Rd 6 vs Storm 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can live with your take. Pretty much spot on...

But...Top 6: because I can. Would be:
6pts: Tracey (found our fullback)
5pts: Kiraz (epic)
4pts: Kikau (beast)
3pts: Fox (one for each try)
2pts: Xerri (not a bad second outing)
1pt: Curran (workhorse)

...with special mentions for Burton (playing much better - what a cut-out ball to get us the lead) & Hughes (playing with the aggression of an Alpha Dog - loving it).
The players who stood up and stood out is more important than how many points to give them.
So I agree there were at least those 6 - Tracey, Kiraz, Fox, Kikau, Xerri and Curran who excelled.

I'd like to add Mahoney. He cops a bit of criticism on this forum, but I'm a fan.
He has been playing in a front row that is different from one week to the next, with inexperienced props coming off the bench or even starting every week, missing tackles, dropping the ball etc.
He will flourish as the quality of front row partner improves.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players who stood up and stood out is more important than how many points to give them.
So I agree there were at least those 6 - Tracey, Kiraz, Fox, Kikau, Xerri and Curran who excelled.

I'd like to add Mahoney. He cops a bit of criticism on this forum, but I'm a fan.
He has been playing in a front row that is different from one week to the next, with inexperienced props coming off the bench or even starting every week, missing tackles, dropping the ball etc..
He will flourish as the quality of front row partner improves.
Mahoney is a workaholic.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd like to add Mahoney.
Fair. Mahoney seems to get tossed into the Burton-style 'polarisation-vortex' (love him or hate him).

I'm more in the middle, I think, on both of them.

They're spine players, so that additional scrutiny is just part of the job. They're both definitely doing better than last year, and while there's still some legitimate criticism due, there's also much to like.

Give them time and a better halfback, and both won't feel the need to overplay their hand as much.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ive gotta come back and add this after a closer look at the conceeded tries.

Salmon: NEGATIVE INFINITY. the **** missed 2 tackles that led to tries. Like air swings on both. He makes some contact and they dont score twice. How useless.
Scary Salmon was pretty much first picked

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s awesome to have so many players worthy of points, I forgot Curran last night , what a Bulldog that bloke is.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Vote points for the round

Villiame Kikau 72
Connor Tracey 47
Josh Ado Carr 37
Jacob Kiraz 34