Freddy & Joey on Matt Burton

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Freddy just said he is a centre. Too quiet and doesn’t take control of the game
Prepared to give him one more year at 6 but hey, if it’s not working out, no issue moving him to centre or even trying him at 1.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with moving him to the centres is that its 99.9% likely that he will leave. He sees himself as a five eight and I can pretty much guarantee another NRL side would sign him to play there.

Then we have to sign a half to replace him and there aint much out there.

Personally I think he is overrated as a centre. He played 3/4 of a season at centre and in that side any decent player shines. Isaac Tago is probably doing better there than Burto did.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch from 12:30 in and you will hear them discuss why they know our star player is not a half.
Look forward to the comments for and against.
Do you know who the gun 16 year old half Joey is referring to?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I at work, can't watch.
Can you give me the gist
Said he's a centre basically as he doesn't talk, count numbers or tell teammates what to do.
Freddy briefly mentioned fullback, to which Joey shutdown as we have Crichton and Taaffe.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem with moving him to the centres is that its 99.9% likely that he will leave. He sees himself as a five eight and I can pretty much guarantee another NRL side would sign him to play there.

Then we have to sign a half to replace him and there aint much out there.

Personally I think he is overrated as a centre. He played 3/4 of a season at centre and in that side any decent player shines. Isaac Tago is probably doing better there than Burto did.
Forget about him leaving who’s a standout better option then Burton at our club in the halves ?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Damn so whats that’s like Ivan Cleary who’s the best coach in the NRL plus two immortal halves saying Burton is a centre. Fuck their advice I guess and let’s continue this shithouse project on Burton being a 6 LOL