Search results

1. M

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 11| Raiders vs Bulldogs

Fair call. I agree he certainly didn’t win a blues jersey. But wasn’t terrible. The whole team just looked so slow. That was a game from last year. Looked identical in every way.
  2. M

Come in mate. He played decent. Made over a hundred meters, set up a line break. Made four tackle breaks. And kicked well. Just shouldn’t be a goal kicker.
  3. M

And wasn’t Savage offside when Tracey dropped the first kick? I thought he was clearly in front.
  4. M

That was a performance from last year. Lazy, impatient, thoughtless and soft. Just terrible. Obviously on the piss all week and expecting an easy win. Canberra turned up and we just couldn’t go with them. They deserve that win and we deserve that loss. I’m picking this was the game that sinks...
  5. M

Which club do you hate the most?

Our team has rivals in Sydney. Certainly we hate some of them more than others. But none of them have hurt our status of the best NRL team more than the Broncos. Those pricks have a monopoly in Queensland. It hurts every club in the game. They were responsible for Super League and the downfall...
  6. M

Where our juniors sit (Fullbacks) - Opinion

Agree. Woods is the best young talent we have had for years.
  7. M

Opinion The Power of having Gustovos in Charge ..

We weren’t back then. Would have fitted in with Dean Pay. I think if we signed Korisau at a similar time we turn the club around a long time ago. Maybe
  8. M

Rumour Canterbury Bulldogs Chasing Leigh Leopards Forward Tom Amone

Going off his video highlights he looks the goods. Great footwork, ball skills, strong leg drive and hits a hole well. If he plays like you say he has in the NRL like he did in the Super league. We have a great prop
  9. M

Karl Oloapu Injury Update

Could be our future 13. Really like Karl. Hope he continues to get better. His potential is probably the greatest of anybody in the team.
  10. M

It’s been such an embarrassing time to be a Bulldogs supporter. I haven’t seen a worse period in my 45 years. Growing up we were the most feared team in the comp. We were always a chance no matter who put in that jersey. Ordinary players came from other clubs and looked like superstars playing...
  11. M

Thanks champion. I just watched it. Interesting that we were one of the clubs that had no players with player options. Same as Penrith, Brisbane and South’s. Great company to be in. Melbourne were one team that had a few player options. I’m assuming that was a Bellamy option. Similar to the...
  12. M

Sam Walker should have signed elsewhere. He doesn’t excel when playing structured footy. It’s such a shame he didn’t chose us. We did offer more than the chooks.
  13. M

Have to beat the Raiders

Exactly. Move the ball from one edge to another. Use our speed to get around their massive pack. Most importantly we need to continue with our line speed. Slow them down in the play the ball and move up quick. When they are tired the points will come. Just don’t give them any field position...
  14. M

Official Gus on Twitter

You be are right in everything you have said. Unfortunately we are stuck at Homebush for a long time. What really annoys me is that Olympic stadium was meant to be demolished and rebuilt. An ideal home stadium with seating similar to Brisbane or Parramatta. But that was cast aside and Syndey...
  15. M

Opinion Skelton

Exactly. He is a decent backup on the wing if we get a few injuries.
  16. M

Have to beat the Raiders

Exactly. The fear of getting hurt again is always on your mind after a bad injury. It takes a while. Sometimes months to forget about it.
  17. M

Hutchinson is a momentum killer

I’ll be brutally honest. Sexton doesn’t talk enough mate. He gos to water when the pressure is on. He is a terrible general and leader. And has very little experience doing this. It’s why the Titans dropped him and we’re happy to let him go This is what they are working on. He knows this. But...
  18. M

News ‘Put the house on it’: Viral NRL conspiracy says Bulldogs to win 2024 premiership

If every other teams best players keep getting injured we might be a slight chance to upset some teams in the finals. Need to win three games in a row and then we might start worrying the better teams.
  19. M

We could. But why risk it?
  20. M

We out played Penrith in Penrith. Only a freakish effort from Cleary and a terrible penalty count against us stopped us from winning. Nobody in the team should be dropped after that effort. We are about to play three of the easier teams. If we play exactly the same as we did against Penrith...
  21. M

But then the season is gone. We have at least three winnable games in the next three weeks. Hutch will be good enough to get a win in all three. Changing the team could hurt our chances.
  22. M

Semi-final intensity?

Every round please. From here on in. Until the day you die.
  23. M

Opinion The 6-agains and Penalties hurt Big Time ..

I think there are ways around it. Certainly we need to get Critta talking to the refs more. That will always help. Having a small pack doesn’t help in getting six agains. We struggle to control the ruck with fewer players. Or at least that is bias from the refs. Our tackling style is to lift...
  24. M

Semi-final intensity?

Please do this all season champion.
  25. M

Semi-final intensity?

Thankyou for those stats. It felt like a semi final clash. Would love all our games compared with others games in this way. Our team is playing better than I thought they would. As Borat would say ‘I’m so excite’
  26. M

Let’s put it this way. If Sexton or another player takes Hutches place at halfback. And we start losing games we should be winning. What do we do then?
  27. M

Unfortunately the majority of supporters don’t understand the game very well. Solid defences can miss plenty of tackles. It’s more important to slow momentum and stop the line breaks. A lot of halves move up fast and allow others to wrap up the tackle. This makes the player look poor defensively...
  28. M

Have to beat the Raiders

Our season will be won or lost in Magic round.
  29. M

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

I thought the rule was that if you had the ball off the ground you could pass.
  30. M

Exactly. Stats aren’t always perfect. They are simply a guide to how a player or team can improve. We missed more tackles than any other team when we last won the comp. Our defensive system scrambled after contact. It was very effective. Yes we need to miss less tackles in our current system...
  31. M

It’s a shame that Mann didn’t get enough game time. He turned the ball on the inside very well. Surprised we didn’t score off it a few times.
  32. M

We missed the most tackles if any team when we won the premiership in 2004
  33. M

Two try’s each. At the best teams home ground. Can’t do much better than that in a rebuild
  34. M

Rumour Bulldogs set to Sign Angus Chrighton

I really hope you get this one right
  35. M

Cleary too good so far. Plus Panthers line speed is ridiculous. For a big team they are so fit. Honestly we are doing great against the best team in the comp. Just need to keep them to only three try’s. It’s not our night.
  36. M

Taaffe and Sexton aren’t great talkers. Hutch is. We need his experience. Yes our attack might be better with so many others. But our defence would be worse. Our side would not be playing to the game plan. We would not be wining the territory battle. Etc. Hutch is needed until we sign a Chad...
  37. M

We need a talker in the halves mate. That’s what he does well. O’Neill does that well too. But he is a year away
  38. M

Wilson is a good backup. But our backline looks much better with Kiraz on the wing.
  39. M

Hutch is the main reason why the team is playing well this year.
  40. M

If Alomoti is marking Xerri we are a great chance of scoring points down that side.
  41. M

Tough game. Not expecting a win. But if we do everything well or Penrith have an off day we are a good chance. Our line speed needs to be even better and it needs to continue the whole game. Our kick chase needs to stop them as they catch. Pressure on the playmakers but more so Yeo. Hit him...
  42. M

Our defense is awesome.

Defence wins games. It’s that simple. We are so big on effort. Mahoney, Curran and Kiks lead that.
  43. M

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 9 | Post game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

Great to get the win. Great comeback in that second half. Just found a way to win. Huge effort.
  44. M

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 9 | Pre game | Bulldogs vs Tigers

It didn’t even look like it touched the line
  45. M

I noticed that too. Very poor that we aren’t tuning into him and taking a dive.
  46. M

Tigers are on. And we are very off
  47. M

Skelton looks great but still can’t read the defence as well as our first grade wingers. Hopefully he gets a run if Fox makes origin.
  48. M

Todd is the next middle that should come into first grade. It’s amazing how much better he continues to get.
  49. M

Taafe isn’t as safe as Tracey. But he offers a lot more creativity in attack. Against a soft Tigers side he should give us a few try’s.
  50. M

The tigers team compared to ours on paper Our backline is much better. The halves is close, but Burton is better than the others. Maybe a tie. Fullback and hooker close as well. We probably have the better fullback and they have the better hooker. Forwards. They have better middles. We have...
  51. M

He is an upgrade on what they have based on current form. But he is a rookie in one of the best systems the game has seen. Remember Stains looked good in that system too. At the Tigers he is ordinary.
  52. M

This game will show us where we are as a team. If we put a big score on the Tigpies we are on the right path to a finals shot this year. If not we are another year or more away.
  53. M

Official Gus on Twitter

Woods was the best player in Harold Matt’s and Sg Ball. Won the medal both times. So is the best player, in his age group, in the premier competition. O’Neill may be next in line because he is older. But I doubt that he is better than Woods at the same age.
  54. M

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

He is a good assistant coach from what we have seen this year. I would also like us to add an experienced halfback who is currently playing.
  55. M

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Exactly. Somebody who is experienced and can help coach the halves. Chad Townsend would be ideal.
  56. M

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

We don’t need another young halfback. We need an older halfback with lots of experience. We don’t want to block our juniors.
  57. M

Official 2024 SG Ball, Harold Matts Squads , Scores and Team News

Is the game over yet? and why are we playing our under 18’s not under 19’s like every other club?
  58. M

Opinion Skelton

Maybe we could turn him into a middle. But that would take a long time. Most likely an off season. Defensively he could cost us currently.
  59. M

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

It’s going to be hard to fit them all in or pick the right ones. O’Neill will most likely make his debut next year. But could get a crack this year over origin. Woods does seem like a once in a generation talent though. And Conti makes him look even better. I’m looking forward to seeing him...
  60. M

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

They will come back after a loss
  61. M

Opinion Bailey Hayward

Playing great footy. Love his attitude
  62. M

Explanation on referring decision

We got fucked hard by the ref. But still flogged Newcastle. Great win.
  63. M

News 'I can't understand the comments': Phil Gould counters Trent Robinson over Dominic Young send off furore

He has close to if not the best team on paper. The problem is that he can’t coach very well and is only a good man manager. The chickens tactics this year have been terrible. Too much flair and not enough grunt. It suits the pricks.
  64. M

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

lol. Somebody needs to do a Bill Kikau as Chuck Norris meme.
  65. M

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

We have all be waiting to long for a strong side. It’s good to see some positive vibes going into games. But we won’t be good enough until we are top four consistently and threatening to win more than one premiership. That’s the Bulldogs I grew up supporting
  66. M

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Not old enough to see Reg. But old enough to have played with and against Mark. I meant it was more about the way they both beat their opposite centre so easily. Xeri reminds me of him. And positions his man very well.
  67. M

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

I remember first hearing about Xeri. A few people were comparing him to a young Gasnier. I doubted the talk at the time. But after watching him make first grade at Cronulla. I changed my mind. He had the talent. But more importantly he had the will and put in the effort. If he stays injury free...
  68. M

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

No. But if you say he is a plodder because of something the two best middles in the game have done, than you have a very poor argument.
  69. M

Ciraldo’s selection headache after storm thriller

He is a very, very good talent. Our best half coming through the grades since Thurston.
  70. M

So you think Carrigan and Haas are plodders too?
  71. M

Ciraldo’s selection headache after storm thriller

I don’t think he is even close to being ready yet. He is a freak though.
  72. M

Highes can do that to anybody. I remember him carving up Carrigan and Haas. They certainly aren’t plodders. He was playing in the middle. He axed their forwards. Great game.
  73. M

exactly. Turpin played well enough to get a chance at halfback. His defence was awesome.
  74. M

That looked like the plan. And it makes more sense. Xeri is a better attacking threat on that left side. I hope he keeps Critta on the right all year.
  75. M

Hayward - What's Ciraldo's plan here?

His role is to play the ball distributor just like Salmon.
  76. M

Hayward - What's Ciraldo's plan here?

He is a Ciro type 13 or 7. So whoever gets injured first.
  77. M

Rd 6 vs Storm 3-2-1

3 Kiks 2 Burto 1 Fox
  78. M

We just don’t have the team

Like it or not we simply don’t have the talent and experience to be a contender this year I this the majority will admit that. So what do we as supporters hope for??? I’ll be honest and say if we finish top twelve we are doing better than I thought. Our players just aren’t good enough. We have...
  79. M

Cameron Ciraldo

When Ciro has a team that isn’t bottom four on paper. He will do very well. In a few years we most likely challenge for the premiership
  80. M

I wonder if we are a chance of picking up an experienced halfback on the outer at their team. Is there anybody available?
  81. M

I agree that we should have a better halfback. I’m very confident Gus will sign one for next year. My issue is that we don’t have anybody better than Hutch. Sexton is ridiculously overrated on here. And is still very young. Taafe has trained all pre season at fullback. And has rarely played...
  82. M

best game we have played in many years. Hutch played a part in it. I’ll be the first one to say we need a better halfback. But defensively he is so much better than Sexton or Taafe. I doubt either are the answer. If Turpin was moved to halfback we might be slightly better. But the team still is...
  83. M

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Exactly. He is very clearly one of if not the best defensive halfbacks in the game. And more importantly he is part of the defensive system that is saving this team from being flogged each game.
  84. M

He could be as good as them soon.
  85. M

Cameron Ciraldo

Salmon. Curran. Mann. Burton. All playing better footy than they have at other clubs.
  86. M

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

This is what most people forget. We are not much chance to make the finals this year. So we need to build combinations for next year. Moving players destroys that. In the offseason we can do that. Not during the year.
  87. M

No. It would hurt our defence. No changes needed
  88. M

Cameron Ciraldo

Agreed. If he or any other top shelf halfback is available throw them big money for a couple of years while the young guys come through. Ciro looks like a coach that gets the best out of an average team. I’m looking forward to him having a great team.
  89. M

Taafe would have cost us the game by missing way too many tackles.
  90. M

Cameron Ciraldo

I remember people complaining about Perry, Hughes, Harris and Grimaldi when Folkes stuck with them and we won the comp. Ciro reminds me of Folkes. He gets the best out of players.
  91. M

We desperately need to sign Chad Townsend or preferably somebody better for a year or two. Plus LoLo or another experienced middle. We can win the comp in a few years.
  92. M

Got a great feeling we beat the Knights next week. And I did say. If we win three before the bye we are doing great. Four and it’s a miracle.
  93. M

So you would chose Sexton, Taafe or Hayward over Hutch. It would probably destroy their careers. Hutch is there because he is experienced and can defend better than any other option. You clearly have an agenda. But you are being shown up. Ciro is looking like a better coach each game.
  94. M

lol. You are a very simple individual. And you have not answered my question. We don’t have a better half than Hutch. You still like to be a bitch and whine like you did after your dad didn’t let you lick his balls. But that’s the game. We don’t have the players. But we still almost beat...
  95. M

Better than anything. We are brilliant. Ciro the SuperCoach.
  96. M

I was yelling at the screen for him to jump too. Clearly he couldn’t. Too many emotional fans unfortunately. The boys played outstanding. If we play like that every week we could make the finals.