James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
Going to be real interesting to see if Cleary can maintain his current form without the best props in the game getting them on the front foot.
Its a 2 way street..
The forwards need Cleary and their hooker to lead them into the defensive line, as much as Cleary and Luai need the forwards to lay the platform.

My guess is they'll find some other young gun forwards to play in a similar way to JFH, Leota and Leniu before them.

But when you look at the talent that would have left since 2021 it is staggering...
Burton
Capewell
Api
Kikau
Crighton
Leniu
Salmon
Luai
JFH

Thats staggering considering many of them are/were considered as one of the best in their respective positions.

Just proves how masterful Ivan Cleary is as head coach.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I
Its a 2 way street..
The forwards need Cleary and their hooker to lead them into the defensive line, as much as Cleary and Luai need the forwards to lay the platform.

My guess is they'll find some other young gun forwards to play in a similar way to JFH, Leota and Leniu before them.

But when you look at the talent that would have left since 2021 it is staggering...
Burton
Capewell
Api
Kikau
Crighton
Leniu
Salmon
Luai
JFH

Thats staggering considering many of them are/were considered as one of the best in their respective positions.

It shows what a masterful coach Cleary is?? Please. What it does prove is that Gus is the best junior pathways builder in the game bar none .Regardless of how talented Cleary is or any half for that matter they only play off the back of the platform their forwards lay. Sure they might have some talented kids coming through but it takes years in FG to become an alpha prop like JFH . They will struggle next year .

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It shows what a masterful coach Cleary is?? Please. What it does prove is that Gus is the best junior pathways builder in the game bar none .Regardless of how talented Cleary is or any half for that matter they only play off the back of the platform their forwards lay. Sure they might have some talented kids coming through but it takes years in FG to become an alpha prop like JFH . They will struggle next year .
They wont "struggle"
They'll probably recede, but still make finals.

But that could be due to losing Luai as well as JFH. Renember they've done ok without him during some injuries and suspensions so its not an immediate effect on their performance.

Im sure Ivan will find someone else to recruit or elevate into the role.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They wont "struggle"

But that could be due to losing Luai as well as JFH. Renember they've done ok without him during some injuries and suspensions so its not an immediate effect on their performance.

I Guess we will see.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus tried last year with Hunt and he also went after Luai and the press conference from Luai he said he told Ciraldo.

JFH was a clean cut deal between him, Penrith and Warriors no one else involved and not a single leak to the media from anyone. I doubt not another club knew as it would have been leaked.

Warriors and Sharks came out the big winners. If McGuire picks Stefano in Origin Penrith lose out.
Didn't try hard enough in my opinion.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think hes a downgrade from AFB
They wont "struggle"

Yeh while hes a decent player he isnt an unreplaceable presence in the team. They wont miss a beat, hes been out a number of times and they dont lose because of it. Penrith would much more seriously feel the difference if they lost Cleary, Edwards, Yeo.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbf I'd say hunt was never a chance of signing with us even if the dragons granted his release.

I'd say he would have gone to the tits
Not just Hunt.. The whole Rugby league world. Townsend was on the rocks at the beginning of the year, Fogarty off contract last year. SJ nope. Hastings nope. How many out there contracted that could be enticed by a decent wage... How many clubs out there would have worked on a swap deal.

Yet we got Hutchison.

Didnt try hard enough.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not just Hunt.. The whole Rugby league world. Townsend was on the rocks at the beginning of the year, Fogarty off contract last year. SJ nope. Hastings nope. How many out there contracted that could be enticed by a decent wage... How many clubs out there would have worked on a swap deal.

Yet we got Hutchison.

Didnt try hard enough.
Yeah probably right about that, but I'm sure there's something in the works. I didn't think hutch would be played at 7 at any point this year as we had sexton and now an option potentially in taaffe at least his time in the side could be limited

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I
Its a 2 way street..

Burton
Capewell
Api
Kikau
Crighton
Leniu
Salmon
Luai
JFH

What did his time at the Tigpies prove?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The best part about this is Scrotum Neck not knowing Webster called about JFH months ago.
Scrotum Neck..Penrith power broker
I think a lot of the eggs in the media is upset that this came out of the blue

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Webster is Pantherising the Warriors!

While SJ remains they will be a massive threat to the comp.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Webster is Pantherising the Warriors!

While SJ remains they will be a massive threat to the comp.
Tend to agree but I don't think the nrl will let them win the grandfinal if they get there.

Doesn't suit their narrative

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tend to agree but I don't think the nrl will let them win the grandfinal if they get there.

Doesn't suit their narrative
League is starting to take off in NZ with a strong Warriors, it is in the best interest of the NRL to have the Warriors win a grand final while the All Black aren't that great and the need for money lol