Manager is Braith Anasta
His played 53 first grade games
Natural Halfback
Will work work well with Burton
Not many halves available.
Solution mid year
Sexton to Raiders
Ilias to bulldogs
the rabbits will not release Illias this year and he would want at least a 3 year contract...how does this affect our juniors halves coming through?

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he's not good enough for Souths we definitely don't want a bar of him
I agree we don't need him at the Bulldogs, but to write a (nearly) 24yo playmaker off because he didn't/couldn't manage the $#!t-show at Souths is very premature.
Their issues run much deeper than Illias - and isn't it great to watch :p

He's talented enough, and with a dearth of game-managing halves coming through he will more than likely feature in the NRL over the next decade.
If not at Souths, then at one of the other 16 (or 19 after expansion) NRL clubs.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No .At present we are on the edge of the 8 , Rabbits are last, Why would we want there players? Plus he is injured.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not happening at all

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Manager is Braith Anasta
His played 53 first grade games
Natural Halfback
Not many halves available.
Solution mid year
Sexton to Raiders
Ilias to bulldogs
Have you ever watched him play? If you really have then you wouldn't be suggesting that we sign him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have Mitchell Woods on a top 30 deal from next year until 2027
Gus has said he wants him too concentrate on his studies this year, rather than play Flegg, he would be at least a year away from first grade once he becomes a full time professional. So he won't be in our fg team until 2026 by my estimations. I don't know why O'Neill hasn't been locked up, he is the logical next step forward

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously Jason Demetriou picked Lachlan Ilias over Adam Reynolds.

Less than a year ago Jason Demetriou backed Lachlan Ilias as his long term halfback.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t work well with prime Wally Lewis ffs. From the day Ilias debuted I have thought he was never going to anything other than mediocre. Oh and btw, I’d have Sexton over him any day.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we haven't even signed O'Neill beyond this year at this stage . . . If he was the club's obvious choice at 7 moving forward, he'd already be retained. So it looks to me like we're keeping our options open. Illias is OK but he wouldn't be much, if any,upgrade on what we have now imo
I would be amazed if they are not negotiating a new deal for him. No way in the world would they want to let him leave. It’s probably like several other player re-signings we’ve made in recent times, where it just comes out of the blue. King and Kiraz come to mind.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree we don't need him at the Bulldogs, but to write a (nearly) 24yo playmaker off because he didn't/couldn't manage the $#!t-show at Souths is very premature.
Their issues run much deeper than Illias - and isn't it great to watch :p

He's talented enough, and with a dearth of game-managing halves coming through he will more than likely feature in the NRL over the next decade.
If not at Souths, then at one of the other 16 (or 19 after expansion) NRL clubs.
Yeah I know, he's had a couple of good moments but for me he seems like the sorta player who is going to take a long time to peak.. Hawkins looks far more threatening and right now we've got Drew getting better but also O'Neill coming through