Immigration debate

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you're reading a sentence and extrapolating out you own meaning, based on your own biases.
I was talking generally, about no government in particular. Thats why I didn't say Labor or Liberal.
Fair enough. Sorry I jumped on it like that. Thought I kept it respectful. Just assumed that you were lumping issues on the current government.

As for the immigration rate.

This shows that the migration rate has been declining. So there's a big outcry about it, but it's the lowest it's been since 2000.

If it's targeted intake to fill employee shortages it can be a positive. I've worked in two different nursing homes. The first one probably had about 60% of the staff from overseas somewhere. Would've been more but it was a town of about 400 people and a lot of locals worked there. The current one I'm working at would probably be 70-80% international workers. I'm know there's other unappealing industries like fruit picking that are in the same boat. So there's definitely more reasons for this than to simply increase the number of tax payers.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Furthermore , if the local Aussies can get off their back side and do some work we don’t have to bring in people from overseas .
I supply to metal working industries and I can tell you this industry is dying not cos there is no work but young people do not want to get their hands dirty .
Wherever I go I only see 60 plus workers who are either owners or only did this work all their lives .
There is a huge knowledge drain from this industry as metal working is an art . The older people are retiring taking away this knowledge with them and no young people making this as a career to attain this knowledge.
I bet it’s the same situation in other similar trades

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I went to Egypt and you arabs did the same to me plus more.

What goes round comes around.
Worse in Instanbul....instead of a bracelet etc ....they put a whopping big snake around your neck before you realise.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Once upon a time the lotteries, electricity, Telstra etc used to generate money for public works. But the last mob sold them off for fucking peanuts.

As for being tax hungry, did the latest round of tax cuts put more shekels in your pocket?

As far as the housing crisis goes. It's not new. 10,000,000 houses weren't demolished when Labor got in. It's just getting more publicity.

I'm not going to get stuck into political talk here. Too many butt hurt libs looking for any reason to criticise.
20240420_075323.jpg

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still Logan . ha ha
But a better name than Cornubia. lol

I wonder if his wife Margaux spoke about selling up on her radio program. (Yeah I know she would have.) And would have 'cried'

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100,000 immigrants a month. Same as Canada and and most western cultures. Sorry I’m all for legal immigration but Australia needs to look after its own. I’ve never seen tent cities in brisbane but our local parks are full of people who can’t get rentals. Beyond sad, this goverment and the previous ones are absolute trash and not a care about us

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiled their pool and patio. Awesome people , his house is massive, big pool and massive yard. His kids were ripping down on dirt bikes and he was driving an old banged up commodore on the paddock. Gave me a broncos training tee I got along with him cause I used to soar at Logan boxing and when I said I knew Chris McMullen he would have a beer with me after work.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no housing crisis.
The only crisis is sell out traitor governments bending over backwards to foreign interest.

Near Lidcombe station on John Street there is a massive apartment block with no lights in in any of them!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
you're reading a sentence and extrapolating out you own meaning, based on your own biases.
I was talking generally, about no government in particular. Thats why I didn't say Labor or Liberal.
Yep both pieces of shit and still unbelievable how even educated people fall for the left/right bullshit.

Government don't give a fuck about us, whether you twerk for Labor or Libs.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Government don't give a fuck about us, whether you twerk for Labor or Libs.
I think they did once upon a time, but these days it's about what do we need to say or do to convince a certain group why they should vote us in, or keep them out.

Its no longer about national interest policy's being put forward, just band aid short term garbage and give aways...

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And our very influentual media have made it that way.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You keep printing money and inflation becomes a problem. The only reason I could think why the government would want to increase immigration is for taxation and labour shortages. We have an ageing population and the aged care sector is in shambles. Not sure what you could say has gone right in this country the last few years

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You keep printing money and inflation becomes a problem. The only reason I could think why the government would want to increase immigration is for taxation and labour shortages. We have an ageing population and the aged care sector is in shambles. Not sure what you could say has gone right in this country the last few years

yup, ageing population is the main driver here.

guess who is going to fund the pensions and well being of the retirees or soon to be retirees in the next 10 years.

not the generational dole bludgers of this country. It has to be immigrants.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thier way of managing an economy, fools with no long term vision.
By all Internationally accepted measures of economic management, Fed Labor Govts have a far better financial footprint of success than any alternative so far presented to the Australian public.

They have provided the long term vision for Medicare, Superannuation, better working conditions and protections. It's a long list.

What long term policies have the current Opposition been responsible for? GST?

No one can rely on either of the big 2 or have confidence in them but there is a good record to reference as to who has the runs on the board.

But we do all have have preferences and simpatico with the 2 parties and their policies that we all align with. Neither of the 2 are living ip to their original founding ethics.

Far more likely, as time goes by, and voters continue with their disillusionment, that 3rd party independents will hold the balance of power with Govts of all persuasions.

Last edited:

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now a place where I want to live in say Lewisham inner west 10 to 15 years ago would have been achievable we own a apartment in Lewisham but 10 to 15 we could have thought about upgrading to a little place with a backyard ect. I don’t want to live in fucking Western Sydney I grew up in Riverwood and bought my first place in Belmore on a housing commission road so yeah but that’s fucking not possible now because the average little shithole house goes for $1.3 million. I earn fairly good money and my missus is a deputy principal.

I don’t care if that sounds arrogant it fucking is because I’ve worked hard to be able to get where I am but Sydney prices our out of control.

so maybe stop bringing in people until shit gets sorted out.
Arhh Riverwood ...Tinseltown used to spend a bit of time there in my early days.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By all Internationally accepted measures of economic management, Fed Labor Govts have a far better financial footprint of success than any alternative so far presented to the Australian public.

They have provided the long term vision for Medicare, Superannuation, better working conditions and protections. It's a long list.

What long term policies have the current Opposition been responsible for? GST?

No one can rely on either of the big 2 or have confidence in them but there is a good record to reference as to who has the runs on the board.

But we do all have have preferences and simpatico with the 2 parties and their policies.

Far more likely, as time goes by, and voters continue with their disillusionment, that 3rd party independents will hold the balance of power with Govts of all persuasions.
My comments were in reference to todays government and thier policies, and that happens to be Labour, if Libs were in office and implenting similar or same my comments would the same. For the record i have said in other threads we have no pollies with credentials at this time from any party.
As for Medicare super I agree, etc yes they were policies for the greater standards for all, by pollies with leadership and vision but this was a long time ago.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My comments were in reference to todays government and thier policies, and that happens to be Labour, if Libs were in office and implenting similar or same my comments would the same. For the record i have said in other threads we have no pollies with credentials at this time from any party.
As for Medicare super I agree, etc yes they were policies for the greater standards for all, by pollies with leadership and vision but this was a long time ago.
Thanks mate for specificly clarifying.

Seems we all agree on the lack of leadership and vision with the whole lot of them :grinning:

Neither party, nor their leaders, are living up to the traditional values of their founders and it's leaving us all disappointed and disillusioned.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disillusioned and Disappointed just about sums it up for most people I would expect.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With all these incompetent (or appearing incompetent) governments worldwide, a global government looks good to NPCs.

The plan is on track nicely.