Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
konate vvd and quansah as your cbs next year?

still think use need 1 more considering Konate is injury prone
Does Slot rate Geertruida high enough to bring him over? For me I would look at other options but there’s been a lot of talk about Geertruida probably just media beat up though.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Euros this year won’t help with making transfers either I assume until after it finishes.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does Slot rate Geertruida high enough to bring him over? For me I would look at other options but there’s been a lot of talk about Geertruida probably just media beat up though.
I think it'll most likely happen

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
euros then the Olympics though I think Olympics is under 21s with a few older players
New coach and during the transfer window there is the Euros and the Olympics get in! Can’t wait to here “ so and so isn’t willing to discuss his future until after the conclusion of the Euros or Olympics to finish solely on the tournament” reminds me of the Fekir situation lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
is a handy player to fill in anywhere in the backline I guess it'll come down to what slot wants to do next season
He uses an inverted fullback and a proper defender, sets up more like Pep at the back and in buildup. Gomez is a pretty comfortable on the ball and should fit in well.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
New coach and during the transfer window there is the Euros and the Olympics get in! Can’t wait to here “ so and so isn’t willing to discuss his future until after the conclusion of the Euros or Olympics to finish solely on the tournament” reminds me of the Fekir situation lol
think there's copa America as well so will be really difficult to sign players

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He uses an inverted fullback and a proper defender, sets up more like Pep at the back and in buildup. Gomez is a pretty comfortable on the ball and should fit in well.
Can't see him leaving but we do need to add to our backs.

Need a other CB for sure as can't rely on Konate and Quansah is still so young and got a lot of learning still left in him.

Would you let Robbo go? Got a feeling Edwards says goodbye

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Need a other CB for sure as can't rely on Konate and Quansah is still so young and got a lot of learning still left in him.

I'd let Robbo go for sure, it's no coincidence that our worst football was played at the beginning and the end of the season when he was a starter. We need a proper LCB this season, essentially a left footed Gomez.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd let Robbo go for sure, it's no coincidence that our worst football was played at the beginning and the end of the season when he was a starter. We need a proper LCB this season, essentially a left footed Gomez.
I'm on the same boat. Him constantly rushing in just left us so exposed.

Will be interesting seeing how we line up next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm on the same boat. Him constantly rushing in just left us so exposed.

Will be interesting seeing how we line up next year
I'm just hoping Szoboszlai plays in a more offensive role, he looked so good to start the season but dropped off considerably. He has so much more goals in him imo.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We also have young Sepp Van den Berg who was loaned out to Mainz possibly returning .From all reports he’s had great season . I was reading he is now one of the fastest centre backs going around clocking 35kph and averaging 11 kilometres per game. The kid can move . With Quansah and Van den Berg we have 2 young talented centre backs .
Personally I’d sell Konate and look to sign someone better and more experienced CB to partner VVD.
let’s not forget Gomez is very versatile and can also play CB if required.

SunnycoastDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
spurs ain't getting top 4 use shouldn't have to worry about them
It’s Villa brother lol
Always the bloody hard way but Ange seems to be playing his part well for us. Hahahaha

would cap a brilliant weekend after seeing the scum relegated to Div 1.

UTV