Harvey Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I always seen the Weinstein company name from watching Kevin Smiths movies growing up and decided to search a picture of these brothers.

My first thought of Harvey was this guy looks like a creep and a pervert.
Bob I’m not too sure about him?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A woman has the right to feel safe, you don't get 23 years by accident.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the facts but jeez it sounds like these ladies made a mistake on the premise of fame and when it didn't materialise they got a bit angry that they gave up thier dignity for nothing, could be totally wrong but wow it comes across like that , it might be my old fashioned brain the whole legal system in the us of a is really a lottery who would want to live there!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know the facts but jeez it sounds like these ladies made a mistake on the premise of fame and when it didn't materialise they got a bit angry that they gave up thier dignity for nothing, could be totally wrong but wow it comes across like that , it might be my old fashioned brain the whole legal system in the us of a is really a lottery who would want to live there!
From reports, it sounds like the prosecution just screwed up. Allowed things they shouldn't have. But it will be re-tried and he's still serving 16 years for another conviction that wasn't overturned.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From reports, it sounds like the prosecution just screwed up. Allowed things they shouldn't have. But it will be re-tried and he's still serving 16 years for another conviction that wasn't overturned.
James Burke, “erroneously” allowed testimony from three women, whose allegations weren’t connected to the case, to be presented as evidence.

Judge Burke then “compounded that error” by ruling that Weinstein could be asked about the women’s accusations on the witness stand if he chose to testify, along with “numerous” other allegations of misconduct that portrayed him in “a highly prejudicial light”.