We have turned the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The boys will know that the game was lost in the first 20 minutes. They gave them 16 points start.
However, despite that I believe that the effort was definately there tonight.
Just need to fix up some of the silly penalties and be a bit more clinical. If we had of scored early when we had a few repeat sets we could have won.
Again, the effort and attitude was good. They MUST build on this.
The wins are coming!

And another thing, Groom looks the goods - Give him more games!

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Groom off the bench. DJ improved alot tonight and he'll go 1st choice next week with Roberts (if fit) i'd say. They played with more heart tonight and against large odds

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Agree, DJ was better. Corey had a blinder also

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they played so well tonight, i couldnt believe it, i mean everyone believe we were going to win, sulli not scoring is such a heart break.

i know it seems as if fans are harsh, but like if the team plays good, win or lose were proud of em. the referee ****ed them tonight, the team really did play well.

DJ, Corey, Utai, SBW and Hickey were my top 5 in the game tonight

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Turned the corner? Good game. Let's see how they go next week. Much improved though. Thought DJ had a good game. Groom? Not sure. Defensively was poor and went into a shell. Benefit of the doubt given he was in hospital all week.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Much, much better. Hopefully we have turned the corner and can improve on that next week.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
If they bring that effort for 80 mins every game we'll beat a few teams for sure. I was really proud of the effort tonight.

Never gave up. Thats all we can ask as fans.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Turned the corner? Good game. Let's see how they go next week. Much improved though. Thought DJ had a good game. Groom? Not sure. Defensively was poor and went into a shell. Benefit of the doubt given he was in hospital all week.
Groom missed a few tackles 1st half, I hope u dont think his defence was poor 2nd half.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Defensively was poor? Groom?

I thought he was outstanding in defense. Had about two textbook hits on Mini which jarred the ball loose and tackled props and second rowers all night perfectly.

Also made a tremendous tackle on Delaney at the start to keep him in goal.

All those people who say he's a turnstyle must be way off the mark judging by tonight.

lulus91

The North Shore Bulldog
Reaction score
Really good game tonight....the boys really stepped up and played for the whole 80mins.....i was on the edge of my seat the whole time =]

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they showed so much promise! i was very proud of the effort tonight! prouder than i have been all year!

wattman316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dont think we will get a win for a while
the boys have forgotten how to win

lukesdogs

Armchair Coach
Reaction score
Have to build on it!!!!
have to agree tonight was a game we can build off. ben roberts will make a difference. throught groom had a fair game seeing he was crook this week but do you play both him and sully off the beanch?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Unfortunately Folkes will drop Groom back out

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
pretty good effort from everyone tonight. Will bring some confidence into the team aswell.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Bloody QLD selectors. Take out Prince and we murder them! lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bloody QLD selectors. Take out Prince and we murder them! lol
Haha. Thats what I was thinking. Maybe even Nathan Friend too. He or Cooper Cronk should have been selected over PJ Marsh on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.