R.I.P. Richard Gerdes, (Former Manager of Bankstown Indoor Cricket)

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yesterday a good friend of mine, Richard Gerdes was killed in a car crash near Gerringong.

Richard would be well known to anyone who played Grade Cricket and more particularly anyone who played Indoor Cricket, Soccer or Netball at Action Indoor Sport Bankstown, where he was one of the managers.

He passed away in hospital yesterday after a Cardiac Arrest, following a Road accident at Gerroa near Gerringong. His car hit a tree and he was trapped inside the vehicle for 55 minutes before he could be cut out.

I loved the bloke like a little brother. I did a lot of umpiring there when he was was the Manager, and we played a lot of golf together.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people on TK who knew him because they played a sport in the now closed Centre in Hoskins Ave.

R.I.P Richard

Love you brother
Glenn

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday a good friend of mine, Richard Gerdes was killed in a car crash near Gerringong.

Richard would be well known to anyone who played Grade Cricket and more particularly anyone who played Indoor Cricket, Soccer or Netball at Action Indoor Sport Bankstown, where he was one of the managers.

He passed away in hospital yesterday after a Cardiac Arrest, following a Road accident at Gerroa near Gerringong. His car hit a tree and he was trapped inside the vehicle for 55 minutes before he could be cut out.

I loved the bloke like a little brother. I did a lot of umpiring there when he was was the Manager, and we played a lot of golf together.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people on TK who knew him because they played a sport in the now closed Centre in Hoskins Ave.

R.I.P Richard

Love you brother
Glenn
Sorry to hear. That’s a very scenic stretch of road, easy to get distracted

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate. That's tragic news. Thoughts go out to his family and close friends like yourself..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Condolences to you, his family, and friends.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Condolences

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a nasty shock to lose someone to a car accident.

Lost my cousin when he was 24. Everyone else in the car got away with a few scratches, he was thrown clear and sustained massive head injuries. Most likely because he was too tall for seatbelts to sit on his shoulder, so he'd wear his under his arm. There were 5 of them and apparently the driver got distracted by a pillow fight in the back and rolled the car. He was on life support for a day, but there was no hope for him so my aunty and uncle made the call to let him go. And my nephew was part of a little circle of three mates who were super tight when they were all 19. The other two of them we're riding to Brisbane when someone on the wrong side of the road collected one of them on a turn.

Really sorry you lost your mate. There's nothing much I can say that can help. But in time you'll be able to recall the good times without the pain. But in the meantime I hope you have people to support you. It's one thing to unload stuff on here, but it's better to talk to someone close or someone with counselling experience.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

R.I.P Richard

Love you brother
Glenn
Sorry mate. Yeah tragic. Knew him too. Great bloke. Sharp wit. But Dragons supporter