Official AFL Discussion Thread

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lance Franklin has told Sydney Swans teammates he will retire, effective immediately.

Foxfooty.com.au confirmed Franklin informed players of the decision on Monday at around lunch time, with CEO Tom Harley, coach John Longmire and Franklin all speaking.

Franklin confirmed the news in an Instagram post, writing: “What a journey. Thanks to everyone who has been on this crazy ride with me.”

He suffered a calf injury against Essendon last week, with the club to confirm the extent of the injury later on Monday.

Franklin has played 354 senior games across both Hawthorn and Sydney, booting 1066 goals.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There is literally ten threads about the gayest sport in the world soccer and you call out the one Gayfl thread hehe
Nah Afl is the only gay sport in the world although I absolutely can’t stand flopping in soccer

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah Afl is the only gay sport in the world although I absolutely can’t stand flopping in soccer
Most of the top world soccer players date “models” with the manliest features. Defo the poonce sport of the world. Least old GayFL they used to elbow to jaw from the side lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
It's a shame he got injured as the Swans are warming up. I hope they can make the finals. Going to tough

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most of the top world soccer players date “models” with the manliest features. Defo the poonce sport of the world. Least old GayFL they used to elbow to jaw from the side lol
I can’t lie but I’ve never seen a proper punch up in the AFL like ever before. Bunch of pussies. Those little punches to the stomach and chest fuckn ‘jersey punch’ don’t count either

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t lie but I’ve never seen a proper punch up in the AFL like ever before. Bunch of pussies. Those little punches to the stomach and chest fuckn ‘jersey punch’ don’t count either
Haha yeah there’s some 1970s VFL vile
Shit on YouTube of some of the biggest dog shots I’ve ever seen but that’s long long long gone.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
windy hill is a classic , few blokes
Knocked out cold lol but that’s the 70s

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great player..shame an injury got him in the end.. would’ve been great to see him at end up in the finals as the Swans are running hot at the moment.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did he see out the 9 year deal? Must have gone pretty close..he was a great player indeed.
I dont mind Afl, its way WAY tougher than wogball has or can ever be lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great player..shame an injury got him in the end.. would’ve been great to see him at end up in the finals as the Swans are running hot at the moment.
Their indeed Dark horses Mr.
I cannot recall them ever bottoming out as a team, always have a crack.
I used to follow the Bombers until the Swans came to town way back, don't follow the game much anymore but have kept an eye on them lately.They will need to keep winning obviously but there isn't a big standout favourite this year really?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Their indeed Dark horses Mr.
I cannot recall them ever bottoming out as a team, always have a crack.
I used to follow the Bombers until the Swans came to town way back, don't follow the game much anymore but have kept an eye on them lately.They will need to keep winning obviously but there isn't a big standout favourite this year really?
It will be tough for them B66 to get there. They lost a number of close games when
they were way ahead in the fourth quarter during the year. They also also lost to teams that were below them in the ladder. Even last week they nearly lost after having a 25 point lead.. they have some great players, such as Tom Papley, who is my fav to watch, he never gives up!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I've been watching Swan games been.pretty close games.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder how well an elite AFL player would do on the wing? I doubt any club would pay 800k+ for a winger but thats probably their best position.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did he see out the 9 year deal? Must have gone pretty close..he was a great player indeed.
I dont mind Afl, its way WAY tougher than wogball has or can ever be lol
Think he extended past it by 1 year (this year)

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be tough for them B66 to get there. They lost a number of close games when
they were way ahead in the fourth quarter during the year. They also also lost to teams that were below them in the ladder. Even last week they nearly lost after having a 25 point lead.. they have some great players, such as Tom Papley, who is my fav to watch, he never gives up!
Adelaide and Demons who are the form team at the moment to end the season is brutal

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Adelaide and Demons who are the form team at the moment to end the season is brutal
Yep I agree..love watching the Swans play..enjoy seeing them win..