ARGH!!! My Hairdryer Blew Up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Hey chickies,

I have had this Revlon Hairdryer for the last 5 years (can't remember how much I spent on it) that I bought from the Good Guys.

I went to use it this afternoon after beeing in the shower and the cnut blew up on me.

Now I have to go out and get a new one (I already have - I have one on layby at Target).

Thank the lord nothing happened to my GHD.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
hairdryer blowing up has nothing on when a straightner catches on fire while you are doing your hair.

it happened to me about 2 and a half years ago, before they warned you upon purchase never to wrap the cord around the device... back then i had a beast of a straightner... lol remember "muster" they were the GHDs of straightners back in the day, now they r terrible, in retrospect im happy it blew up (even though it almost killed me) I have a silver bullet now <3

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Not to worry girls...

I just got myself a new Remington Hairdryer...

Now I am saved...

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my hairdryer zapped me one day!!

it felt like this massive flick on my index/ or pointy? finger.....it throbbed for so long after that and my dad said i got electrical burn lol

btw- i hate hair dryers my hair goes fuzzy and fly away light no matter how i do it lol

than jesus for my straightener ( and resulting thinner hair :( )

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I <3 my hair dryer.. =]

But I hate using it cos my hair goes frizzy afterwards lol :( despite countless attemps of hair product-ness.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
mines a purple $50ish one (dunno what brand lol) and i looooove it <3

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
mines a black and silver one..

its a remington.. my nana got it for me for christmas acouple of years ago.. it can make my hair straight bu i cant remmeber how haha.. you gotta do it a certain way :S

G

Gort_Nook

so you all cant afford a day at the hairdressers to do your hair?

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i havent been to the hairdresser since feb :o . fortunately i've had my hair dyed back to my natural colour, so you'll never know.
come saturday however...i'm gonna be a redhead again *does happy dance*

but, back to the topic of hairdryers...i think i paid about $150 for mine, some salon one. works like a champ. but, i have very thick, unruly hair, so i still have to straighten it anyway *sigh*

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
um yessssssss

we ALL go the hair dresser EVERY morning BEFORE uni/work to pay 50 bucks for a blow dry :rolleyes:

you know ****. we make ourself presentable everyday. learn something.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My hairdryer blew up on me about 3 weeks ago.. it was really violent! :(

I turned it on, all of a sudden it heated up really fast to the extent i could almost feel my scalp burning.. i took a look at the inside of the dryer and it was glowing really bright orange, as if the sun was inside the dryer...

Then all of a sudden, i hear a loud POP and smoke starts billowing from the dryer.. i thought i was gonna die lol :o

D

DoGs_R_dA_bEst

My hairdryer blew up on me about 3 weeks ago.. it was really violent! :(

I turned it on, all of a sudden it heated up really fast to the extent i could almost feel my scalp burning.. i took a look at the inside of the dryer and it was glowing really bright orange, as if the sun was inside the dryer...

Then all of a sudden, i hear a loud POP and smoke starts billowing from the dryer.. i thought i was gonna die lol :o
it seems some1 put that near water

M

MikeyP..

i use a towel, money saving and i dont really give a fudge wat my hair looks like .....

rami USES a hairdryer??? :S wtf lol .... i thought u were a DUDE ...lol :p

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
i use a towel, money saving and i dont really give a fudge wat my hair looks like .....

rami USES a hairdryer??? :S wtf lol .... i thought u were a DUDE ...lol :p
I never use hair dryers, only that 1 time for a reason for which i dont remember why i used it. Maybe thats why it died :o

::JuSt-BLaZe::

`ashley.
Reaction score
Wtf. anyone can afford to go to the hairdressers, they are talking about DRYING hair here, on a daily basis..

anyway.. i left my hairdryer in Queensland and cannot be bothered to get another one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.