Dogs turned the corner last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Miyagi

I reckon the dogs played alright last night and would have won with better ball control and execution.
Next week you will see an improved performance and will kick start the season with a win over manly.
Both the dogs ad broncos will make the 8

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Can only hope that you are right but I was thinking the same after we beat the Warriors. I really expected them to beat the Broncos. Was let down badly again.
If we dont beat Manly, we may aswell forfeit the rest of the season and start working on catching the ball and ball control in general

M

Mr Miyagi

Can only hope that you are right but I was thinking the same after we beat the Warriors. I really expected them to beat the Broncos. Was let down badly again.
If we dont beat Manly, we may aswell forfeit the rest of the season and start working on catching the ball and ball control in general
I did not rate ther win over te warriors as anything special tbh.
They played a team of 12 men and struggled.
I was more impressed with last night than against the warriors.
Dogs should have won if they controlled the ball.
Need to make some changes on the bench though.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I felt the same way after Newcastle, Then the Sharks game, The Cowboys, Then Warriors.

The broncos just confirmed to me that the dogs are playing like spastics (no offence to the mentally handicapped).

If you can not catch and hold on to a ball you are in the wrong sport. They do not seem to learn from their past losses and only seem to be able to score when the game is gone.

Maybe before every game the coach should show the players videos of games where they have already lost and say to them, it is ok the game is over, you can not win from here just go out there and accept the loss. Then they will fire up and score all the points ala Vs THE COWBOYS and Sharkies.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Spartan Warrior...

If the dogs played like they did against the Warriors they would've had 40 put on them by the Broncos.

If we played like we did against the Broncos against a 12-man Warrior team we wouldve thrashed them.

Although i seriously think DJ offers us nothing, Roberts is a much better 5/8

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
17 straight wins is just a distant memory now.
I would kill just to see us win 4 in a row at the moment. If we dont do that, we are basically finished for the year anyway.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see back to back wins.

Or atleast 1 win a month.

riomhach

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I found plenty to be positive about from this game. I know we lost and we had handling errors, but our attack was fantastic. Down the right side we found so much space! If only we held the ball because we let Brisbane off the hook. If we can hold the ball we will be menacing again.

I refuse to be all 'wo is me, the season is over, the dogs are crap this season.' I take the good with the bad.

Perhaps we have turned a corner...

kebbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah were definately on our way to stringing a few wins togethor after watching lastnite all we need to do is emphasise ball control and not throw un needed passes or panic wen we make a break

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
reason why im not confident of making the 8, is due to our last 3 games of the season (broncos at brisbane, storm and cowboys) not sure if we will beat manly next week, their attack hasnt been great but their defence has been very good.

M

Mr Miyagi

reason why im not confident of making the 8, is due to our last 3 games of the season (broncos at brisbane, storm and cowboys).
Whats the bet we beat the broncos and cowboys next game if we are back to full strength.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread Spartan, i agree i thought we really started teh game well last nite, we just need 2 be more consitent and be able maintain more pressure when we have the ball. This can be done by not losing possesion and more control of the ball. We were in the game yesterday but just could not excute. Lets hope we can keep a similar linup with minor changes and excute better against a good manly team next week. Defence will also have 2 lift as usual.
I want 2 see 2 major changes :
* DJ out ---> Roberts in
* Perry out ----> Mcillwain or Ngawini in

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Great thread Spartan, i agree i thought we really started teh game well last nite, we just need 2 be more consitent and be able maintain more pressure when we have the ball. This can be done by not losing possesion and more control of the ball. We were in the game yesterday but just could not excute. Lets hope we can keep a similar linup with minor changes and excute better against a good manly team next week. Defence will also have 2 lift as usual.
I want 2 see 2 major changes :
* DJ out ---> Roberts in
* Perry out ----> Mcillwain or Ngawini in
I agree with Spartan as last night's game wasn't that bad, we just need the boys to hold the ball and we'll get more wins under our belt.

I also agree with the changes you've suggested infernal. Perry has to go, as does Holdsworth. He needs to work on his general play aswell as alot of other things.

I'm not sure Folkes is willing to bring Ngawini in just yet though which is a shame. I'm not saying he is our saviour, but trying him won't hurt us, we're practically finished for 07 anyway.

Roberts would bring alot of needed spark in attack. I thought we missed his attacking flair for the parts of the game I've watched.

Also, Tonga + Winitana in the centres would be an awesome pairing. If you line Winitana up against Lyon, I think Winitana will show us abit more of his potential.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those linebreaks Roberts made near the dying moments of the game against the Cows would've done well against the Broncos..

DJ offers us nothing atm..i'd be very surprised if his still in the team against the Eagles.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
reason why im not confident of making the 8, is due to our last 3 games of the season (broncos at brisbane, storm and cowboys) not sure if we will beat manly next week, their attack hasnt been great but their defence has been very good.
We just have to take it week by week I guess. They are 3 tough games but Lockyer, Thurston and Cronk could break their legs by then and then they are 3 easy games :-)

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. Just saw the replay for the first time. I think some exciting times are coming up. I really do.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon the dogs played alright last night and would have won with better ball control and execution.
Next week you will see an improved performance and will kick start the season with a win over manly.
Both the dogs ad broncos will make the 8
If it wasn't for the fact that the bulldogs have had the same ball control and execution problems since Round 1 of this years competition then I would agree with you. Every week I think to myself if only we held the ball and stopped making silly errors then we would've won but the boys just dont seem to be learning from their mistakes. I pray that you are right but at the moment I dont have too much confidence in the team.

Matty B

Reaction score
We played well for 5 minutes. Still patchy over 80 minutes, and alot of errors and lack of ball control and poor defence, im very worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.