OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hughes was left on the bench for too long after a very dominant opening 20. Ciro was obviously waiting for Penrith to bring back there starting pack but we should have taken the advantage earlier.
I am not going to second guess why ciro did what he did with his bench tonight I have seen too many do it and end up looking like dickheads.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the final penalty count and 6 agains? I feel like we got gangbanged
What do you expect it was a Panffers home game. As I stated earlier today.

"Being a Panfffers home game, I give home teams 8 points start, as referees including the bunker strongly favour the home sides these days to keep the crowd happy".

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was a good game of footy. Penrith are the benchmark, their defence is sensational and even without Cleary they are stacked with attacking options, how good are Edwards and Yeo? Not to mention JFH, his carries are so good and he plays the ball so quickly, Warriors are damn lucky to be getting him next year.

As for us, as always this season there are more positives than negatives:
1. Critta gets better every game. The way he hits the defence in yardage is awesome, bends the line every time or gets his head or arm free. Ran for 161m tonight, he is elite.
2. Kiraz 240m, turned on beast mode yet again.
3. Reed 64 tackles and clearly got the message about too much niggle.
4. Tracey superb game yet again.

Losing by 6 to Penrith at Penrith is massive, tonight was the real test of where we’re at. Our attack struggled obviously, Penrith had the game plan to shut us down and were good enough to execute. We got too bogged down with one out plays and went into our shell, they just slowly strangled us with field position but even when we got players into space they were just too good and shut us down.
Two tries apiece. So defence was pretty even, considering the penalties and repeat sets went heavily in Penrith's favour; plus the Dogs gave them possession through simple errors. We also missed three tries from breaks that just didn't pay off.

We won the second half two tries to nil, so it makes me wonder what the game could have been had Cleary not played the first half.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes was left on the bench for too long after a very dominant opening 20. Ciro was obviously waiting for Penrith to bring back there starting pack but we should have taken the advantage earlier.
Agree re Hughes and Max King is not a prop, gets through a lot of work but is wasted in the front row. Lacks size and can't remember the last time he broke the defensive line.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree re Hughes and Max King is not a prop, gets through a lot of work but is wasted in the front row. Lacks size and can't remember the last time he broke the defensive line.
Hughes needs to get a bit more mongrel in him. He can make breaks but lacks the aggression to just steam roll over the try line.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am not going to second guess why ciro did what he did with his bench tonight I have seen too many do it and end up looking like dickheads.
Not gonna guess what he was thinking but if I were in charge, I would of played him from 30 mins in and assess him at HT to see how he is travelling.

But the loss isn't on that, it's on the 56 missed tackles, our halves not threatening and our putrid finishes.

I just hope this loss will deflate any big heads and show them we are on the right track but have a heap of work needed still.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Except kiraz was laying on top of taruva and both taruvas hands where outstretched in front of him
I gotta watch it again but i replayed it during the game and saw Kiraz on back, Turuva next to him holding his jersey around the stomach area.

If he didnt have hold of his jersey play on.

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
That said, you have to give away a few to try and slow Penrtruth
We also got 2 pens and (I think) a repeat set - maybe 2 - in the last 5 minutes, royally fisted prior to that.
that said, you need to give away a few penalties against the Panthers, they play so fucking fast it’s impressive to watch. But they aren’t perfect in defence, and that’s where it’s frustrating. How did they give away no set restarts when we had 70%of the ball in the fist 25mins? Thats where ‘top team bias’ comes in from the refs. And the comms team never mention it.