Burton absolutely killing it against the Roosters

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100%. Who was the last bulldog player that could kick torpedo bombs on cue? Anasta?
Will be incredible having a half with a top kicking game.

His speed was impressive too. Didn’t realise how quick he was but those line breaks last night were electric
We didn’t realise how lucky we were with the kicking games of Anasta, Shifty and JT (same team) fk sakes

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We still need to pair him up with a descent 7 all be it a descent team for him to shine like this
Could Burton/BBO be our new Baa/Turvey?

They had different styles but worked extremely well together and adapted to suit each other....maybe the 2022 halves can be, if only, half as good, we are set :grinning:[/QUOTE]

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked out highlights and I found it weird that a playmaker took the line on dummied and went himself are they allowed to do that!?

Jokes aside, it was a great piece of creativity for him to go sit on the wing early in a set and call for the shift, that step he put on Tedesco was beautiful he did that at great speed, good to see!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Im up for giving BBO every chance to prove himself for the rest of the season and into the off season and hopefully he can partner Burto next year, but we can't get too carried away with his performance today regardless of how he plays.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burto still needs a quality hooker and halves partner to shine at dogs. Otherwise we all be disappointed next year .

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys we literally might have gotten the best signing of the last 5 years in this guy. now get B smith to get him quality service

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Luai is really average without Cleary
Makes you wonder how potent Penrith would be with Burton on the left and Cleary on the right

Would like to see Burton play a little on the right side to develop that attribute of being potent on both sides of the ruck

Hopefully we sign a right/develop a compliment for Burton in the off season
I wanted Burton/Cleary and got hammered on reddit for it but he's the better outright half who can make things happen ion his own.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Why don’t we just enjoy the fact we have signed this kid instead of worrying about hypotheticals about him leaving that are two years away from even possibly happening. He’s just signed at the club! Relax!
Fuckn oath.
If the club support him in every facet of life and there is a good environment and the bond he can create with players on and off the field, no one needs to worry what happens next. His destiny is in the club and his hands. I can see burton donning the canterbury jersey for a long time. Hopefully with BBO.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted Burton/Cleary and got hammered on reddit for it but he's the better outright half who can make things happen ion his own.
Think playing in the centre’s has improved his running game this year. His left foot step is lethal and his kicking game was good last night. If he has Pengai jr on the left edge (although I think Pengai will ply right edge with RFM on the left) that edge will be a freakish attacking weapon for us. Naden also would have some combo with Burton also. Happy days ahead

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don’t we just enjoy the fact we have signed this kid instead of worrying about hypotheticals about him leaving that are two years away from even possibly happening. He’s just signed at the club! Relax!
Exactly. I'm 100% sure our club will no longer be letting players out of contracts they wish to keep unless the club interested provides a like for like swap. I'd think we've learned from the Panthers and Storm on how to do business these days. If Burton performs well I'm sure our club will match offers from others and the shoe will be on the other foot for a change and other cubs will be the ones who have to pay extras in overs to try to get him away from our club he's already settled at (has friends at)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton and bbo will destroy teams next year
I agree. Both capable of creating linebreaks from nothing. Don't thin we really need an organising half these days. As long as they know how to ick on the 5th and Burton certainly can do that big time. Has one of the highest bombs you'll ever see. BBO has a great short kicking game to get repeat sets as we've seen