Valentine Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played Junior Kiwis last year and Junior Kangaroos this year. Is the criteria different now that its not a world cup year?

Also

Pritchard - Kiwis to Samoa
Taumalolo - Tonga to Kiwis
Tupou - Tonga to Aussie
Guera(sp?) - Italy to Aussie

Probably a few others too but i thought you had to wait 2 years to go from a tier 1 team to tier 2 team AND couldnt change from either Aus to NZ/England vice versa?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think for the World Cup is was agreed that players not picked in the Kangaroos/Kiwis/English squads could play for other nations as long as they were eligible, without risk of not being eligible for the larger nations.

It was a good idea. It definitely made Rugby League look a lot better internationally during the World Cup.

I can't explain Valentine Holmes' situation. I see it happen a lot in the junior ranks. A lot of the kids play for NZ first but then choose to pledge allegiances to Australia because there's more money to be made.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think for the World Cup is was agreed that players not picked in the Kangaroos/Kiwis/English squads could play for other nations as long as they were eligible, without risk of not being eligible for the larger nations.

It was a good idea. It definitely made Rugby League look a lot better internationally during the World Cup.

I can't explain Valentine Holmes' situation. I see it happen a lot in the junior ranks. A lot of the kids play for NZ first but then choose to pledge allegiances to Australia because there's more money to be made.
Yea the world cup was definitely better for it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Don't forget the prospect of Origin Milford as an example lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
None of it makes sense.

Josh McGuire played for Australia 2 weeks ago, will play for Samoa on Saturday then be eligible for Australia and Queensland again after the 4N.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
None of it makes sense.

Josh McGuire played for Australia 2 weeks ago, will play for Samoa on Saturday then be eligible for Australia and Queensland again after the 4N.
its silly but until international league gets a deeper pool of talent its the only way to make lesser skilled nations competitive.

I'd like league to have a bit more focus on international games, its a shame the GB lions wont be playing against us next year.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its silly but until international league gets a deeper pool of talent its the only way to make lesser skilled nations competitive.

I'd like league to have a bit more focus on international games, its a shame the GB lions wont be playing against us next year.
Yeah because the season is so long, there isnt really room for International games. Feb to Oct is a long season. They get most of October off then report back to training in November/December/January, then Charity Shield, Challenge Cup and Auckland 9s plus preseason games in Feb. That means no room for International games unless they shorten the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.