024. It’s written in the stars :tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bro you would seriously hope not although as @maroondog72 pointed out there is a lot of talk when we lose and some of those people vanish when we win. Poor energy.

I’d rather be proven wrong with my opinions 100x over if it meant the dogs were going to win.
Surely everyone does prefer to have the team going well and the coach coaching well rather than loosing and being pessimistic. There is no reason to complain this week lol...we can check back on Saturday in the Game Day thread tho I guess :grinning:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely everyone does prefer to have the team going well and the coach coaching well rather than loosing and being pessimistic. There is no reason to complain this week lol...we can check back on Saturday in the Game Day thread tho I guess :grinning:
I’ll have the shits but I’m not going to throw the toys out of the cot if we lose. We have been playing well for a few weeks now. I do however expect to win.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ll have the shits but I’m not going to throw the toys out of the cot if we lose. We have been playing well for a few weeks now. I do however expect to win.
Feel the same. If we lose: it's not the end of the World bc we know the future looks sound. There's no false hope now or wing and a prayer. We have a team working well for their coach. We should win if we play to our strengths and although this game is super important, we aren't the finished product and may falter before we get there. Fans have every reason to look forward to success. It's inevitable :grinning:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Similar I too think we have the Tiges measure everything being equal.
Where I'll be different to some fans is if we suffer an honourable loss against the 3peat premiers next week i won't crack the shits
Some will I gtee it.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The closer this game gets the more I feel like Saturday is going to be a bad day for the tigers, CC and the boys are going to make a statement in this game IMO. Ciro will want to beat the panthers badly, and he will use this game to get the boys red lining, we are going to get the panthers at a good time, their attack is very clunky and they are winning games through pure defensive resolve but they are starting to look a bit ragged after a tough game against the cows and then the short turn around into the bunnies last night. can't wait for Saturday.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The closer this game gets the more I feel like Saturday is going to be a bad day for the tigers, CC and the boys are going to make a statement in this game IMO. Ciro will want to beat the panthers badly, and he will use this game to get the boys red lining, we are going to get the panthers at a good time, their attack is very clunky and they are winning games through pure defensive resolve but they are starting to look a bit ragged after a tough game against the cows and then the short turn around into the bunnies last night. can't wait for Saturday.
hownstly the first 10-15 minutes of last nights game I’m like wtf panthers but I’m starting to see what CC has done for their club and ours in terms of commitment to defence etc. add to that how much critta was to that team vs in our team now. It’s clear as day that we are starting to see the impact of our club benefiting with how we are travelling. Now that fisher Harris, turvua, luai are going, to me it sounds like panthers are going to have a different 2025. Whereas us we are only going to continue getting stronger, better and more polished